Parking Permit Applications

Guest Town Clerk

Guest Town Clerk

TOWN OF KEARNY

OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMIT APPLICATIONS

The Town of Kearny is accepting applications for overnight parking permits at the following locations:

·Parking lot at 285 Kearny Avenue (across the street from Mandee’s store)

·Parking lot on Maple Street behind Provident Bank (just north of Bergen Ave.)

Applications will be available beginning July 6, 2004 in the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, 402 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, between the hours of 9am-4pm. All applications must be returned by 4 pm, July 30, 2004, to the Town Clerk. Applicant must be the registered owner of the vehicle. Commercial vehicles are not eligible for overnight vehicle parking permits.

Guest Guest

Fantastic, it's about freakin' time this town gets serious about the parking disaster and over-crowding. I'll be the first in line for the application. I look forward to the day when this town really gets serious and implements overnight parking by resident permit only... heaven.

Guest Guest 99
Fantastic, it's about freakin' time this town gets serious about the parking disaster and over-crowding. I'll be the first in line for the application. I look forward to the day when this town really gets serious and implements overnight parking by resident permit only... heaven.

Residency overnight parking will not solve the problem. The problem is the residents have too many cars and too few people make use of their driveways.

Guest Guest
Fantastic, it's about freakin' time this town gets serious about the parking disaster and over-crowding.  I'll be the first in line for the application.  I look forward to the day when this town really gets serious and implements overnight parking by resident permit only... heaven.

Residency overnight parking will not solve the problem. The problem is the residents have too many cars and too few people make use of their driveways.

You wanna bet, do you know how many vehicle owning people are illegally residing in this town. Each illegal apartment may contribute 1-5 extra vehicles, and there are hundreds of illegal apartments or illegally used legal apartments around town. Furthermore, there are many perfectly legal residents that frequently drive vehicles that aren't registered to them. For example, the thirty something year old whose parents live in Florida and is currently 'borrowing' the parents car long term to avoid NJ insurance rates etc. An overnight resident parking permit would mean that only people who legally reside in the town and have a vehicle registered to them could park overnight. In my opinion, this would eliminate hundreds or possibly a few thousand vehicles from our streets each night.

Archived