What Has Happened To Our Town?

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

Does any one remember when they were kids and You use to walk down any given Street in this town and it was lined with beautiful Trees..Ther was a tree in front of every house and the streets were kept clean. People took pride in there neighborhood ,Not any more.Public service come and chops the sh** out the trees and now most of them are looking like crap....So why not start putting trees back in front of every house and have peoiple held responcible for keeping the front of their homes clean...Take a look at East Newark they have started to put trees back in front of homes and it looks beautiful....so why not Harrison lets beautify Harrison clean your sidewalks and plant more trees....it also helps to clean our air and help the ozone....wake up before it is to late........

Guest Guest
Does any one remember when they were kids and You use to walk down any given Street in this town and it was lined with beautiful Trees..Ther was a tree in front of every house and the streets were kept clean. People took pride in there neighborhood ,Not any more.Public service come and chops the sh** out the trees and now most of them are looking like crap....So why not start putting trees back in front of every house and have peoiple held responcible for keeping the front of their homes clean...Take a look at East Newark they have started to put trees back in front of homes and it looks beautiful....so why not Harrison lets beautify Harrison clean your sidewalks and plant more trees....it also helps to clean our air and help the ozone....wake up before it is to late........

I would like to see harrison streets lined with trees again. But most people are to damn lazy to clean up the leaves in the fall.....And that should be secondary We do need trees to Clean the air......I am sure if You want a tree in front of You house all you have to do is request one and they will put one there for You..

Guest Guest

trees are not enough to clean up harrison. the least of our problems is too plant trees. charity begins at home! the problems stem from within the adminstration. one main concern should be the illegal housing in town. :unsure:

Guest Guest

Yet more Harrison educational system failures posting their opinions. Try going back to school for some remedial education in the areas of spelling, grammer, and writing a complete sentence. Until then , just shut your mouth.

Guest For the "Grammer" Expe
Yet more Harrison educational system failures posting their opinions.  Try going back to school for some remedial education in the areas of spelling, grammer, and writing a complete sentence.  Until then , just shut your mouth.

Please remember that if you were really as intellectually adept as you pretend to be you would be doing something more useful with your time (i.e., curing cancer, eliminating the deficit, ending famine, etc.) than spell checking and GRAMMAR checking posts on a local discussion board.

Everyone is entitled to their post their opinions here as long as they are not slanderous or obscene. And just maybe, if you read for content, you might understand what aspirations the people of Harrison have for this town. They want a better existence. This person just wants trees planted on the streets to try to make the neighborhood more pleasant. They do not deserve to be mocked and ridiculed by someone so dissatisfied with their lot in life that they need to belittle others to make themselves feel more important than they really are.

Maybe you have more book learnin' than some of us simple folk, but you obviously have no class.

Guest Guest
Yet more Harrison educational system failures posting their opinions. Try going back to school for some remedial education in the areas of spelling, grammer, and writing a complete sentence. Until then , just shut your mouth.

The word is "grammar"

Guest guest guest

The problem can be solved now. Pick a new slate. A whole new council and Mayor. Get iintouch with your favorite candidate that you think can do the job, tell him to run for council or Mayor, but don't keep any of the existing ones. No have what it takes to go against this mayor, none will have what it takes to do it later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

You know I really feel sorry for You. You are such a unhappy person. Why dont You try getting a Woman if You are A Male Or A Man if You are a Female...Or What ever thrills You Dog Cat Horse....,I am Sure no Human could tolerate such a unhappy Human being such as Yourself,,You cant seem to see good in anything....Maybe You need to get l**d. But I am not sure if that will even make You Happy.........YOU POOR GRUMPY SOUL.....

Guest guest_Guest
The problem can be solved now. Pick a new slate. A whole new council and Mayor. Get iintouch with your favorite candidate that you think can do the job, tell him to run for council or Mayor, but don't keep any of the existing ones. No have what it takes to go against this mayor, none will have what it takes to do it later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of the cops not getting along ,But that is their problem,as long as they are here when I need them they can fight all they want to with each other.......All the mouths on this site should mind there own ps& Qs.

Guest Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen,

That Idiot that side tracked the topic of this thread is The Engish Proffessor.I am so inspired to chase Him or Her around this Site that I can't wait to get home to see the snipes put forth by this Brain Child.What is His secret,I'll bet it's hooked on Phonics.I did'nt know Stephen King was a fan of this site.No matter how important Your subject is it will never go anywhere with people like this individual because it has to be about Him or Her.The fact that You may have something to contribute does not matter itis about him

Many of the trees were removed for the simple reason that they grew up.

I'm sure that when the trees were planted the intent to have beautiful tree lined streets in the town was a good one. After 50 years or so this idea wasn't very well thought out.

In the case of the privite homeowner, as these trees matured and enlarged so did their root systems. As the roots expanded they broke up building foundations and sewer systems causing damage in the thousands of dollars, this is revisited time and time again year after year until the only alternative is to distroy the tree, sad but true.

In the case of PSE&G, Verizon and Cable as the trees grew they began cutting into the power lines and threatening service to residents and businesses alike, so they had to have the branches trimmed away from these service lines.

Guest gUEST_Guest
Many of the trees were removed for the simple reason that they grew up.

I'm sure that when the trees were planted the intent to have beautiful tree lined streets in the town was a good one. After 50 years or so this idea wasn't very well thought out.

In the case of the privite homeowner, as these trees matured and enlarged so did their root systems. As the roots expanded they broke up building foundations and sewer systems causing damage in the thousands of dollars, this is revisited time and time again year after year until the only alternative is to distroy the tree, sad but true.

In the case of PSE&G, Verizon and Cable as the trees grew they began cutting into the power lines and threatening service to residents and businesses alike, so they had to have the branches trimmed away from these service lines.

i DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT NOW WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED WITH THAE OZONE AND GREEN HOUSE EFFECT...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE TREES PUT BACK NOT ONLY FOR THEIR BEAUTY BUT FOR THE JOB THEY DO CLEANING OUR AIR...tHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT....wE NEED TO SAVE OUR eARTH BEFORE IT IS TO LATE....wE ARE TEARING DOWN TREES AND DESTROYING OUR EARTH....I AM CONCERNED FOR MY CHILDREN AND YOURS AND ALSO GRAND AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN.....AFTER ALL TREES WERE HERE BEFORE HOMES AND WIRES.SO PLEASE EVERYONE FOR OUR CHILDREN AND THERE CHILDREN LETS DO SOMETHING......A CONCERNED PARENT AND GRANDPARENT AND NOT JUST MY OWN....FOR ALL.........

Guest gUEST_Guest
Ladies and Gentlemen,

That Idiot that side tracked the topic of this thread is The Engish Proffessor.I am so inspired to chase Him or Her around this Site that I can't wait to get home to see the snipes put forth by this Brain Child.What is His secret,I'll bet it's hooked on Phonics.I did'nt know Stephen King was a fan of this site.No matter how important Your subject is it will never go anywhere with people like this individual because it has to be about Him or Her.The fact that You may have something to contribute does not matter itis about him

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%...SO I NOW CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE FOOL.....

Guest Guest
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%...SO I NOW CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE FOOL.....

Let's all ignore the Nutty Grammar Professor!

Archived