Hpd Sick Days

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It seems to me that a lot of Officers are out sick these days or allegedly injured so they can stay home and study for the upcoming promtional exams, particularly ones studying for the next Lieutenents spot. How is this tolerated? Do they have documentation from a medical doctor that they are sick or injured? I find it difficult to believe that a man in command of other officers would be that irresponsible and negligent in his attendance. Do they need a doctors note? Is the Officer really sick or injured? These questions should be addressed by the Chief. Overtime should not be given out so freely considering the tax situation of the citizens dwindling dollars.

Guest Sgt. Shultz
It seems to me that a lot of Officers are out sick these days or allegedly injured so they can stay home and study for the upcoming promtional exams, particularly ones studying for the next Lieutenents spot. How is this tolerated? Do they have documentation from a medical doctor that they are sick or injured? I find it difficult to believe that a man in command of other officers would be that irresponsible and negligent in his attendance. Do they need a doctors note? Is the Officer really sick or injured? These questions should be addressed by the Chief. Overtime should not be given out so freely considering the tax situation of the citizens dwindling dollars.

Besides----all the OT is at the HFD :o:D:P:P

Guest entitled

How do you know they are out sick due to studying? Are you in any way aware of these certain officers medical history or current illnesses? These men/woman are entitled to sick time just as any other job is.

Give it up your point is idoitic.

Guest Guest

The unlimited sick time is not going to last. I give it about 6 months before the town goes back to the 15 days. Of course, this will be after everyone signs away their accumulated time. What a bunch of fools! You are getting set-up real good just like the promised promotions that never happened. You deserve what you get when you show your open hand of how easily you can be taken. Some people pull the rabbit out of the hat (Mayor and Council) while others just stand around wondering how they did it (PBA).

Guest Guest

The town should tighten the noose on all of this sick time. A doctors note for a specific condition should be required if you are sick. Then the town doctor or a psychiatrist should evaluate the Officer to see if they are well enough or fit for duty. Supervisors should be held to an even higher standard and demoted if they cannot make it to work. The ex-Chief showed that the department could run very smoothly without all the supervision. It would save the town lots of money!

Guest Guest

The test is just to keep everyone in line. How could the town possibly use any more Police supervisors. There are not that many regular cops to supervise. We have like 10 or 11 Lieutenents, why would we possibly need more unless it is someone who is a total ass-licker of a one of the Councilman. A Chief, 3 captains, 10 or 11 Lieutenents, and 6 or 7 Sargeants already to manage a less than 60 man Police Dept. is a totlal waste of money. I thought the State of NJ set the number of each rank, and it could not be this high, especially the Lieutenents spot.

Guest Guest

The answer is no, a note is not needed. I for one do not want this unlimited sick ti

me eating up the tax money. Why is unlimited sick time needed? To abuse it, thats all.

Guest Guest
The answer is no, a note is not needed. I for one do not want this unlimited sick ti

me eating up the tax money. Why is unlimited sick time needed? To abuse it, thats all.

Ohhhh stop crying D.R. (IKE) just because your a rat, and you have saved up 150 sick days.

Its funny when you retire you only get half of what you had anyway dummy. You recieve the money over 3 years moron.... use the days.

You think you are going to miss something by not coming to work........

Figures that is why the FOP is where it is because you are the president.....

Guest no note needed

are you insane dude? a note for what ?wipe your lard ass with it, what doctor excuses a hangover or a party on cross st??? even the lame ass excuses of a bad back? seems squad five suffers from that condition. :lol: no we are doomed because of people like that dude. even the dispatchers are catching on,they've adopted our stomach virus and allergies well. who controls them? sick abuse is everywhere in this dept. someone needs to take a stand. i'm all for the strict measures have all the shit people do around here. i'm pba by the way!

Guest Guest

I hope you all learn a lesson....Life is too short to be bickering and crying like you guys are....I hope you all get it together and support each other.

Guest guest_Guest
I hope you all learn a lesson....Life is too short to be bickering and crying like you guys are....I hope you all get it together and support each other.

I second that....Guys knock it off Life is way to short You never know what tomorrow brings....Cant YOU ALL JUST GET ALONG GOD BLESS T.B. May He Rest in Peace.......

are you insane dude? a note for what ?wipe your lard ass with it, what doctor excuses a hangover or a party on cross st??? even the lame ass excuses of a bad back? seems squad five suffers from that condition. :lol: no we are doomed because of people like that dude. even the dispatchers are catching on,they've adopted our stomach virus and allergies well. who controls them? sick abuse is everywhere in this dept. someone needs to take a stand. i'm all for the strict measures have all the shit people do around here. i'm pba by the way!

He had a rite to party and do anything else He Damn well Pleased.Who the hell Do You think You Are ...Well I Hope You can live with Yourself Now You IDIOT...I didnt know T.B. personally only from when I needed Police assitance and He was the one to come to My Aid...He was always polite and helpful and there when You needed Him...I think You are just jealouse of Him because You dont have as many Friends he did and could enjoy a good Party with.............LOSER

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lack of leadership in the HPD. Sick leave abuse is rampant and the Officers know that JT doesn't have the balls to do anything about it. Its costing the taxpayers a lot of money in overtime payments to replace these abusers. If JT won't do his job, he should be asked to retire and replace him with someone who will.

Police Officers cannot do "whatever they want" and that is obvious. That is why they are called or visited at home when they call in sick and are subjected to drug testing. They are responsible for their actions ON AND OFF DUTY. So what are you specifically referring to?

Guest Harrison Resident
DR cries to PH ,PH then rums to JT we know about you DR

Grow up. It seems to me that this is nothing more than jealousy over the fact that DR has accumulated over 100 sick days. This just goes to show that he does not abuse sick time as so many others do. DR ignore these people as they could never come close to being the person you are.

DR cries to PH ,PH then rums to JT  we know about you DR

Grow up. It seems to me that this is nothing more than jealousy over the fact that DR has accumulated over 100 sick days. This just goes to show that he does not abuse sick time as so many others do. DR ignore these people as they could never come close to being the person you are.

who would want to be like him, his grammar and reports are horrible and he is also a rat bastard.......

I wonder if he makes speeches at his FOP meetings( are they still active now that Danny's gone) because they probably sound like his shitty reports!!!!!!!!

DR cries to PH ,PH then rums to JT   we know about you DR

who would want to be like him, his grammar and reports are horrible and he is also a rat bastard.......

I wonder if he makes speeches at his FOP meetings( are they still active now that Danny's gone) because they probably sound like his shitty reports!!!!!!!!

D.R. HAS MORE BALLS THEN THE ENTIRE PBA PUT TOGETHER.LET CRUSHER BE IN CHARGE OF THE SICKTIME.HE'LL STRAIGHTEN THE ABUSE

Archived