Saving Gas

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I WOULD SUGGEST THE TOWN SAVE MONEY BY USING MORE WALKING MEN. GAS PRICES ARE HIGHER EVERYDAY. WALKING MEN SHOULD INCLUDE PATROLMEN, SERGEANTS, AND LIEUTENENTS ON EVERY SHIFT. THE ONLY TIME ANY RESIDENTS GET TO SEE A SUPERVISOR IS WHEN THEY ARE DRIVING BY IN A POLICE CAR STARING STRAIGHT AHEAD. THE LONG-TIME CITIZENS/VOTERS WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE BOSSES WALKING AND INTERACTING WITH THE RESIDENTS OR ON THE CORNER TO GREET US FOR SUNDAY MASS. THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM WITH THE POLICE DEPT. ONCE YOU BECOME A SUPERVISOR, YOU NO LONGER CARE ABOUT THE CITIZENS, OR AS WE FEEL, THE "LOWER" PEOPLE IN THE TOWN. YOU SOMETIMES GIVE THE FEELING THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE, AND YOU DO NOT EVEN LIVE HERE. CHIEF TRUCILLO WALKS ALL AROUND AND IS VERY FRIENDLY AND CHATS WITH THE RESIDENTS. CHIEF GREENE WALKED ALL OVER TOWN. ITS ABOUT TIME THE SERGEANTS, LIEUTENETS, AND CAPTAINS GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE AND AND TAKE TIME TO SPEAK WITH THE RESIDENTS AND MERCHANTS. IF IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE CHIEF, WHY NOT EVERYONE ELSE. IT WOULD BRING THE COMMUNITY CLOSER TOGETHER WHEN IF SOMEONE SPEAKS THE NAME OF A SUPERVISOR THEY CAN ACTUALLY PUT A FACE OR A VOICE TO THE NAME. SIMPLE ACTS OF KINDNESS SUCH AS THIS OFTEN BRING ABOUT DRAMATIC RESULTS.

Guest Guest

I agree. At the same time we can identify the area's where parking violations occur and have summons issued. Parking is a problem in town, but parking violator's become a larger problem/danger to pedestrians. The summons revenue would help the towns deficit. This way supervisor's can not say they did not see the violations and will have to send patrolman to enforce these laws. Bravo....

Guest Guest

Both Chief Trucillo and retired Chief Greene were a credit to the HPD. You could often see them walking around Town and conversing with the residents and the business owners. They loved Harrison and were long-time residents. I think there should be more walking beats an less motorized patrol. The use of foot patrol and bicycles is a time honored tradition which brings the police closer to the public.

The PBA, under the leadership of its president, has alienated most of the residents of Harrison. But all Police Officers must not be blamed. There is a core group of antagonists that regularly attend PBA meetings and plot against the Town Fathers and Police Administrators. They have been identified.The majority of Officers try to do a good job, but are mocked and ostrazied by this core group of miscreants.

The Mayor and the Police Chairman are responsible for the problems of the Police Department by not backing the Police Chief and using their office to undermine the Chief and overturn discipline. Their actions have empowered the leaders of the PBA to terrorize the citizens of Harrison.

The citizens of Harrison should petition the County Prosecutor to take over the day to day operations of the PD until order can be restored.

Guest Living in town

I saw they bring back the rule where you must live in town to be a police officer that way the police take more interest and concern as to what goes on in this town other then seeing their job as a paycheck!

Guest Guest
I WOULD SUGGEST THE TOWN SAVE MONEY BY USING MORE WALKING MEN. GAS PRICES ARE HIGHER EVERYDAY. WALKING MEN SHOULD INCLUDE PATROLMEN, SERGEANTS, AND LIEUTENENTS ON EVERY SHIFT. THE ONLY TIME ANY RESIDENTS GET TO SEE A SUPERVISOR IS WHEN THEY ARE DRIVING BY IN A POLICE CAR STARING STRAIGHT AHEAD. THE LONG-TIME CITIZENS/VOTERS WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE BOSSES WALKING AND INTERACTING WITH THE RESIDENTS OR ON THE CORNER TO GREET US FOR SUNDAY MASS. THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM WITH THE POLICE DEPT. ONCE YOU BECOME A SUPERVISOR, YOU NO LONGER CARE ABOUT THE CITIZENS, OR AS WE FEEL, THE "LOWER" PEOPLE IN THE TOWN. YOU SOMETIMES GIVE THE FEELING THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE, AND YOU DO NOT EVEN LIVE HERE. CHIEF TRUCILLO WALKS ALL AROUND AND IS VERY FRIENDLY AND CHATS WITH THE RESIDENTS. CHIEF GREENE WALKED ALL OVER TOWN. ITS ABOUT TIME THE SERGEANTS, LIEUTENETS, AND CAPTAINS GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE AND AND TAKE TIME TO SPEAK WITH THE RESIDENTS AND MERCHANTS. IF IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE CHIEF, WHY NOT EVERYONE ELSE. IT WOULD BRING THE COMMUNITY CLOSER TOGETHER WHEN IF SOMEONE SPEAKS THE NAME OF A SUPERVISOR THEY CAN ACTUALLY PUT A FACE OR A VOICE TO THE NAME. SIMPLE ACTS OF KINDNESS SUCH AS THIS OFTEN BRING ABOUT DRAMATIC RESULTS.

To bad because you have to walk.... Wah Wah Wah. You guys are really a bunch of crybabys. GO BACK TO THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT YOU AINT FROM THIS TOWN. PUNK.

Guest Guest

This is the best and most intelligent topic I have yet to see on this froum. Its a great idea for the longtime residents. More helpfull ideas such as this will move the town forward.

Guest Guest

it's nice to think of harrison residents in our police and fire depts. , but i don't think that you are aware of court case thar we lost to the n.a.a.c.p a few years ago that requires all employment openings must be approve through them , and must be advertised in other towns and cities that have minorities seeking employment in these fields.

Guest Guest

When was the last time the town advertised any job opening? Get real, they do as the please, but once in a while they get caught. Does the Mayor getting caught in a huge lie ring a bell? According the DCA he is full of SH*T

Guest Guest
Both Chief Trucillo and retired Chief Greene were a credit to the HPD. You could often see them walking around Town and conversing with the residents and the business owners. They loved Harrison and were long-time residents. I think there should be more walking beats an less motorized patrol. The use of foot patrol and bicycles is a time honored tradition which brings the police closer to the public.

The PBA, under the leadership of its president, has alienated most of the residents of Harrison. But all Police Officers must not be blamed. There is a core group of antagonists that regularly attend PBA meetings and plot against the Town Fathers and Police Administrators. They have been identified.The majority of Officers try to do a good job, but are mocked and ostrazied by this core group of miscreants.

The Mayor and the Police Chairman are responsible for the problems of the Police Department by not backing the Police Chief and using their office to undermine the Chief and overturn discipline. Their actions have empowered the leaders of the PBA to terrorize the citizens of Harrison.

The citizens of Harrison should petition the County Prosecutor to take over the day to day operations of the PD until order can be restored.

The only reason Greene walked down the 500 block of Harrison Avenue. Was because everytime he drove on that block, he had a flashback to Feb. of 1960.

Guest nostalgia

The only reason Greene walked down the 500 block of Harrison Avenue. Was because everytime he drove on that block, he had a flashback to Feb. of 1960

Didn't FER whack someone in the sixties with his car? I don't quite remember the story.

Guest Guest

Whether it's true or not - it's not your truth to tell. So, unless you have something profound or factual, I would suggest leaving the personal feelings aside. Since you have nothing factual or professionally based you need to use the hardships of a man's personal life. Must be PBA. (Policeman's Babysitting Association). Babysitting each other that is. :(:)

Archived