Broken Promises

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I want everyone to think back to when Mayor Al first ran for Mayor. One promise of his was to settle municipal employees' contracts.

Why, then, am I reading about fireman being 3 years without a contract, officers for 4 years, and currently no contracts for the Police or Public Works employees?

Some Santos apologist will blame the unions, but certainly they can't ALL be unreasonable. When I see a fundamental problem, I like to search for the common thread.

What say you . . . . . King Al and Jester D'Arco?

Guest CONTRACT
I want everyone to think back to when Mayor Al first ran for Mayor. One promise of his was to settle municipal employees' contracts.

Why, then, am I reading about fireman being 3 years without a contract, officers for 4 years, and currently no contracts for the Police or Public Works employees?

Some Santos apologist will blame the unions, but certainly they can't ALL be unreasonable. When I see a fundamental problem, I like to search for the common thread.

What say you . . . . . King Al and Jester D'Arco?

:D No contract yet for the officers of the Kfd :angry:

Guest Union Guy

Why don't the employees and the KFD take on King Al. They can start by backing the two capitates for council seats in this June Primary. You may not be able to knock down the king with one blow, but if you chip away at his foundation (town council) sooner or later his kingdom crumble.

My councilwoman is going uncontested, so my vote will be to not vote at all. But the two wards that do have a challenge, you should do the right thing, contact the candidates and back them. If you show King Al that you are unified and not afraid of him by openly backing his opposition, you will gain a lot of ground.

Thats what unions are all about, stick together and you will get a lot more.

Guest something to think about

I'm sure that most of the union employees are aware that the power of unity is a tried and true wepon in the political arena. But I'm sure they fear for there jobs. Right now the non uniformed group is wondering how long until their entire dept. is contracted out. The presant administration has been good at dividing the work force by giving to one group and cutting back on the other. So you would be hard pressed to count on town workers for backing or support. It's unfortunate that in america one has to be so afraid. :D

Archived