Police And Fire Contracts

Guest Howard

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StudiesandObservations
DISBABD I SAY, DISBAND!! Use the money from the salaries to fixed the houses that get flooded.

Are YOU willing to indemnify the town from any liability if its Your home that burns ot YOUR family member is killed after disbanding the FD??? Somehow I think you'd be first in line to sue the Town if that happened.

Guest Citizen Kane

With the recent tragedy in NY where 3 firefighters lost their lives battling two fires in one day and four more are fighting for their lives as we post and read these sometimes absurd messages, It seems this is the right place to say God Bless our firemen. Godd luck as you protect us and stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Contract
;) Still no contract for the Officers of the Kfd.  :(

How long have you been without a contract?

Have you called and talked to the Mayor?

Have you talked to your union?

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions?

:wacko:

Where did you go?

I guess i hit the nail on the head.

:wub:

How long have you been without a contract? A: 2000

Have you called and talked to the Mayor? A: Our union has.

Have you talked to your union? A: Yes!!!!!!!

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions? A: I have been informed that the arbitrator allowed the extensions. I have been informed that we requested the town stick to the timetable set down by the arbitrator!

still no contract 5 years and counting. :wacko:

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest

Until a new contract is settled, the workers operate under the provisions of the old contract, without any salary or benefit increases. The inherent protections are kept, the problem is, especially if it drags on for years, your workers will be (and we'll use the FD officers for example, since they continually bombard us) earning 1999 wages, but paying the current 2004 market prices for things.

A good portion of the civilian job market is still earning "1999 wages" and "LOSING" benefits left and right, without the benefit of union protection. You are looking in the wrong place for sympathy.

But anyway, I thought the firefighters contract was settled? Unless you are talking about the Officers contract. If so, please at least get your facts straight.

Perhaps the place you work has merit pay, and you haven't EARNED a raise.

Guest shrink

Mayor Santos,Carol Doyle and the rest of the simple simons that sit on our council should be well aware that when the arbitrators decision is handed down they will be responsible for all the retro pay back to July 1st. 2000.IT will be substantial.Ask any of them if they are aware of what the dollar amount will be.Then ask the very logical question, did you set aside this money every year to avoid an emergency appropriation.My guess is absolutely not. There will be no deals, no 3 year payouts.When the chickens come home to roost, ask the mayor and his high priced errand boy little Joey DeArco, how could you let this happen?Was it the no cost shift change or just plain stupidity.Iguess the mayor and council should propose an ordinance to change the towns name to OZ. Hi! Toto

Guest Shop Rite

[

quote=Jim Mangin,Jul 3 2004, 08:29 AM]

It's been a while since I last posted, but this post really has to be answered.

I'd like to know, where did this "random drug testing" issue come from? Does this person believe there is a problem with the Kearny Fire Dept in this area that might compromise public safety? If so, call me and I'll check it out. But I can tell you, in all my dealings with the Kearny Fire Department and firefighters and officers - I've never seen or heard anything that would lead me to that conclusion.

But, I'm not everywhere and can't see or hear everything. Apparently, this poster can. Since it is an issue of public safety you should take your proof (and I assume you have proof) to some proper authority. If you're afraid of retaliation, you can e-mail your information to me anonymously, and I'll take it to the proper authorities. Your information need not be actual proof either. Tell me what you've seen or heard and I'll check that out also.

There you have it, a plan of action for dealing with this public safety issue. Until you do your part I'm not changing my opinion or even considering random drug testing for the Fire Department. The ball's in your court.

I

Just on the slight chance that you don't have any proof, I have a question for you. Why are you trying to create an issue where none exists? Why create a diversion from the real issue that five years is a long time for anyone to work without a contract?

It is not an unreasonable request.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Okay Mr. Mangin you are right about one thing know one should work for 5 years without getting a raise. What about your employees that you manage do you give them a raise. I understand that the people employed outside working with customers with their groceries are getting 5.25 an hour/without a raise could you possibly tell me how you can give someone that kind of money and manage them and still feel that the firemen and pd should be compensated for 5 years of money, it's ashame the money they get and the promotions from within.

So show your own employees that you manage the same respect, give them a raise $5.25 is a disgrace, their job is dangerous they cld get hit by a car or perhaps beaten over the head with a bag of groceries, wht's fair is fair.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firefighter
It is very clear to any moron that either you forgot to take your librium or you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown.We will pray that you seek professional help before your non-existent brain explodes.Let me ask you a few pertinent questions,were you picked on as a child?Do you have pimples?Are you 4ft. 11 inches tall?Is your I.Q.below 50?Are you ugly?Did you fail the fire test.Your obtuse rantings about firefighters seem to indicate one or more of the above.Do yourself a favor and all of us that have to read your manical psycho-babble, shut the f--- up.

As a firefighter i agree, anyone who works in public safety should be tested. But, the issue is that in my 10 years on the job, the issue of drug testung has never come up. This maniac insists we are refusing to submit to random tests, when the issue has never come up in the fire department. You have to test when you get hired, and if you get promoted, but the issue of further testing has never been addressed. No one is refusing to take a drug test, no one has asked us to. So stop saying we refuse to do something when no one has asked us to do it. You don't know what you are talking about. Stop creating controversy where none exists.

Guest Studies and Observations
As a firefighter i agree, anyone who works in public safety should be tested.  But,  the issue is that in my 10 years on the job, the issue of drug testung has never come up.  This maniac insists we are refusing to submit to random tests, when the issue has never come up in the fire department.  You have to test when you get hired, and if you get promoted,  but the issue of further testing has never been addressed. No one is refusing to take a drug test, no one has asked us to.  So stop saying we refuse to do something when no one has asked us to do it. You don't know what you are talking about.  Stop creating controversy where none exists.

The Drug-testing issue seems to be a spillover from the Harrison boards, that is usually the talking point over there, not to mention trying to stir up trouble between you guys and the PD. From what I've read on these boards the Idi--umm I mean "Individual" who uses the term "Fireladies", and rants bout sleeping is a Harrison Board poster.

• 1 month later...
Going on six years. Still no contract for the officers of the Kfd. :ph34r:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:huh::huh: AFTER THIS WEEKENDS SCREW UP! DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD GET ONE????? HOW ABOUT U/E!!!!THE FIRE HOUSE NEEDS CLEANING FOR SURE!! :huh::huh:

Guest Don't Care

Contract,

We don't care you repetitive twit! How long must you repeat yourself. Go away nerd, get another career you whiner. :ph34r::angry::angry:

Contract,

We don't care you repetitive twit! How long must you repeat yourself. Go away nerd, get another career you whiner. :ph34r:  :angry:  :angry:

:angry::angry: if you refer to me ! boy do you have a" PROBLEM" IF YOU ARE A FIRE MAN AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN A FIRE PLUG YOU DO NOT NEED ONE! THE PLUGS SHOULD BE OPENED 2 TIMES A YEAR BY THE FIRE DPT NOT PUB WORKS HOW DO YOU PRACTICE? WITH WHAT? ALL PLUGS SHOULD BE TESTED AND ALL PARTS OF TOWN TESTED FOR RESPONCE TIME! GET THE HELL OUT OF THE FIRE HOUSE AND PRACTICE ! PRACTICE RUNS SHOULD BE DONE EVERY SHIFT! PRACTICE!!!!! CONTRACT YA RIGHT!

Guest Guest_resident_*
:angry:  :angry: if you refer to me ! boy do you have a" PROBLEM" IF YOU ARE A FIRE MAN AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN A FIRE PLUG YOU DO NOT NEED ONE! THE PLUGS SHOULD BE OPENED 2 TIMES A YEAR BY THE FIRE DPT NOT PUB WORKS HOW DO YOU PRACTICE? WITH WHAT? ALL PLUGS SHOULD BE TESTED AND ALL PARTS OF TOWN TESTED FOR RESPONCE TIME! GET THE HELL OUT OF THE FIRE HOUSE AND PRACTICE !  PRACTICE RUNS SHOULD BE DONE EVERY SHIFT! PRACTICE!!!!! CONTRACT YA RIGHT!

:ph34r: It was opened d**k head. Did not work! :angry:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

:angry: It was opened d**k head. Did not work! :angry:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

:angry::angry: 1st you lie ! it was tested after the fire and it worked ! yes it was old " if you are a fire fighter you would want to test thease things ! and make sure they work! its your life and the TAX PAYERS LIFE AT STAKE! like i said practice! all the fire fighters ! practice ! or was this a work action????and does the cheaf still have a job? why? contract or not this was sloppy at best! shame on KFD! :ph34r::angry:

Archived