Women vs Men and equal rights

Guest Traversit

Guest Traversit

Hello all on forums.kearnyontheweb.com! This is always a touchy subject for me and my boyfriend. He believes that women should not make as much as man if she is going to have to leave her job when she gets pregnant.

Now I agree I think its important to take off even after a baby is born and take care of your child, however, I dont see how we should be penalized for it.

Hello all on forums.kearnyontheweb.com! This is always a touchy subject for me and my boyfriend. He believes that women should not make as much as man if she is going to have to leave her job when she gets pregnant.

Now I agree I think its important to take off even after a baby is born and take care of your child, however, I dont see how we should be penalized for it.

An employee who does not need to be replaced periodically is worth more to the company. Additionally, it is likely that he or she increases in value to the company with additional experience.

The same standard should be applied equally, on the other hand.

If the man is taking off work to take care of the kids it should be no different than if the woman were to do so (both should forfeit in terms of length of service).

It's not a matter of equal rights in this case. It's a matter of equal free market treatment based on behavior.