Parking

Guest 2nd Ward Resident

Guest 2nd Ward Resident

The Observer article stated "Councilwoman Laura Pettigrew said she’s been leaving reminder notes on the windshields of vans and trucks — many of them so large that they take up two parking spaces — that overnight parking on residential streets is illegal."

Where does the councilwoman propose I park my van, I pay taxes like she does. Should I quit my job and get a job working for the town like her entire family. Give me a break, my taxes keep going up and now I cannot park my work van on the street, Mayor Santos are you Portuguese or what.

Guest Guest

What a piece of sh!t you are. Complain about her nepotism but want special treatment because you are the same nationality as the mayor.

(Post submitted at 7:46pm)

The Observer article stated "Councilwoman Laura Pettigrew said she’s been leaving reminder notes on the windshields of vans and trucks — many of them so large that they take up two parking spaces — that overnight parking on residential streets is illegal."

Where does the councilwoman propose I park my van, I pay taxes like she does.  Should I quit my job and get a job working for the town like her entire family.  Give me a break, my taxes keep going up and now I cannot park my work van on the street, Mayor Santos are you Portuguese or what.

NO A- HOLE YOU CANT PARK YOUR BIG WORK VAN OVER NIGHT ON THE STREETS.

Rent a garage or something. Yes, YOU have to abide by the rules to. Where should I park my car??? Now that your work van/truck has taking at least 2 spots?

You think the world revolves around you and your chop friends??/

No, it doesn't.

Guest Guest

the cops should be leaving tickets instead. :blink:

the cops should be leaving tickets instead. :blink:

i concur. it's completely unnecessary to have these giant vehicles out on the street, forcing 2 small cars to park far out of their way. come on, its NEW JERSEY. there's absolutely no reason to be driving something that large.

Guest Guest

The ordinance in question involves vehicles with Commercial registration and Plates.I see alot of vehicles owned by big construction companies such as Kreamer Sanzary and Hess Brothers on the streets.The Laborers and Tradesman are assigned these vehicles and take them home.If they don't have a driveway they should not take the vehicle home.The Town also has alot a small bussiness [roofers and siders.]These Guys are just getting started and paying for off street parking may be a problem if the work is'nt coming in.The commecial vehicles are a small part of the parking problem.Tenants in illegal apartments,Home Owners to lazy to park on thier property,People saving spaces for Family members.You have more trouble out there then the work trucks.There are alot of wasted parking spaces on the street people just get out of thier cars and don't care how many spots they take up.Ask Any body that worked the 2nd shift how bad it is.

Guest Guest
The ordinance in question involves vehicles with Commercial registration and Plates.I see alot of vehicles owned by big construction companies such as Kreamer Sanzary and Hess Brothers on the streets.The Laborers and Tradesman are assigned these vehicles and take them home.If they don't have a driveway they should not take the vehicle home.

Actually the Ordinance is Very broad in its wording, classifying ANY vehicle, Registered Commercial or not, to be summonsed for being an overnight commercial vehicle. There IS a simple solution, if you see a commercial vehicle on the street at night, pick up your phone and call...KPD will send a car to summons the vehicle.

Guest Guest

Parking is and continues to be a big time problem. Simply put, there is an ordinance (law) against parking commercial trucks on the street over night which has been in effect for years. It's not new, rarely enforced unless on a specific complaint. Put an article in the paper saying it's going to be enforced and then start giving out the tickets. Are you sure the guy complaining is portuguese, if he is, I am surprised he doesn't just double park.......

Archived