The Mayor Always Blames Someone Else

Guest Harrisonian

Guest Harrisonian

The people of Harrison have been complaining about getting a lot of tickets lately. The Mayor, (The BOSS), the supposed to be elected Father of the town, has been enable to control the Police dept, Fire Dept, Public works nor the town council members. Every time a posItive rumor pops up, he takes credit for it. Every time someone in town does something positive for this town, he takes a photo and takes credit for it, but when something goes wrong like these tickets, he blames the police department. Because he is so ignorant, he tries to control the police department with intimidation, like he does to the town residents when things don't go his way.

In his stupidity in the press release he wrote himself to the OBSERVER

McDonough said in a statement released to the media on Friday. The release urges ticketed citizens with complaints to contact municipal Prosecutor Elizabeth T. McNamara at Harrison Town Hall.
The Mayor looks like he doesn't understand the law, It's not the town prosecutor job to take care of these problems, It's the Mayors office who has to offer the help to the people with affidateives, issued and notarized by his office, but because he is lazy and ignorant he passes the problems to someone else. What else is new??

What surprises me is the tickets the police dept. are issuing to the cars parking under the bridges of 280 on the streets of Sussex, Cross, Burgen....We understand that these tickets are issued because the law doesn't allow cars to be parked under the bridges because the fact that terrorist bombs can be hidden. But now, how do you explain the Mayor pushes people to park under the 280 under pass on Harrison ave & by Wendy's. Looks like this town is run by Abbot and Castello. You can park under the bridge that collects money from meters, but you can't park under any other bridge because it's against the law and doesn't line the Mayors pocket.

Another quote from the observer, that makes me wonder if this mayor has a clue what the hell he is doing.

"Harrison receives $3.5 million annually for local property tax relief under the Distressed Cities Act. DCA then reviews all personnel actions and has the power to veto any proposals," McDonough said in the statement. "If the town of Harrison violated the state decision, the $3.5 million tax relief payment would be terminated."QUOTE]

First of all There is no such 3.5 million dollars annually. In the beginning the state aid was 5 million dollars then it came down to 4.5 million, then 4 million and now this year 3.5 million. :blink: I can't believe he has no clue as to how much money this town received. He is right to say that the state demand no new hiring of people and no promotions, which he is doing now with the police department, but in the same time he is violating this demand from the state by hiring his friends & family members. Like New supervisor for PUBLIC WORKS, NEW EMPLOYEES who did personal favors for him and his nephew!

If we are a distress city, by the state of New Jersey and we need the help of the state, to cover our expenses, even when the taxes go up every year, WHY DID HE BUY TWO NEW TRUCKS AND A NEW SNOW MELTING MACHINE AND ON TOP OF THAT, HE PRIVITISES THE COLLECTION OF GARBAGE, THE COLLECTION OF RECYCLE AND THE COLLECTION OF BULK!!!! What are our town employees going to do now? What are we going to do with all our equipment? What are we going to do with the 2 new trucks he purchased? and Why do we have to pay out of the town companies and out of the town workers for the services Harrison resident employees have done for the past 160 years??????

FOR 160 YEARS HARRISON WAS KNOWN AS THE BEHIVE OF INDUSTRIES, BUT THE MAYOR HAS GIVEN THE HONEY AWAY TO OUTSIDERS & FRIENDS!!!

Guest Guest
If we are a distress city, by the state of New Jersey and we need the help of the state, to cover our expenses, even when the taxes go up every year, WHY DID HE BUY TWO NEW TRUCKS AND A NEW SNOW MELTING MACHINE AND ON TOP OF THAT, HE PRIVITISES THE COLLECTION OF GARBAGE, THE COLLECTION OF RECYCLE AND THE COLLECTION OF BULK!!!! What are our town employees going to do now? What are we going to do with all our equipment? What are we going to do with the 2 new trucks he purchased? and Why do we have to pay out of the town companies and out of the town workers for the services Harrison resident employees have done for the past 160 years??????

FOR 160 YEARS HARRISON WAS KNOWN AS THE BEHIVE OF INDUSTRIES, BUT THE MAYOR HAS GIVEN THE HONEY AWAY TO OUTSIDERS & FRIENDS!!!

hey buddy they purchased more then two new trucks, they have at least four to five. What I don't understand is why PRIVATIZE ALL THESE POSITIONS, KEEP HARRISONIANS WORKING IN THEIR OWN TOWN!! The street department is the department that helped this mayor the most during election time, maybe that's why the have a cushion job now. Nice pay with no work, until they get laid off.

This mayor makes me sick :blink:

Guest Guest

i like the fact that the 'new' ,'old' garbage company that now collects everything has very few people doing so. the garbage sits on the curb untill late in the afternoon attracting all kinds of rats. i definately want to buy a house in town after i see all the garbage collecting at the curb all day long. :blink:

I started this topic. I decided to register my name as Robin Hood. I am dedicated to help the poor and take the Mask off the rich thieves!

Who is the mayor going to blame when the senior citizens and the needy families in this town, have to go to the county in Jersey City to get help. This is the result of creating positions and jobs for his friends and family members to become wealthy by saving money, sacrificing the board of health by removing it. Removing the board of health department not only takes away jobs that can be given to Harrisonians, but makes the seniors go to Jersey City for medical assistant (blood screening) social assistance (clothing, money for rent), professional nurses......It is also going to hurt our local business, the few we have left.

I got a solution, Mayor, get rid of you outside friends and the waste of money. Return these revenues to the town of Harrison! and keep the Harrisonians working.

The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Guest ha ha ha ha

:o:D:):D

NO PROMOTIONS........DEAL WITH IT

NO PROMOTIONS........GET ON THE CORNER

NO PROMOTIONS........BE IN LINE- UP ON TIME

NO PROMOTIONS........$2500 - $3000 STUDY GROUP DOWN THE DRAIN

NO PROMOTIONS........DUE AS YOUR TOLD

NO PROMOTIONS........FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS

NO PROMOTIONS........YOU CAUSED THIS YOURSELF AND EVRYONE IS LAUGHING 

Get over it already :P:D:):D:P:)

NEXT :lol::P:lol:

Guest Robin Hood_Guest

Well, I guess James Doran had a teacher. He learned that the Mayor always blames someone else and now he is doing the same. It proves that this government body has no morals, loyalty, respect or principles. When the problems come they blame each other. James are you honestly telling me that a resolution was passed and you never noticed it? With you as the commissioner? not to say a councilman. Maybe, I do believe you James, this mayor is such a professional Liar, that he told the newspapers that a resolution was passed with the consent of the council and never really was.

I am dedicated to help the poor and take the Mask off the rich thieves!

Guest Guest
  Harrison might be a fast sinking ship, but look at who is at the helm.    Gilligan (Mayor), the skipper too (powell), the millionaire (Robert Murray)and his wife.......the movie star (Robert DeNiro), the professor(Pete Higgins) and maryann(Jim Doran)     

I still love Harrison, and want to change this captain!!

I love it

Guest Guest

The Mayor didn't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The people, who attended the meeting, including the media, didn't hear him well. He said he was waiting to hear from DCA.

and ps the Observer Reporter better be careful, because as soon as ********** ****** *** ****** ******** ** ** ** *** ** ***** ******* ********, if he has the energy left that is.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for inappropriate content.

The Mayor didn't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The people, who attended the meeting, including the media, didn't hear him well. He said he was waiting to hear from DCA.

and ps the Observer Reporter better be careful, because as soon as ********** ****** *** ****** ******** ** ** ** *** ** ***** ******* ********, if he has the energy left that is.

Wow Tommy, calm down,calmn down.. he lied.. nothing you can say or do about it..

Guest Guest
There has been a Job freeze since 1999 or 2000, since the town of Harrison became a distress town and received money from the state. It was part of the deal that the state made with the Mayor. I can't wait to see the state investigation, because there have been many new friends hired!!!!
I only wish the DCA knew the extensive list of people hired after we became a distress city and all the un-necessary equipment and cars/ trucks Harrison and this mayor have purchased

Guest Guest
, but regardless watch it because what I heard, is that the Mayor has it out for the police commissioner Doran. I think it's because the mayor thinks that Doran is going to run for mayor. He better watch out. The mayor can pull a Milan on Doran . The mayor is trying to keep everyone happy so they'll believe his lies again, then hill try to cut Dorans legs of and embarrass him like he did with Milan. 
What?? this mayor does nothing but intimidate. Don't stand in his way of making money!! F**K him Doran. :D

Archived