New High School

Guest Guest

• 4 weeks later...
Guest capt. nemo

when i drove past for work, at 5 am the morning it rainned .

there was over 3 feet of water outside the school doors

i wonder how much was inside ? anyone???

Guest Guest
when i drove past for work, at 5 am the morning it rainned .

there was over 3 feet of water outside the school doors

i wonder how much was inside ?    anyone???

If there was three feet of water at the doors, how could you have driven by? Was this water somehow contained just to the doorway area because water spreads to the lowest point before build up. Next rainstorm I will go to the school to see this phenomena.

Guest Guest
the sidewalk is higher than the doors,

water, does flow to the lowest point, 

this is the phenomena a- hole.

gravity!!!

you too must be h.h. s. graduate.

Don't Worry FEMA will pay for it. (YEAH right hudson county did not make the list of counties qualifying for aid). I guess the taxpayers will be paying for the shoddy work of the NEW HIGH SCHOOL. WHo designed the building should pay for the damage and repairs. But we all know who will be paying. WHen is the next tax mail out? I guess we will find out.

Guest Guest

it was nice weather at the shore. didnt have those problems. plus we took off since everything was a mess up north. didnt want to sit in that traffic nightmare mess

Guest Guest
NOT OUR PROBLEM THE STATE NEEDS TO CLEAN BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND BEFORE JULY

They have to resolve the flooding problem before they repair the floors, or it will happen again. July may be to optimistic.

Guest Guest
But what about if it happens again after September.  You can bet it will be our problem then

The corner of Hamilton st and Kingsland ave flood pretty bad when it rains. WHy could the contractor have fixed the problem there? THat would only make sense right!!!!! The town will wait till it happens again and someone's friend will get the job to rip the new street up and sidewalks. Political AS&holes

Guest nemo

anyone have any knowledge of the street collapse by the new high school,

on kingsland ave.

what a coincidence ?????

rain rain go away !!!

Guest Guest
anyone have any  knowledge of the street collapse by the new high school,

on kingsland ave.

what a coincidence ?????

rain rain go away !!!

Yes, the sewer line on Kingsland that runs to Harrison has collapsed and is being blamed for the flood at the new school. Parts of this line were replaced several years ago when the street caved in.

Some think this will correct the flooding at the new school. Others who just stand on the corner of Kingsland and Hamilton and look at the new school, which appears below grade and relies on a small drain to carry away torrential rain waters have other thoughts on what's causing the flooding.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
If there was three feet of water at the doors, how could you have driven by? Was this water somehow contained just to the doorway area because water spreads to the lowest point before build up. Next rainstorm I will go to the school to see this phenomena.

:o:o:o:o NOT AGAIN :lol::P:blink::blink:

Guest Guest
Yes, the sewer line on Kingsland that runs to Harrison has collapsed and is being blamed for the flood at the new school.  Parts of this line were replaced several years ago when the street caved in.

Some think this will correct the flooding at the new school.  Others who just stand on the corner of Kingsland and Hamilton and look at the new school, which appears below grade and relies on a small drain to carry away torrential rain waters have other thoughts on what's causing the flooding.

I would like to know who was the architect that designed the New HIGH SCHOOL. because once again for the 3rd or 4th time the NEW school got flooded last nite. Would like to know who is going to absorb this bill. YUP the TaXPAYERS. I just received my new tax bill today and I do not think that was included yet!!!! have to wait and see!!!!