$250 Plus Kearny School Tax Increase

Guest Had Enough

Guest person one

Change what? you'll still pay the same tax rate with new people elected to the board. Please don't waste your time and energy. Spend more time with your children, "if you really care". Time waits for no one! Don't waste time with things that will never be changed. Think about it. How much have things changed in the last twelve years. The town and the board are back to business as usual. B)

Guest Guest
If it's true, it's time to move.

Time to Call Kearny movers. :)

I hope this helps you. Have a nice day

Kearny Moving Van Co

91 Quincy Ave,

Kearny, NJ

(201) 991-8479

Guest Guest

If you are really worried about $250 then you should really do the math. That is $20.84 a month. That is probably less than you spend on your phone each month. If you are not willing to pass the budget over such a small amount each month than there is obviously a problem. All the money you spend or don't spend today on education will come back to you 100 times over in the future, because you will be educating the children who will be making decisions for you in your old age. If you are willing to spend more on your phone then on our children then society has let all the young people go down the drain.

Guest stop all ready
If you are willing to spend more on your phone then on our children then society has let all the young people go down the drain.

By the time we reach our golden years we will be living under a bridge or in a tent. Every year the budget increases and "WE" the voters knock it down. One woud think maybe people are sending a message to those in charge,"That your killing us" But every year it increases. But not to worry the mayor and council will give you the money as they do every year. So eventually I won't have a house for my phone. And lets be honest it's never really about the children it's all about money. Follow it sometime. See where it go's. :)

Guest Guest
If you are really worried about $250 then you should really do the math. That is $20.84 a month. That is probably less than you spend on your phone each month. If you are not willing to pass the budget over such a small amount each month than there is obviously a problem. All the money you spend or don't spend today on education will come back to you 100 times over in the future, because you will be educating the children who will be making decisions for you in your old age. If you are willing to spend more on your phone then on our children then society has let all the young people go down the drain.

Even my phone bill doesn't go up each and every year. It's the same every year. This isn't about the kids.

Guest Guest 99

I highly doubt that. Go to your check book and come back and tell us if your phone cost the same today as April, 2003. Be honest now. <_<

Guest guest 2010
I highly doubt that. Go to your check book and come back and tell us if your phone cost the same today as April, 2003. Be honest now. <_<

But I have the option to cancel my phone service. Now lets really be honest is this about phones. ;)

Guest Guest 99
I highly doubt that. Go to your check book and come back and tell us if your phone cost the same today as April, 2003. Be honest now.  ;)

But I have the option to cancel my phone service. Now lets really be honest is this about phones. ;)

No, it's about inflation. Overall, the cost of everything goes up annually, even for BOE. Salaries, repairs, insurance, even mops cost more this year than last. If you want a good education for the children, in a clean, safe environment, you must pay for it.

People seem to have the attitude that BOE members run for office solely for the right to spend other peoples money. Yet no one, NO ONE, has the time, energy or willingness to speak up in public. Not happy with the situation? Don't complain here. Get off you butt, stand in front of those you despise so much and tell them face to face how you feel. <_<

Guest guest 2010

Tell us how you really feel! Yea it's about inflation, The entire budget is inflated with waste. And I think you know that. Just follow the money and see where the trail leads, maybe we'll see purchase orders for over priced mops. <_<

Guest Guest 99
Tell us how you really feel! Yea it's about inflation, The entire budget is inflated with waste. And I think you know that. Just follow the money and see where the trail leads, maybe we'll see purchase orders for over priced mops. :P

I have all the confidence in the world that you haven't read the budget, so your statement is nothing but a S.W.A.G. :lol:

If I am wrong, though, please educate us and tell us what line items are "inflated with waste". :lol:

I will not proceed line by line, but will offer one observation. ADMINISTRATORS!!!!

The problem is not supplies, or teachers salaries, or programs for the children. The school budget is inflated because of the incredible beauracratic hierarchy, which is very greatly a political process anyway. If these administrators were to hold dual positions, where they at least still taught a few classes each day, then perhaps their salaries could be justified.

Don't take my word for it though, talk to a teacher in public schools and see what they think. Parochial schools do not have such a discrepancy between administrators and faculty, and yet their cost per student is less. (As for quality of education, that is a personal preference that I have no right to judge on.)

Good luck with the rest of this debate.

Guest Guest

I bow to your intelligent response. We DO have too many administrators. The next logical question is, how many are mandated by the state but are not being placed in the "state mandate, state pay" category?

Guest Guest

Don't forget that BOE election is coming up. Even if your not voting for the people running, make sure you take a few minutes to vote on the budget.

Vote NO

Archived