Students March For Principal

Guest Student

Guest Guest

Also, let's not pretend that what was done to those three people was for the benefit of the children and the district.

Sorry, the above should have been; Also, let's not pretend that what was done to those three people was not for the benefit of the children and the district.

Guest Guest

Sorry again, I stand by my original post which was;

Also, let's not pretend that what was done to those three people was for the benefit of the children and the district.

I'm getting more confused than Mrs. Torres at a BOE vote. ;)

Guest Guest

supt says keep him. mayor says lose him. who does the boe listen to? how much of the school budget was cut by the council this year? that's right. next to nothing. dictator santos called this shot because hes intimidated by diaz. how many boe members work for the town? pres torres is his aide. martello works for the building dept. dyl is a fireman. stevenson is on the planning board. saglia is on the library board. get the picture. santos must be stopped. wake up people. ;)

Guest Guest

Did someone say to read the Observer? Don't bet on getting the facts from there. This week they have Marques working at Washington School. She doesn't; she is at Franklin.

When the Observer got the facts mixed up last time, they did not correct them. Mooney tried to set the record straight but his reply was buried in the Letters to the Editor. So now we have another sensational front page story about Diaz and some info is not correct. But let's see if we get a correction on next week's front page.

This is all ridiculous. The BOE acted too harshly and obviously with malice to fire these three people. What person is going to believe there is not something fishy about firing all three? The corrupt person (if there is one) is not the only guilty party. The rest of the BOE members are just as involved to allow this to happen when it is obvious that all three couldn't be doing badly from what was said publicly about the evaluations. The BOE members made a poor decision and they should be thinking of how to correct it before they all have to get involved in a lawsuit. For what? For being persuaded by a guy who has this revenge thing for Diaz. Its something personal so they should really stop wasting their time and go back and fix this mess. They should just get it together and consider what the parents and Mooney had to say and bring the three of them back. Its a no brainer that they made a mistake, and I am no fan of Diaz personally, but I do know he was doing a good job at the school.

Guest randi
First of all, Mr. Diaz was not fired.  Second, he did not meet with the Mayor "the night before he was fired".  I believe it was several days before.  Third, Mr. Diaz went to see the Mayor uninvited.  If you're going to draw conclusions, at least use accurate facts to get there.

Maybe you should read this weeks observer

Since you brought up the subject, the Observer did address an interesting question. Why hasn't Mr. Diaz brought his allegations, and that's all they are right now, to the proper authorities? And why didn't he do it a long time ago, since he's been Principal for more than two years? From what I understand about Mr. Diaz, it's highly unlikely that he's managed to keep quiet for so long.

Guest Guest
First of all, Mr. Diaz was not fired.  Second, he did not meet with the Mayor "the night before he was fired".  I believe it was several days before.  Third, Mr. Diaz went to see the Mayor uninvited.  If you're going to draw conclusions, at least use accurate facts to get there.

Since you brought up the subject, the Observer did address an interesting question. Why hasn't Mr. Diaz brought his allegations, and that's all they are right now, to the proper authorities? And why didn't he do it a long time ago, since he's been Principal for more than two years? From what I understand about Mr. Diaz, it's highly unlikely that he's managed to keep quiet for so long.

More importantly, did Mayor Santos and his Deputy Mayor Mary Torres, when advised of this extortion attempt advise the authorities or did Mary convince the Mayor not to say anything because she was in on it. She is driving a new Benz. What will be interesting will be how the parents will vote on Tuesday, June 8th. Will they vote for Morejon and against Torres. Jose Torres is the son of Mary Torres. Morejon seems to be competent and working hard to get elected. He was at my door and I think he is sincere. His educational background and his work experience will serve him well if elected. Councilman Torres has not been to my door, but for his picture in the Observer I would not know what he looked like.

Guest Guest

Mr. Morejon was at my door also, and having had a chance to speak with him, I will be voting in his favor. I gladly hung his sign on my porch, as did many of my neighbors. I think some fresh blood in this district is needed.

Guest Guest

Bert Diaz did not keep his mouth shut. Read on. We all have a whole lot to think about. Lets stop and analyze what is going on here. Don't the people of Kearny know that this pressure on school officials goes on ? Even Norberto Diaz can keep his mouth shut sometimes since he wanted to keep his job and his wife's job. The board member who turned against Diaz was a supporter of Diaz until Diaz didn't do a few things that this board member wanted, only ONE of which was to "pay the band." Maybe this board member wanted a few people in certain jobs and maybe Diaz did not want these people, he wanted to pick the faculty he wanted for his school. I think Diaz just didn't get it . He didn't catch on fast enough. Maybe the board member wanted certain people because if his people got in, maybe they would have a pleasant reward for that board member, a thank you reward for getting them the job, and NOT like a bottle of wine or gift certificate to Bensi's. PS Diaz didn't keep his mouth shut all the way. People are saying that he DID alert several "important people" who also should have looked into the situation about the pressure from certain BOE member(s) but they did not act on the information Diaz told them. They are probably going to look worse than Diaz if this issue goes to court because they didn't do anything. True, Diaz didn't do anything such as file a suit but that was because he was trying to keep the job. Once he and the wife and the mentor got fired, Diaz HAD NO REASON TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT ANYMORE, so he hired a lawyer. From what I understand you don't run out and file a suit right away, and there are civil charges and there are criminal charges, etc. I think Diaz just wants his job back, and is doing just what the lawyer is telling him to do. We might say "file charges", but I think the lawyers go about it in a different way. Remember, Diaz has never said anything about putting people in jail, etc. He just wants his and his wife's jobs back and the nasty stuff that's being said to be cleared up.

Guest Leverage

Bert Diaz did not keep his mouth shut. Read on. We all have a whole lot to think about. Lets stop and analyze what is going on here. Don't the people of Kearny know that this pressure on school officials goes on ? Even Norberto Diaz can keep his mouth shut sometimes since he wanted to keep his job and his wife's job. The board member who turned against Diaz was a supporter of Diaz until Diaz didn't do a few things that this board member wanted, only ONE of which was to "pay the band." Maybe this board member wanted a few people in certain jobs and maybe Diaz did not want these people, he wanted to pick the faculty he wanted for his school. I think Diaz just didn't get it . He didn't catch on fast enough. Maybe the board member wanted certain people because if his people got in, maybe they would have a pleasant reward for that board member, a thank you reward for getting them the job, and NOT like a bottle of wine or gift certificate to Bensi's. PS Diaz didn't keep his mouth shut all the way. People are saying that he DID alert several "important people" who also should have looked into the situation about the pressure from certain BOE member(s) but they did not act on the information Diaz told them. They are probably going to look worse than Diaz if this issue goes to court because they didn't do anything. True, Diaz didn't do anything such as file a suit but that was because he was trying to keep the job. Once he and the wife and the mentor got fired, Diaz HAD NO REASON TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT ANYMORE, so he hired a lawyer. From what I understand you don't run out and file a suit right away, and there are civil charges and there are criminal charges, etc. I think Diaz just wants his job back, and is doing just what the lawyer is telling him to do. We might say "file charges", but I think the lawyers go about it in a different way. Remember, Diaz has never said anything about putting people in jail, etc. He just wants his and his wife's jobs back and the nasty stuff that's being said to be cleared up.

If these charges of pay offs are not looked into what happens? people keep paying off. This is nuts! to churn up the mud only to let it settle again and return to business as usual is a crime in it self. Where is the FBI? Maybe some phone calls should be made. Where is the outrage! Mr. Diaz opened this can of worms and to say if he gets his job back he'll stand down and let everything blow over? That will make him just as bad as the people he is accusing. I for one will not let this pass. It has been started now finish it. :(

Guest watcher

I agree with you! Diaz has accused Elelcted board members of extortion, why is the prosecutors office not taking action??? If a person goes on TV and the paper and makes these claims who's responsible for making an investigation? Are the people of Kearny just going to sit back and not question who is telling the truth! If these allegations are allowed to be made without any investigation then all of us should be ashamed of ourselves for not demanding an investigation.

Guest guest13
6/21

Just what does 6/21 mean? Is that when the BOE meeting is? Or is this when names will be named? Please don't leave us hanging. I personally think this is a lot bull and there is no one to be named, but I'll waite for 6/21.

Guest Checking

(QUESTION?) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THIS SITE? ALSO, THIS DIAZ THING MUST NOT PASS UNCHECKED. WE MUST NOT ALLOW EXTORTIONISTS TO REMAIN IN POSITIONS OF AUTHORITY. ( IF IN FACT THE ACCUSATIONS ARE TRUE.) THE TIME HAS COME FOR ALL RESIDENTS TO START ASKING QUESTIONS AND DEMANDING ANSWERS FROM ALL THERE ELECTED OFFICIALS. WITH THAT SAID, IF THIS ISSUE TURNS OUT TO BE A HE SAID SHE SAID, WITH OUT FACTUAL EVIDENCE. THEN MR. DIAZ SHOULD BE FIRED. THAT SIMPLE. KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS WE DESERVE ANSWERS.

6/21

Just what does 6/21 mean? Is that when the BOE meeting is? Or is this when names will be named? Please don't leave us hanging. I personally think this is a lot bull and there is no one to be named, but I'll waite for 6/21.

6/21 is when the next board of ed meeting takes place at 7:30 100 davis ave. there are names to be named and maybe it will happen that night. please come and show you support if not for mr. diaz but for the fact that there is a board member extorting money from him. Mr. Diaz when he was interviewed for news 12nj his lawyer prepared a statement for him to read if you noticed he was reading when he told the ppl about being extorted. The names will come out eventually. If your familiar with the boe all you need to do is eliminate the woman because diaz said it was "he" eliminate the new boe members just voted in and figure it out for yourself. It's not hard to go from point a to point b. If your not familiar with the boe go to kearnyschools.com under the boe and there are pics there for ya. in case ya didn't know the boe has suspened diaz with pay just so mr. diaz wouldn't be able to give the kids their diplomas. How low can the boe go. but again that will come out soon enough also. If not to show your support just come for you own curiosity. It should be a interesting night.

Guest Guest
6/21

6/21 is when the next board of ed meeting takes place at 7:30 100 davis ave. there are names to be named and maybe it will happen that night. please come and show you support if not for mr. diaz but for the fact that there is a board member extorting money from him. Mr. Diaz when he was interviewed for news 12nj his lawyer prepared a statement for him to read if you noticed he was reading when he told the ppl about being extorted. The names will come out eventually. If your familiar with the boe all you need to do is eliminate the woman because diaz said it was "he" eliminate the new boe members just voted in and figure it out for yourself. It's not hard to go from point a to point b. If your not familiar with the boe go to kearnyschools.com under the boe and there are pics there for ya. in case ya didn't know the boe has suspened diaz with pay just so mr. diaz wouldn't be able to give the kids their diplomas. How low can the boe go. but again that will come out soon enough also. If not to show your support just come for you own curiosity. It should be a interesting night.

If your familiar with the boe all you need to do is eliminate the woman because diaz said it was "he"

that eliminates torres, mcdonald, mckeown

eliminate the new boe members just voted in

that eliminates campbell

and figure it out for yourself.

that leaves martello, stevenson, doffant, sgalia, corrente. it wouldn't be doffant or correnti, they voted for diaz. it can't be martello. he has more money than he knows what to do with. same with sgalia. has a nice job, wife works. just not the type to be strongarming people for money.

It's not hard to go from point a to point b.

you're right, its not. bingo! ;)

Guest Guest

Just hang on -- you will find out what Mr. Diaz did to report the Kearny situation locally and beyond (and I don't mean telling Santos) when the lawyer allows it. That is how the system works.

Citizens of Kearny, why do you think the board members are closing ranks against Diaz? He wants it to be opened. They are the ones who can't tell the people anything. You know why? They are in a catch 22 situation and looking pretty bad right now to the people who are privy to what led to the firings. Even the ones that were not in on the get rid of Diaz campaign have been sucked into it -- there are a few people who sit on the board who have put the other board members in a very bad position. But they are not telling the whole story to the other board members.

Diaz has always said he does not want the board members in question to go to jail. He never paid any money (if you know Diaz, he is a little cheapskate when it comes to money so I am NOT surprised he wouldn't pay.) Even on "campaign contributions," he wanted to pay by check so he could get credit but his money was refused. (The candidate only wanted cash - I wonder why.)

The BOE had brought to their attention the defamation of character issues about Diaz - libel - ask them why they are not making the libelous Board member resign or at least take back his liberlous remarks in public?

I think the decent BOE members do not know all the information that the Board pres, vp, attorney, and mooney know -- they are being used. If they had the information that the board attorney, mooney, and the board officers know, they would rehire diaz make a certain boe member step down.

Don't be too hard on Diaz. He is not a vindictive person and he just wants to be principal and get the boe cleaned up. Thats basically the situation. The Board should also give the job back to the wife and the other psychologist. They were just thrown in to get back at Bert.

It is pathetic how a handful of BOE members have used your taxpayer money, parents, law enforcement, other board members, etc. The bad guy or guys should just step down and put an end to this.

Guest Guest
Just hang on -- you will find out what Mr. Diaz did to report the Kearny situation locally and beyond (and I don't mean telling Santos) when the lawyer allows it. That is how the system works.

Citizens of Kearny, why do you think the board members are closing ranks against Diaz? He wants it to be opened. They are the ones who can't tell the people anything. You know why? They are in a catch 22 situation and looking pretty bad right now to the people who are privy to what led to the firings. Even the ones that were not in on the get rid of Diaz campaign have been sucked into it -- there are a few people who sit on the board who have put the other board members in a very bad position. But they are not telling the whole story to the other board members.

Diaz has always said he does not want the board members in question to go to jail. He never paid any money (if you know Diaz, he is a little cheapskate when it comes to money so I am NOT surprised he wouldn't pay.) Even on "campaign contributions," he wanted to pay by check so he could get credit but his money was refused. (The candidate only wanted cash - I wonder why.)

The BOE had brought to their attention the defamation of character issues about Diaz - libel - ask them why they are not making the libelous Board member resign or at least take back his liberlous remarks in public?

I think the decent BOE members do not know all the information that the Board pres, vp, attorney, and mooney know -- they are being used. If they had the information that the board attorney, mooney, and the board officers know, they would rehire diaz make a certain boe member step down.

Don't be too hard on Diaz. He is not a vindictive person and he just wants to be principal and get the boe cleaned up. Thats basically the situation. The Board should also give the job back to the wife and the other psychologist. They were just thrown in to get back at Bert.

It is pathetic how a handful of BOE members have used your taxpayer money, parents, law enforcement, other board members, etc. The bad guy or guys should just step down and put an end to this.

;)

Guest sum of it all

Citizens of Kearny, why do you think the board members are closing ranks against Diaz?  He wants it to be opened.  They are the ones who can't tell the people anything.  You know why?  They are in a catch 22 situation and looking pretty bad right now to the people who are privy to what led to the firings.  Even the ones that were not in on  the get rid of Diaz campaign have been sucked into it --  there are a few people who sit on the board who have put the other board members in a very bad position.  But they are not telling the whole story to the other board members.

Diaz has always said he does not want the board members in question to go to jail.  He never paid any money (if you know Diaz, he is a little cheapskate when it comes to money so I am NOT surprised he wouldn't pay.)  Even on "campaign contributions," he wanted to pay by check so he could get credit but his money was refused.  (The candidate only wanted cash - I wonder why.)

I think the decent BOE members do not know all the information that the Board pres, vp, attorney, and mooney know -- they are being used.  If they had the information that the board attorney, mooney, and the board officers know, they would rehire diaz  make a certain boe member step down.

Don't be too hard on Diaz.  He is not a vindictive person and he just wants to be principal and get the boe cleaned up.  Thats basically the situation.  The Board should also give the job back to the wife and the other psychologist. They were just thrown in to get back at Bert. 

It is pathetic how a handful of BOE members have used your taxpayer money, parents, law enforcement, other board members, etc.  The bad guy or guys should just step down and put an end to this.

;)

Don't worry Diaz has proof and it will be comeing out soon. As far as the other board members changeing there vote, I think one of them was reminded that someone in their family works for the system. Thus the vote was changed. These people play hard ball and all should keep this in mind. So Norberto it is your turn to pitch and remember if the shoe was on the other foot they would put you away and laugh about it. Remember there is a lot of federal money given to Kearny schools and that alone will intice the feds to take a look see. Think about it!!!!

Archived