Kearny New Website

Guest Mayor Santos

Guest Mayor Santos

Look at what Kearny's Mayor and Council are spending money on. A new $20,000 a year website which provides less information than the last website. But it does have my name on the front page with the town seal. I am king after all.

Guest Guest

The new town website bites. Why should I have to logon to read the minutes of an open meeting? Are you going to track people using the site, Little Joe? As far as Big Als name, it was probably done by Little Joe. Look around the site. Everything you can get into has his title on it. :angry::angry::angry:

Guest ParanoidJane

Registered users----they got to be kidding. If you give these people your e-mail address you're a fool. This is what they want so they can track you from KOTW.

Look at what Kearny's Mayor and Council are spending money on. A new $20,000 a year website which provides less information than the last website. But it does have my name on the front page with the town seal. I am king after all.

20k a year... for a web site. wow.

Guest Bottom Line

They should have hired HeyDuke.net . He might have done it for free.

KOTW Note: The direct link to HeyDuke.net was removed.

They should have hired HeyDuke.net . He might have done it for free.

KOTW Note: The direct link to HeyDuke.net was removed.

There is a lot more then just “making” a website. There’s the name that you have to rent like Kearnyontheweb.com, then the space you own or rent. Then you need a server case, and an internet connection with A LOT of upload. Upload speed is a lot more expensive to buy then your regular DSL connections. And that’s not even “making” the web site yet. But most websites like Kearnyontheweb and small sites, they just go though like a company that has all that and you rent everything under one price. All you have to do is make the site. But 20k is a bit much. Unless they’re paying the guy who’s maintaining the website.

20k a year is blasphemous.. i mean, i'd barely expect major cities like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. to pay that much for a website. it's not like the Kearny website is going to use THAT much bandwidth. they're definitely getting ripped off.

granted i don't get very much traffic, but i only pay 120 a year. plus the 20 bucks i paid to register the name for 2 years.

20k a year is blasphemous.. i mean, i'd barely expect major cities like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. to pay that much for a website. it's not like the Kearny website is going to use THAT much bandwidth. they're definitely getting ripped off.

granted i don't get very much traffic, but i only pay 120 a year. plus the 20 bucks i paid to register the name for 2 years.

but im sure the guy that's taking care of it is getting paid to. Thats the only reason i can thing of why it cost so much.

but im sure the guy that's taking care of it is getting paid to. Thats the only reason i can thing of why it cost so much.

i suppose, but i didn't think it costs that much just to pay someone to maintain a website. even just design work shouldn't reach figures like that.

Guest Guest

The Kearny offiical website is now back to what it was before except the calendar is not working. So much for spending $20,000 on an updated site. I looks like someone must have read the complaints on kearnyontheweb

Archived