Board Meeting

Guest info please

Guest Guest
Didn't you say that you had two children in the district?

Did you go to the BOE meeting? Sounds like it was alot of fun.  Maybe your right and the rumors will be confirmed, but it doesn't look like it's going to be in favor of the BOE.

It seems a funny thing happens when these people get elected.  They quickly forget that they are there to represent the residents of Kearny and somehow believe they are there to get jobs for their spouses, children, and friends or take out their frustrations on the administrators and teachers.

Anyway, I wouldn't blindy believe they have our best interests at heart.

Did you check out the News 12 video?  Mr. Mooney does a great Seargent Schultz impression.

I'm sorry, when you said "what school do you use?" I thought you were refering to me, not my children. Try to be a little clearer next time.

I was at the BOE meeting. Based on your post it is apparent you were not. Nobody got up to talk about the excess in the budget.

The meeting was "fun". Do you really think two BOE members will flip their votes and grant tenure? I doubt it, but it could happen. Will Diaz again allow the "discussion" to be conducted in open session? Will be interesting if he flips his position this time around.

Did a BOE member really ask for a payoff or is this just the desparate ploy by a desparate man? Did the member ask for it or was it just offered? This particular member has been know to "change" votes in the past. Who's next on his list to be accused of "corruption"?

Stay tuned to Days of Our BOE.

I didn't expect that anyone would discuss the budget. Why would they? It's a done deal this year and for years to come. Simply throw a few extra million on top of last years budget and call it a day.

As for Diaz, he's a veteran of this type of BOE politics. If you look at his track record, he usually comes out on top. From the sound of other posts by people who where there he probably doesn't want this dicussed in an open forum anymore than the BOE members do. However, it's the BOE who seems to have shut up at this point. Unfortunately, what gets lost in all of this nonsense is the mission of the school district which is educating children.

If all of this continues the district will be the laughing stock of the area.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Torres acknowledged the decisions were difficult. "I know Alberto, and he has a lot of potential. He did well at that school. But tenure is lifelong. It's hard to put into words, but I was not prepared to approve tenure.

"The most difficult decision was with Marcia Marques because I just did not know enough about her," Torres continued

This person is in charge of a $60M budget.

Mr. Diaz's first name is NORBERTO

Did you go to the BOE meeting? Sounds like it was alot of fun.  Maybe your right and the rumors will be confirmed, but it doesn't look like it's going to be in favor of the BOE.

It seems a funny thing happens when these people get elected.  They quickly forget that they are there to represent the residents of Kearny and somehow believe they are there to get jobs for their spouses, children, and friends or take out their frustrations on the administrators and teachers.

Did you check out the News 12 video?  Mr. Mooney does a great Seargent Schultz impression.

I'm sorry, when you said "what school do you use?" I thought you were refering to me, not my children. Try to be a little clearer next time.

I was at the BOE meeting. Based on your post it is apparent you were not. Nobody got up to talk about the excess in the budget.

The meeting was "fun". Do you really think two BOE members will flip their votes and grant tenure? I doubt it, but it could happen. Will Diaz again allow the "discussion" to be conducted in open session? Will be interesting if he flips his position this time around.

Did a BOE member really ask for a payoff or is this just the desparate ploy by a desparate man? Did the member ask for it or was it just offered? This particular member has been know to "change" votes in the past. Who's next on his list to be accused of "corruption"?

THE BOARD MEMBERS NAME WILL APPEAR IN THE KEARNY JOURNAL THIS WEEK LIKE YOU SAID STAY TUNED

Guest Guest
How about the Principle of the High School,Not only are he and his wife in the school system his 2 kids will also be in there soon also.He pulls some of the BOE strings like they are puppets,why do you think he wants to be Superintendant of Kearny Schools.It is time to have the Media and possibly Govt.Officials looking into Kearny and what goes on here.

I don't believe he's qualified to be Superintendent. He was the one who negotiated those horrific sick day payoffs in the system. All of his "friends" including some who were not properly certified for the job and were taken care of. Then there's the question of the absentee cover-up/ He always has a hook on the board. A current board member is a good friend of his whose wife works in the high school. Persuasive huh?

Guest Guest

As far as the principal of Washington School not receiving tenure, I.m sure the real reason is a personnel matter and can't be discussed publicly. Tenure is rarely denied without some kind of real cause. There is more to this. I had heard one of the others was never c ertified in the first place, yet she was receiving the salary as if she were and for some time now.

Guest Question

Now that Diaz went public and accused a board member of extortion, doesn't the prosecutors office have an obligation to investigate the allegations because the accused are elected officials? Anyone one out there know the answer?

Guest Guest

Contact your BOE to find out that the two psychologists are fully qualified.

Don't even go there regarding Diaz. The rumors were put into the rumor mill months ago, so that the Diaz enemies would be able to show BOE members that Diaz was not worthy of tenure. If he did anything, it was that he didn't go public about what was going on regarding certain actions of the BOE member(s) and employees. (But he did tell elected officials about what was going on.) He kept quiet to save his job and his wife's. Now the BOE really has a problem because he has hired an attorney Glen Savits. We're not talking just about Diaz and his school now. The BOE has opened a can of worms by firing these three people. There are many people involved, so you know that one of them is going to start "talking," then another , etc. The whole plot is about to unravel, and you are going to find out that it won't be Diaz in trouble after all. He may not get the principal job back, but I bet he gets money because anyone with a half of brain can trace back what certain people were trying to do to discredit him.

Now, you should be asking why would only one member of the BOE and his posse be out to discredit Diaz?? Why would they tell so many lie about Diaz? Why did they use people. Let's face it, that whole thing about Ms. Marques and testing the kid was cleared by the State Board of Education . Ask the BOE to show you the report. Diaz enemies used that family too, to get the movement against him going. That is very sad that these bums even took the concerns of a family over their kid and used the people, feeding them information, pumping them up, getting them acting very foolish (were you there for the last part of the meeting on 5/24? I was there and it was disturbing to see how that family is still so worked up. It was painful to listen to him talk out of control and get everything so mixed up. I didn't see any Board members trying to jump in and help him now, only the poor wife who was trying to shut the husband up.)

The Diaz enemies must have something big at stake to do what they are doing like manipulating that family and firing three people. Now what could it possibly be?

Guest Visitor

Re: May 26,2004 comments:

KHS PRINCIPAL does NOT have 2 children coming to the h.s.

Both children have ALREADY graduated!!

Check spelling and information BEFORE you post!!

Guest Guest

The post didn't mean they are coming to the high school as students. It meant they will be hired by the district in the future.

Think before you post.

Guest Guest

You missed the whole point of that post. The poster was implying that the two children would be EMPLOYED by the high school.

Guest Guest
Torres acknowledged the decisions were difficult. "I know Alberto, and he has a lot of potential. He did well at that school. But tenure is lifelong. It's hard to put into words, but I was not prepared to approve tenure.

"The most difficult decision was with Marcia Marques because I just did not know enough about her," Torres continued

We know his name is Norberto. The question is does Mary Torres or the newspaper that quoted her know.

Guest Guest

I've just read the Kearny Journal Online. Regardless of the Diaz situation, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that it is time to clean house at the BOE and central office.

Guest Check Yourself

I think what the poster means is the KHS Principals kids will be WORKING in the school system because of HIS connections. Please read carefully before YOU post!

Guest Guest

THE BOARD MEMBERS NAME WILL APPEAR IN THE KEARNY JOURNAL THIS WEEK LIKE YOU SAID STAY TUNED

Makes you wonder why a couple of people decided not to return to the BOE.

Guest Guest

This will be my last post on this or any other subject. The lag between posting and the post finally appearing is ridiculous.

Judy, you posted this twice but the name was not revealed in the Kearny Journal.

This "extortion" claim will have two sides to it. As I posted before, was money demanded by the BOE member or offered by Bert? That is the question that will have to be answered if there is an investigation. It will be your classic he said, he/she said.

Guest Guest

Oops..she got her "Bertos" mixed up!

Guest Guest
Now that Diaz went public and accused a board member of extortion, doesn't the prosecutors office have an obligation to investigate the allegations because the accused are elected officials? Anyone one out there know the answer?

Mr. Diaz has a responsibility to bring any alleged illegal attempt to the proper authorities. If he has not done so, who not?

Guest Guest

Why does Mr. Diaz have these enimies? Don't understand why people including BOE members were out to get him and besides didn't two of them vote to give him tenure? Help?

Guest Guest

This will be my last post on this or any other subject. The lag between posting and the post finally appearing is ridiculous.

Judy, you posted this twice but the name was not revealed in the Kearny Journal.

This "extortion" claim will have two sides to it. As I posted before, was money demanded by the BOE member or offered by Bert? That is the question that will have to be answered if there is an investigation. It will be your classic he said, he/she said.

Yes the lag time is horrible.

Just come back and let us know what you think after Diaz kicks the BOE's a** yet one more time. They never learn.

Guest Guest

You would think Torres would take the time to learn enough about her before making a decision.

Guest Guest

:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many secretaries does it take to run the Business Office at the BOE?  Correct answer:  There is only 1 secretary in the Business Office.  Now, in addition to the 1 secretary there is an Assistant to the BA, whose duties include, among others, overseeing the benefits and payroll, which is done in-house, 2 accounts payable bookkeepers and 1 coordinator of accounts payable & accounts receivable, 1 payroll bookkeeper, and 1 receptionist-clerk-typist.  Does this seem excessive to you?  With a $60 million plus budget and a payroll that covers more than 800 employees, I think it's reasonable.

And another thing, most companies don't have two plus months out of the year to gear up and prepare as a school district does.

Lets get back to the original issue, cut the spin! Who are the head rats? I don't care how many board workers it takes to type a letter. Come on talk it up. Or is this board bugged........ :P

I think the board is bugged. As long as you put in here what they want to hear they will print it. Other then that they really don't care. You really got to wonder who is running this online board. Probably the same person running the observer.

Archived