Why Are My Posts Not Showing Up?

Guest Guest

I've posted a couple times this morning and the are not showing.

Dear Posters:

I am testing a moderator feature on the message board which causes a delay in the posting of messages. When you post, you will receive a message accepting your post and advising that the moderator will review your post. Your post will appear after the review process is complete.

KOTW

Dear Posters:

I am testing a moderator feature on the message board which causes a delay in the posting of messages. When you post, you will receive a message accepting your post and advising that the moderator will review your post. Your post will appear after the review process is complete.

KOTW

I dont like the delay. :rolleyes:

I too do not like the moderator delay and would like to see it removed. There is no consistancy in this program as it may take from 3 minutes to 6 hours for a post to appear. For instance, I posted yesterday at about 2:15pm and as of 8pm my post still had not come up. The loss of continuity in responses is very confusing. Also, at times you were able have ongoing conversations or debates with other posters by simply using the "refresh" button. Not now.

Guest StudiesandObservations

You cant have it both ways..The webmaster recieved complaints about the content of posts, probably not so much here as on the Harrison board, where people were named, and rather nasty allegations were made. The delay so he can Check, and if necessary, edit posts is a smart way to reduce his liability due to some of the nonsense.

Dear Posters:

KOTW

I think you should get rid of the delay. I think you should make the HeyDuke people moderators instead.

Guest TAXMAN

Moderator?

You mean censor don't you. You can go into the program and list words that are offesive and they will auto change to a less ofensive word. That would be equal to all.

Also you should not edit posts with the word B**ch or any other that the fcc has allowed.

There are boards like this everywhere that don't seem to have these problems.

http://njo.com

http://theobserver.com

just to name a few.

Just a thought.

moderators

that honestly isn't a bad idea. with only 1 person reviewing posts, obviously you have to wait quite a while for things to show up. if you just had more people volunteer to monitor the forums and delete all offensive content, we wouldn't have to do this :P

moderators

that honestly isn't a bad idea. with only 1 person reviewing posts, obviously you have to wait quite a while for things to show up. if you just had more people volunteer to monitor the forums and delete all offensive content, we wouldn't have to do this :unsure:

But ill let the admin run his own board, unlike other people...

Guest Reviews take to long

Dear Posters:

KOTW

This is a waste of time! The wait is just to long. At this rate we should check the board every other day. :unsure:

Archived