ACLU To Sue Kearny

Guest Guest

Tort Claim, what it comes down to it, is the LaClairs are holding the town hostage.

Oh, no! Forbid that the Board and Paszkiewicz be forced to obey the Constitution! How DARE Paul impose the highest law of this country on its citizens! :P

If the Board do not do as the LaClairs expect them to do than the LaClairs will suit.

It sounds like blackmailing to me.

See you at the meeting tonight.

Yes, the Board will right its wrongs, whether voluntarily or not. Paul has stated publicly that he doesn't want to sue the Town of Kearny. He is giving them and Paszkiewicz yet another chance to fix their mistakes. If they don't take this opportunity...well, it's going to be their fault when it's taken to court and both Mr. P. and the Board are made fools of.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patriot
All the LaClair ever wanted was the publicity and the Money.  No one will ever know how much they will actually get.  But I am sure it will be substantial.

The LaClairs have now the ACLU and the People of the American Way. The attorneys representing Matthew. 

Legal action Richard Mancini.  Notice of Claim is the hangman's noose for the entire school district. They said it has made it uncomfortable for Matthew.

Having to make it comfortable for Matthew has made it "UNCOMFORTABLE" for the other 1000's of students. 

The lawyer talked about the failures to protect Matthew?  What harm has been done?  I do not recall any or I am sure it would have been posted here.  It is disruptive to the whole teaching process. 

Please stop calling him courageous. 

In his rehearsed speech today he again admitted the he previously knew of

this in early 2006 when he first received his class schedule, he was told by former student that Mr. Paszkiewicz frequently spoke of religion in class.

Yet Mr. LaClair said Matthew knew nothing of this.  So there goes the fact that this wasn't pre-meditated.

Debra, Paul, and Matthew.  Please don’t consider yourself courageous. 

Matthew said that everything he ( Mr. Paszkiewicz ) did was completely out of line.   

Giggling as Matthew he did today during this as he said he is starting to think about being a Lawyer.  I could not believe what I heard here today. 

Tort claims and civil actions.  Take Matthew concerns seriously? I do not think so.  It’s about time to stand up for student rights and not just Matthews.

We have to protect the LaClairs?  From what? Their own army of lawyers?

Please I know my child is not going to praise Matthew.  Just as Matthew is supposed to be strong willed, I am asking my child to stand up for what their beliefs are as well. 

I urge all other students and parents to do the same.

The ACLU, that wonderful radical left group that also represents organizations such as NAMBLA ( North American Man Boy Association), which advocates having sex with children, is coming to Kearny. My question to Paul is obvious; why would you want the ACLU to represent you ?? I would think you would be disgusted by their client list.

The ACLU,  that wonderful radical left group that also represents organizations such as NAMBLA ( North American Man Boy Association), which advocates having sex with children, is coming to Kearny. My question to Paul is obvious; why would you want the ACLU to represent you ?? I would think you would be disgusted by their client list.

It doesn't matter who their other clients are. Look, "Patriot," you're not fooling anyone. You just don't like what's happening.

It doesn't matter who their other clients are. Look, "Patriot," you're not fooling anyone. You just don't like what's happening.

Nope he doesn't. And all his other arguments about being a CHRISTIAN NATION are falling away. All he has left is his hatred and bigotry now.

Perhaps he's a closet homosexual. That would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Guest Patriot

"It doesn't matter who their other clients are" ??? The ACLU represents NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association), an organization that supports the rape of children, and it doesn't matter to you ??? The fact that you would accept representation from the ACLU tells me a lot about you. And the fact that you don't object to sharing space on their client list with NAMBLA is just disgusting. Is Matthew aware of NAMBLA ?? If not, why not explain to your son the type of people also being represented by the ACLU, I'm sure your son would be proud of you.

"It doesn't matter who their other clients are" ???  The ACLU represents NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association), an organization that supports the rape of children, and it doesn't matter to you ???

The ACLU does not advocate adult/child sex--it advocated NAMBLA's right to free speech. Everyone with a working brain is aware of this. The ACLU has also defended the rights of several Christians in the past. Does that mean the ACLU is a Christian orgnanization too? Your logic is ridiculous--then again, so are you.

The fact that you would accept representation from the ACLU tells me a lot about you. And the fact that you don't object to sharing space on their client list with NAMBLA is just disgusting. Is Matthew aware of NAMBLA ??  If not, why not explain to your son the type of people also being represented by the ACLU, I'm sure your son would be proud of you.

I am sure Matthew is far more aware of most things than you are.

"It doesn't matter who their other clients are" ???  The ACLU represents NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association), an organization that supports the rape of children, and it doesn't matter to you ???  The fact that you would accept representation from the ACLU tells me a lot about you. And the fact that you don't object to sharing space on their client list with NAMBLA is just disgusting. Is Matthew aware of NAMBLA ??  If not, why not explain to your son the type of people also being represented by the ACLU, I'm sure your son would be proud of you.

The ACLU also represents YOU, moron. Of course, you believe that dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark, so intelligence doesn't count for much.

But the ACLU protects YOU from totalitarianism. Although you are fan of totalitarianism, most normal people aren't.

Oh, in case you need to know what totalitarianism means, your dictionary is holding open your window.

Paul, were you able to see your son's face expression while he was speaking. He needs more trainning. His acting skills are not good...The ending was funny. "I didn't want to do this, but you made me... I am sorry" With that cry baby face. So funny!

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
"It doesn't matter who their other clients are" ???  The ACLU represents NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association), an organization that supports the rape of children, and it doesn't matter to you ???  The fact that you would accept representation from the ACLU tells me a lot about you. And the fact that you don't object to sharing space on their client list with NAMBLA is just disgusting. Is Matthew aware of NAMBLA ??  If not, why not explain to your son the type of people also being represented by the ACLU, I'm sure your son would be proud of you.

Ok, when I call you ignorant don't take it personally. It only means that you don't know any better. I don't like murderers or child molesters anymore than you do and I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find anyone in this forum who feels otherwise. One of the great things about our system of law, provided that it's working correctly and hasn't been corrupted by bigots and the intolerant is that EVERYONE has a right to legal representation. The fact that NAMBLA is disgusting is a non issue. If you had things your way it is entirely possible that if you ever found yourself in a serious legal situation that you may be denied council simply because no one likes you. The latter being no surprise to anyone who has ever read one of your post. Picture yourself sitting in a jail cell with absolutley no recourse because we no longer have due process of law. Something which you apparently advocate. I don't like all the hostile, intolerant crap that you smear all over this forum, yet the irony is that I'll rabidly defend your right to do so.

Patriot? I think not.

Guest bewildered

http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/protest/11289prs20000831.html

They have also supported Rush Limbaugh. Under the First Amendment everyone has free speech.

The ACLU does not have the power to change or enforce laws. All of the court cases in which the ACLU's side won, it was the decision of a judge that settle the issue.

I'm curious why you are so familiar with and concerned about NAMBLA.

So let's get you on record once and for all, so-called "Patriot"...

Are you saying that NAMBLA does NOT deeserve Constitutional rights, like freedom of speech, the press, and the right to legal representation? Go ahead, stake your claim... state once and for all that someone you personally dislike therefore doesn't deserve any rights. And forever forfeit your right to claim the name "patriot."

Because that's really what you're complaining about. The ACLU defends the free-speech rights of ANYONE, on ANY cause or issue. Yes, even fundamentalist morons. There's nothing more patriotic or American than that.

Guest Patriot and
So let's get you on record once and for all, so-called "Patriot"...

Are you saying that NAMBLA does NOT deeserve Constitutional rights, like freedom of speech, the press, and the right to legal representation? Go ahead, stake your claim... state once and for all that someone you personally dislike therefore doesn't deserve any rights. And forever forfeit your right to claim the name "patriot."

Because that's really what you're complaining about. The ACLU defends the free-speech rights of ANYONE, on ANY cause or issue. Yes, even fundamentalist morons. There's nothing more patriotic or American than that.

NAMBLA "deeserves" to be in prison and I wouldn't associate with that disgusting organization. And I certainly wouldn't take any pro bono charity from the ACLU, I would treat them as a disease to be avoided.

It doesn't surprise me the the Loony Left is so concerned about the constitutional "rights" of NAMBLA, and it really doesn't surprise me that Paul would choose to associate with the ACLU, it just shows a persons moral priorities.

Guest Curious in VA
Here go my tax dollars.  The ACLU is suing the Kearny Board of Education over the David Packiewicz matter.

Thank you Mr. Mooney and Mr. Lindenfelser.  Great job.  Is Lindenfelser going to hired to defend the lawsuit making more money on this controversy. 

Is Mooney now convinced that this one is not going to be swept under the rug?

I apologize for quoting the first post on this thread, but I wanted to address a theme I have seen throughout the board as this story has developed. It appears that many people hold the Board of Education (BOE) responsible for "not reacting appropriately" to the requests of the LaClair family. It appears to me that the BOE has stated that they reprimanded the teacher, agreed to hold a teacher in-service about the situation, implemented a new policy of "no taping", and reiterated that the Board fully supports the separation of church and state/religion and education.

Legally, what more can they do publicly? Can they fire a tenured teacher without following a process? Can they legally divulge how the teacher was reprimanded or corrected? Can they legally state how closely monitored the tenured teacher is or how often the teacher is observed? Can they force a teacher to apologize? How quickly can the BOE move or is it similar to the tort process, which was referenced on KOTW, where there is a timeframe that dictates the action/reaction to the situation?

I am not suggesting they are without fault in how this situation was handled, but merely stating what I have seen and read, and posing a question. People are stating how horrible the BOE has handled the situation, but what can the BOE legally do to appease the public and the LaClair family?

With all the references the law and the Constitution, I hope that people would be able to guide me to the understanding of what the BOE can legally do to address the situation.

Thank you

Guest bewildered
NAMBLA "deeserves" to be in prison and I wouldn't associate with that disgusting organization. And I certainly wouldn't take any pro bono charity from the ACLU, I would treat them as a disease to be avoided.

It doesn't surprise me the the Loony Left is so concerned about the constitutional  "rights" of NAMBLA, and it really doesn't surprise me that Paul would choose to associate with the ACLU, it just shows a persons moral priorities.

Tell me, PatRat, what other groups should be put in prison without a trial and denied other rights guaranteed by our constitution? I shudder to think that people like you are in control of our government.

I apologize for quoting the first post on this thread, but I wanted to address a theme I have seen throughout the board as this story has developed.  It appears that many people hold the Board of Education (BOE) responsible for "not reacting appropriately" to the requests of the LaClair family. It appears to me that the BOE has stated that they reprimanded the teacher, agreed to hold a teacher in-service about the situation, implemented a new policy of "no taping", and reiterated that the Board fully supports the separation of church and state/religion and education. 

Legally, what more can they do publicly?  Can they fire a tenured teacher without following a process? Can they legally divulge how the teacher was reprimanded or corrected?  Can they legally state how closely monitored the tenured teacher is or how often the teacher is observed?  Can they force a teacher to apologize?  How quickly can the BOE move or is it similar to the tort process, which was referenced on KOTW, where there is a timeframe that dictates the action/reaction to the situation?

I am not suggesting they are without fault in how this situation was handled, but merely stating what I have seen and read, and posing a question.  People are stating how horrible the BOE has handled the situation, but what can the BOE legally do to appease the public and the LaClair family?

With all the references the law and the Constitution, I hope that people would be able to guide me to the understanding of what the BOE can legally do to address the situation.

Thank you

They can, and they should, put together school-wide assemblies (1) to educate students on the First Amendment and (2) to correct Mr. Paszkiewicz's mis-statements regarding the science of evolution and the big bang. I've said that from the beginning. This is a wonderful opportunity for teaching and learning. A problem is also an opportunity for growth.

They should also stand behind their student, as well as their teacher.

It doesn't surprise me the the Loony Left is so concerned about the constitutional  "rights" of NAMBLA, and it really doesn't surprise me that Paul would choose to associate with the ACLU, it just shows a persons moral priorities.

Rush Limbaugh chose to be associated with the ACLU. Do you feel the same way about him?

So close! You're almost there, "patriot." You've said that NAMBLA deserves to be in prison for their positions, and you put their "rights" in sarcastic quotes.

Just oooone more tiny step... go ahead and say that "NAMBLA doesn't deserve any Constitutional rights because I don't like 'em." Say it! Go ahead and spit on the Constitution you claim to love and reveal your sick hypocrisy for all to see!

Just answer the question, "patriot:" Does NAMBLA have Constitutional rights, or don't they?

Guest Steve_C
ACLU STAY OUT OF KEARNY!!!!  OR BETTER YET STAY OUT OF AMERICA ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN THE TUBE!!!

Dimwit.

How? By protecting all American's Civil Liberties?

How would the ACLU bring america down exactly?

Social conservatives are destroying this country.

"ACLU STAY OUT OF KEARNY!!!! OR BETTER YET STAY OUT OF AMERICA ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN THE TUBE!!!"

Kelly, what on earth are you talking about? Is everyone in Kearny this biased? (and ignorant of forum etiquette and grammar to boot?)

I mean seriously, listen to yourselves. Not only do you not provide any evidence for your claim, but it is clearly based on what you WANT, and not what the law REQUIRES.

The theme I keep seeing here is sickening. Everyone in Kearny is defending Mr. P simply because they personally like what he said. If he were a Muslim, he would either be fired, run out of town, or lynched; or maybe all three. This is exactly the situation that we hoped to avoid by making our government neutral with respect to religion.

I would like to remind the Board of Education in Kearny about the fate of their colleagues in Dover. You WILL be held accountable for your actions, or lack thereof, either by the voters or Federal judges if said voters decide that their personal religious opinions trump the Constitution.

I apologize for quoting the first post on this thread, but I wanted to address a theme I have seen throughout the board as this story has developed.  It appears that many people hold the Board of Education (BOE) responsible for "not reacting appropriately" to the requests of the LaClair family. It appears to me that the BOE has stated that they reprimanded the teacher, agreed to hold a teacher in-service about the situation, implemented a new policy of "no taping", and reiterated that the Board fully supports the separation of church and state/religion and education. 

Legally, what more can they do publicly?  Can they fire a tenured teacher without following a process? Can they legally divulge how the teacher was reprimanded or corrected?  Can they legally state how closely monitored the tenured teacher is or how often the teacher is observed?  Can they force a teacher to apologize?  How quickly can the BOE move or is it similar to the tort process, which was referenced on KOTW, where there is a timeframe that dictates the action/reaction to the situation?

I am not suggesting they are without fault in how this situation was handled, but merely stating what I have seen and read, and posing a question.  People are stating how horrible the BOE has handled the situation, but what can the BOE legally do to appease the public and the LaClair family?

Thank you

I think what most people are complaining about here is that the BoE simply tried to sweep it under the rug. This is a very serious infraction and deserves more than a slap on the wrist even for a "tenured" teacher. I can't claim to know how all the bureaucracy works, but a lot of people would like the impression that the BoE WANTS to uphold the law, instead of trying to see, hear, and speak no evil.

NAMBLA does not deserve Constitutional rights because child molestation is illegal. The ACLU also defended that the distribution of child pornography be legal (New York Vs Ferber). They said the production is criminal but not the distribution, however requiring movie producers to keep a record of the performer’s ages was a violation of privacy. The ACLU also defended Jay Bennish, a 10th grade geography teacher from Colorado. He was recorded ranting in class comparing George Bush and the United States to Adolph Hitler. He also made anti Semitic remarks about Israel and justified the 911 attacks. The ACLU defended him that it was his right to free speech and his right to privacy was violated. Liberal hypocrisy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bennish

"ACLU STAY OUT OF KEARNY!!!! OR BETTER YET STAY OUT OF AMERICA ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN THE TUBE!!!"

Kelly, what on earth are you talking about? Is everyone in Kearny this biased? (and ignorant of forum etiquette and grammar to boot?)

No, damnit. A shocking number of them apparently are, but at least I'm one Kearnian who isn't.

I mean seriously, listen to yourselves. Not only do you not provide any evidence for your claim, but it is clearly based on what you WANT, and not what the law REQUIRES.

The theme I keep seeing here is sickening. Everyone in Kearny is defending Mr. P simply because they personally like what he said. If he were a Muslim, he would either be fired, run out of town, or lynched; or maybe all three. This is exactly the situation that we hoped to avoid by making our government neutral with respect to religion.

I would like to remind the Board of Education in Kearny about the fate of their colleagues in Dover. You WILL be held accountable for your actions, or lack thereof, either by the voters or Federal judges if said voters decide that their personal religious opinions trump the Constitution.

<_<

NAMBLA does not deserve Constitutional rights because child molestation is illegal.

Oh, okay. So if I were to say that I was for the legalization of driving without seat belts, I would no longer deserve Constitutional rights because driving without seat belts is illegal? How stupid can you be, seriously? Do you read what you type?