Board Of Education

Guest Parent

Guest Guest
So how many school board members are corrupt and trying to cover it up?

What did Mayor Santos know?

Why would you think the BOE is corrupt? :D:D:lol:

Guest Guest

diaz met with santos before the vote. the meeting got heated and afterwards santos called mooney. mooney ordered diaz to undergo a psych eval and switched his recommendation for diaz to get tenure. all triggerred by one phone call from the real person in charge - King Alberto I. santos is the person responsible for all of this. he has no more use for diaz.

Guest Guest

Why would you think the BOE is corrupt? ;):lol::lol:

How about ethically challenged

Guest washington school parent

Why would you think the BOE is corrupt? ;):lol::lol:

well lets see about the coruption thing, our new principal is mary costello who is related somehow to mcgreevy's wife gee no coruption there, then you got the vice principal who is zimmerman which i hear is a relation to doyle you know the lawyers office of doyle and brady gee probably no coruption there either. as far as the boe goes is there coruption there uh nah, why would there be. i think that there are alot of ppl one the boe who like boyfriends named bubba and girlfriends named bertha and we know one of them is going to meet their fate in the courts, i just have a tough time wondering how Mr. mooney will get around all of this when the parents ask him to clarify himself again about why he fired diaz. my mind is still trying to figure out if maybe mooney needs a phycalogical exam after his explanition since it was mooney who was quoted in the journal that bert needed to take some time off and sort things out and then a week before graduation he was suspended with pay pending the exam and then mooney tells us parents that bert is stressed? I really got to wonder who is stressed out here. Unless mooney did his macarana because the boe told him to. And the Dyl comes in of course by invite by torres and does the you parents don't need to play this in the media. Give me a break that is the best place to play this joke in. Is the boe worried of looking foolish in front of the state of nj? Why should kearny have all the entertainment i think we should share the joy with the rest of the state. Then the real joke is stevenson pointing the finger at himself as the extortonist. Nobody fingered him to begin with all that was going around was rumors. But i guess when your possibly guilty of something you need to defend yourself, but then that is a different show later down the road. Then you have the lone ranger Mr. Campbell. He stands up for what's right and votes his mind with the information that is available to him. I think he should be the next mayor and let him clean up this town. Hats off to john campbell for not being taken in by the rest of the wild animals. It's really to bad that they couldn't find a abbott for vice principal then i guess washington school would be complete. This is nothing but one big joke and something tells me that bert is the punch line. But never fear cause wonder dog will be here. Let's all stay tuned to as kearny turns :D

Guest Guest

If Mary Costello is principal of Washington and Zimmerman is the VP, does that mean that Addie Boyes got Davis's Curriculum job? Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Diaz will now become the VP of Franklin at his Principal's salary? And, does anyone know who got the VP job at KHS? School is out for the summer so its hard to get the true info on the schools. Can anyone shed light on any of the above? Thanks. Have a nice summer.

Guest True Info
If Mary Costello is principal of Washington and Zimmerman is the VP, does that mean that Addie Boyes got Davis's Curriculum job?  Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Diaz will now become the VP of Franklin at his Principal's salary?  And, does anyone know who got the VP job at KHS?  School is out for the summer so its hard to get the true info on the schools.  Can anyone shed light on any of the above?  Thanks.  Have a nice summer.

The Board of Education held their end of the year meeting on June 28th.

The following administrative appointments (effective July 1, 2004) were made:

Washington School Principal - Mary Costello

HS Vice Principal of Attendance/Discipline - Patrick Ragnoni

Director of Curriculum/Testing K-8 - Bonnie Levy

Only time will answer your remaining questions.

Guest The wizzard
If Mary Costello is principal of Washington and Zimmerman is the VP, does that mean that Addie Boyes got Davis's Curriculum job?  Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Diaz will now become the VP of Franklin at his Principal's salary?  And, does anyone know who got the VP job at KHS?  School is out for the summer so its hard to get the true info on the schools.  Can anyone shed light on any of the above?  Thanks.  Have a nice summer.

Rags got the VP position at KHS, I think JZ will be VP @ Franklin. As far as Diaz is concerned he's done! He's lucky if he gets a position in the field crew. Well that's it, got anymore questions just ask. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
If Mary Costello is principal of Washington and Zimmerman is the VP, does that mean that Addie Boyes got Davis's Curriculum job? Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Diaz will now become the VP of Franklin at his Principal's salary? And, does anyone know who got the VP job at KHS? School is out for the summer so its hard to get the true info on the schools. Can anyone shed light on any of the above? Thanks. Have a nice summer.

Pat Ragnoni got the VP job at KHS, replacing Isabel.

Only a Principal was appointed at Washington, so as of now Addie is still VP. Rumor I heard is that Bonnie Levy may get Davis' job, which would mean Addie stays at Washington and a VP job is open at Franklin.

uh no......in a surprising turn of events dr. boyd is going to remain vp of washington school and mary costello is now the principal....so far mr. mooney has no place to put mr. diaz so he will sit at home earning he principal's salary for doing nothing. as far as getting to the truth about anything in the boe good luck! the boe has changed their minds so many times i don't think they know their names anymore. the boe got rid of diaz's wife and hillary and they say it isn't because of association but because they were on emergency certification but the 2 ppl in line for their job is also on emergency certification. What's up with that? I think it's time to get rid of the current boe and get a new board in. The only honest boe member seems to be john campbell. He refused to take the diaz vote off the table at the 21st meeting and we are still trying to figure out why mooney changed his recommendation with diaz. i wonder if we took the boe and the parents sat down and evalutated them what would the outcome be? I think they would all be going for phyc exams and some would be in rubber rooms. And what's up with mooney's voice. He sounds like he got some crud in the throat but then i guess that is to be expected when you are kissing azz. We need to keep up the pressure with the boe and elect new members. as far as john campbell goes i think he would be perfect as mayor. He would lower our taxes and get some of the coruption out of our town. I'm still trying to figure out also why stevenson pointed himself out as the extortionist. Is he just stupid or does he do drugs? All there was about the extortionist was alot of rumor and nobody knew for sure who it was and we really must thank him for telling us. Now the question is can he clear his name? We can make money off of this boe by writing a book. Is there coruption in this town? Nah..........everybody from the mayor down to the boe is squeeky clean and honest. Our tax $ our being well spent. stay tuned for the next episode of as kearny turns. :rolleyes:

i can tell you how many boe members aren't corupt. the answer is 1. the newly elected john campbell. and what makes you think there is a cover up? that would be illegal wouldn't it. I am sure that mayor santos knows everything going on since the boe president is his secretary. I'm sure there is plenty of pillow talk at night :rolleyes:

Guest Guest 99
i can tell you how many boe members aren't corupt.  the answer is 1.  the newly elected john campbell.  and what makes you think there is a cover up?  that would be illegal wouldn't it.  I am sure that mayor santos knows everything going on since the boe president is his secretary.  I'm sure there is plenty of pillow talk at night  :P

Now I fully understand why Washington School kids are perceived to be stupid. It's because with statements like yours it's obvious the parents are idiots. Campbell votes one time the way you want him to and now he should be mayor and will lower taxes. HAH!!

Santos should know everything going on because the BOE president is his secretary? And, your kids should be stupid because you are definetly an idiot.

Once this all dies down you and the rest of the coattailers will disappear into the woodwork and we'll never here from you again. Or are you going to come to a town council meeting and accuse the mayor to his face?? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

uh no......in a surprising turn of events dr. boyd is going to remain vp of washington school and mary costello is now the principal....so far mr. mooney has no place to put mr. diaz so he will sit at home earning he principal's salary for doing nothing. as far as getting to the truth about anything in the boe good luck! the boe has changed their minds so many times i don't think they know their names anymore. the boe got rid of diaz's wife and hillary and they say it isn't because of association but because they were on emergency certification but the 2 ppl in line for their job is also on emergency certification. What's up with that? I think it's time to get rid of the current boe and get a new board in. The only honest boe member seems to be john campbell. He refused to take the diaz vote off the table at the 21st meeting and we are still trying to figure out why mooney changed his recommendation with diaz. i wonder if we took the boe and the parents sat down and evalutated them what would the outcome be? I think they would all be going for phyc exams and some would be in rubber rooms. And what's up with mooney's voice. He sounds like he got some crud in the throat but then i guess that is to be expected when you are kissing azz. We need to keep up the pressure with the boe and elect new members. as far as john campbell goes i think he would be perfect as mayor. He would lower our taxes and get some of the coruption out of our town. I'm still trying to figure out also why stevenson pointed himself out as the extortionist. Is he just stupid or does he do drugs? All there was about the extortionist was alot of rumor and nobody knew for sure who it was and we really must thank him for telling us. Now the question is can he clear his name? We can make money off of this boe by writing a book. Is there coruption in this town? Nah..........everybody from the mayor down to the boe is squeeky clean and honest. Our tax $ our being well spent. stay tuned for the next episode of as kearny turns. :rolleyes:

Man, that is one long run-on paragraph!

A couple of things:

1) the replacements for the psychologists are not on emergency certificates, they were appointed pending proof of certification. Big difference. They have full qualifications and just are awaiting state approval of their credentials. The other two were hired while they were still in the process of attaining their certifications. The state has eliminated the "Emergent Hire" process, effective this past January.

2) Stevenson made the motion because his name came up in the BOE's investigation of the allegations. While it was not previously made public by the BOE he knew that the allegations were being levied at him. So he should be commended in that respect, having the guts to put his name on the topic in public. Doesn't sound like someone with something to hide to me.

3) If you think John Campbell is doing all of this because he fully supports Diaz, I have a bridge to sell you. John Campbell is doing this only to make himself look good to the public and to say he is not one of "them". Pay attention to how quickly he disclaims any responsibility.

Question for you:

Why would the parents/backers of Diaz have a child (a 7 or 8 year-old) sit in the board meeting holding a sign that read "Why save your extorionist[sic]?" Seems to me that using a child in that way is not in the best interests of that child. I would have no problem if the child was holding a pro-Diaz poster, but this was just wrong.

Guest Guest

uh no......in a surprising turn of events dr. boyd is going to remain vp of washington school and mary costello is now the principal....so far mr. mooney has no place to put mr. diaz so he will sit at home earning he principal's salary for doing nothing. as far as getting to the truth about anything in the boe good luck! the boe has changed their minds so many times i don't think they know their names anymore. the boe got rid of diaz's wife and hillary and they say it isn't because of association but because they were on emergency certification but the 2 ppl in line for their job is also on emergency certification. What's up with that? I think it's time to get rid of the current boe and get a new board in. The only honest boe member seems to be john campbell. He refused to take the diaz vote off the table at the 21st meeting and we are still trying to figure out why mooney changed his recommendation with diaz. i wonder if we took the boe and the parents sat down and evalutated them what would the outcome be? I think they would all be going for phyc exams and some would be in rubber rooms. And what's up with mooney's voice. He sounds like he got some crud in the throat but then i guess that is to be expected when you are kissing azz. We need to keep up the pressure with the boe and elect new members. as far as john campbell goes i think he would be perfect as mayor. He would lower our taxes and get some of the coruption out of our town. I'm still trying to figure out also why stevenson pointed himself out as the extortionist. Is he just stupid or does he do drugs? All there was about the extortionist was alot of rumor and nobody knew for sure who it was and we really must thank him for telling us. Now the question is can he clear his name? We can make money off of this boe by writing a book. Is there coruption in this town? Nah..........everybody from the mayor down to the boe is squeeky clean and honest. Our tax $ our being well spent. stay tuned for the next episode of as kearny turns. :unsure:

Man, that is one long run-on paragraph!

A couple of things:

1) the replacements for the psychologists are not on emergency certificates, they were appointed pending proof of certification. Big difference. They have full qualifications and just are awaiting state approval of their credentials. The other two were hired while they were still in the process of attaining their certifications. The state has eliminated the "Emergent Hire" process, effective this past January.

2) Stevenson made the motion because his name came up in the BOE's investigation of the allegations. While it was not previously made public by the BOE he knew that the allegations were being levied at him. So he should be commended in that respect, having the guts to put his name on the topic in public. Doesn't sound like someone with something to hide to me.

3) If you think John Campbell is doing all of this because he fully supports Diaz, I have a bridge to sell you. John Campbell is doing this only to make himself look good to the public and to say he is not one of "them". Pay attention to how quickly he disclaims any responsibility.

Question for you:

Why would the parents/backers of Diaz have a child (a 7 or 8 year-old) sit in the board meeting holding a sign that read "Why save your extorionist[sic]?" Seems to me that using a child in that way is not in the best interests of that child. I would have no problem if the child was holding a pro-Diaz poster, but this was just wrong.

1) The psychologists were terminated because of their association with Mr. Diaz, along with other non tenured teachers who will not be re-hired.

2) What really took guts was for Stevenson to get his wife a secretarial job in the district.

3) John Campbell represented the people that elected him, which is what an elected BOE member is supposed to do. How he acts in the future only time will tell.

Guest Guest
i can tell you how many boe members aren't corupt.  the answer is 1.  the newly elected john campbell.  and what makes you think there is a cover up?  that would be illegal wouldn't it.   I am sure that mayor santos knows everything going on since the boe president is his secretary.   I'm sure there is plenty of pillow talk at night  :ph34r:

Now I fully understand why Washington School kids are perceived to be stupid. It's because with statements like yours it's obvious the parents are idiots. Campbell votes one time the way you want him to and now he should be mayor and will lower taxes. HAH!!

Santos should know everything going on because the BOE president is his secretary? And, your kids should be stupid because you are definetly an idiot.

Once this all dies down you and the rest of the coattailers will disappear into the woodwork and we'll never here from you again. Or are you going to come to a town council meeting and accuse the mayor to his face?? :unsure:

Santos should know everything because he is the friggin' Mayor!!!

Guest Guest

"Seems to me that using a child in that way is not in the best interests of that child"

What about what the BOE has been doing?

Guest guywise

Please stop! This has all been put to bed. The deal has been made and Diaz will be vice at Franklin. The investigation will never be. So enjoy the rest of the summer and forget it. If you don't think it is reread the posts defending the board and how sick it is to use children. The spin has started and damage control has begun. It's over. See you in Sept. :unsure:

Guest Guest

i can tell you how many boe members aren't corupt. the answer is 1. the newly elected john campbell. and what makes you think there is a cover up? that would be illegal wouldn't it. I am sure that mayor santos knows everything going on since the boe president is his secretary. I'm sure there is plenty of pillow talk at night :unsure:

You must really be out of the loop if you connect pillow talk with Mayor Santos and his secretary or any other woman. LOL Gee I guess the spin has kept some folks really in the dark closet.

Guest Guest
Santos should know everything because he is the friggin' Mayor!!!

The BOE, at the choosing of the voters, is a seperate entity from the town council and has no obligation to share information with the mayor or council members. If a board member opts to do this, however, it is a private discussion among private citizens and no legal obligation exists to notify outside authorities of a wrongdoing. This is also why Diaz was advised to go to the KPD or the county prosecutor on his own rather through the mayors office.

If you want the mayor to be bound to notification, then let's do what many past Kearny mayors have asked for and give the mayor appointee privileges. Then, and only then, would he be responsible to the public for the actions of the BOE. You may not like this, but that's the way it is.

It's over. The grandstanding is done. Diaz will be placed somewhere else and life will go on.

Archived