Police And Fire Contracts

Guest Howard

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Contract
:angry: We don't deserve a contract. Anyone who posts under the name "contract" from here on in is a repititious liar. I am the original "contract" poster and I say NO, NO CONTRACT!! Thank-you. :angry::angry:

Guest Contract
DISREGARD is the correct splelling you worthless piece of garbage. Go back to sleep and thnak mommy and daddy they sucked-up and got you a job.

:angry: The post was a copy of a reply! misspellings and all! With just some words taken out of the post. The post was not directed to you. "Worthless piece of garbage" you must be joking right. Not one person in his right mind would think 5 years without a fair contract is anyway to treat a employee. And you are correct, your taxes are going up. But for many reasons. The Fire Dept is but a very small % of where your taxes are spent. I go to work every day and give 110% effort every single day. The Mayor and town administrator gave themselves a pay raise. The Fire Officers can't even get a contract. Sorry but I will not argue with you If you do not understand why we should get a fair contract. So with that said I will make the same statement I have been making all along. " :angry: "STILL NO CONTRACT AFTER FIVE YEARS" :angry:

How do you sleep, watch television, and eat 110%. You must have that special expertise that only a fireman could have to muster-up that extra 10%. Practice makes perfect. And you want more money for this? You gotta be kidding!

• 1 month later...

Fireman as human beings. It's just that your alleged job is nothing but a scam. I am sure a volunteer department could do just as good and you just DO NOT NEED PAID FIREMAN. We could use the lowered tax money for our kids. Even the school is falling apart, they could use the money to fix the school. The contractor( a relative of a big shot of course - gets paid and spreads the take around to corrupt politicians and then its over. Why should we worry about what MIGHT happen? Thats IT!

We need a volunteer FD.............All Republicans are against taxes so I'm sure they'd support this since taxes will go down...

What the hell makes you think your taxes will go down? That money will just spent elswhere, not given back to you. Same high taxes, less services provided by the town. You are an idiot.

Guest Fireman
Maybe the real issue here isn't simply having the firemen SUBMIT to drug testing. It's how AGGRESSIVELY they fight to keep it from happening, leading people to question their credibility. Is the kearny fire union reacting to this issue in such a heavy handed way that it causes some doubts to the community? Sometimes people can look shady not by what they say, but by the akward ,forceful reaction they give to something that didn't warrant it. They overreact and sell themselves out.

This issue has never come up at a FMBA union meeting. The only place I hear about drug testing is on this site. Never came up anywhere els.

Guest Fire Service Expert

A volunteer fire dept in Kearny ? No Way ! In a town like Kearny with closely built homes, it would only take a house fire on a windy night coupled with the slower response of volunteers to lose an entire block and beyond.

Just look at the suburban towns that have volunteer dept.'s. The homes are 50 feet apart or more and these homes burn to the ground all the time.

Think about this; you wake up at 2 am and smell smoke. Your basement is on fire. You dial 9-1-1, grab your kids and wife and run outside to wait. It's snowing and 10 degrees. You pray that the FD gets there quick to save your house. Then you realize that all the volunteers are home sleeping in their beds. Their pagers go off, they dress, use the toilet, go outside to find their cars covered with snow. They start their cars to defrost their windshields, get out the brush to clear their windows . They then drive to the firehouse to get the fire trucks, put on their turnout gear, and then drive to your house. Of course, because of the weather, the volunteers will arrive at different times at the firehouse, so you don't really know how many will actually arrive on the trucks. Think about how long this scenario has taken to play out and how much of your house is still standing. Now think about your neighbors homes that are now burning.

Tell me again about how much you want a volunteer FD in Kearny.

Guest StudiesandObservations
Maybe the real issue here isn't simply having the firemen SUBMIT to drug testing. It's how AGGRESSIVELY they fight to keep it from happening, leading people to question their credibility. Is the kearny fire union reacting to this issue in such a heavy handed way that it causes some doubts to the community? Sometimes people can look shady not by what they say, but by the akward ,forceful reaction they give to something that didn't warrant it. They overreact and sell themselves out.

This issue has never come up at a FMBA union meeting. The only place I hear about drug testing is on this site. Never came up anywhere els.

This seems to be an issue on the Harrison forums concerning their FD..i think somone was a little confused where to post..including whoever used the term "Fireladies" that also seems to be someone from Harrison's boards

:( Still no contract for the Officers of the Kfd. :angry:

How long have you been without a contract?

Have you called and talked to the Mayor?

Have you talked to your union?

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions?

B)

Guest Contract

How long have you been without a contract? A: 2000

Have you called and talked to the Mayor? A: Our union has.

Have you talked to your union? A: Yes!!!!!!!

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions? A: I have been informed that the arbitrator allowed the extensions. I have been informed that we requested the town stick to the timetable set down by the arbitrator! :(

:( Still no contract for the Officers of the Kfd.  :angry:

How long have you been without a contract?

Have you called and talked to the Mayor?

Have you talked to your union?

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions?

B)

Where did you go?

I guess i hit the nail on the head.

:D

How long have you been without a contract? A: 2000

Have you called and talked to the Mayor? A: Our union has.

Have you talked to your union? A: Yes!!!!!!!

Did you or did you not allow 7 extensions? A: I have been informed that the arbitrator allowed the extensions. I have been informed that we requested the town stick to the timetable set down by the arbitrator! :(

I refuse to believe that the Mayor would let an item such as this go on for 5 years.

I would guess that the union had more to do with allowing it to drag on.

Archived