Harrison Streets Disgraceful

Harrison1

Agree, streets as dirty and filthy as ever. People not all to blame as watch the garbage collectors drag the containers to the truck in the middle of the street during pickup. They miss the truck half the time. Also the trucks leak and are dirty.

As for the people, check the trash in the morning and tell me how many people adhere to recycling rules. Shit is all over, and yes it is disgusting!!!!!!

Papers unwrapped flying all over....glass/can/plastic containers overflowing and filled with cardboard. This in front of newer and older homes.

Check Wendys' in the morning.

Time to ticket and stop worrying about pissing people off.

This is a definite reflection of mayor and council. Something very easy to fix.

Guest Harrison Ok
The streets weren't that bad and they were cleaning them before 8;00 a.m. - yeah right away Kearny and North Arlington cleaned their streets - you have to be joking - I no many people that live in these towns and their streets never get cleaned - so stop trying to start problems.  It was smart thinking why pay overtime for that cleanup - the streets were up and ready by 8:00 - 8:30 - so go back to where you live - I glad they trying to save us taxpayers some money -

Ha Ha yeah got your finger on the pulse you do......

For those of us who work and need to leave earlier (we can't all be employed here), it would have been nice to come out and see that a decent effort was made to get the streets clean. I managed like everyone else. The guy who ran into the back of my car obviously could not. After all as he stated, " the street was clean just back there". Why should he slow down when the street wasn't clean, he must have been running late. That's a topic for another forum discussion. However if you were paying attention, Mr. Taxpayer, the complaint was that the street clean up was no where near what this town and it's workers usually accomplish. And yes, Kearny and NA streets were much much better - but usually it is the opposite.

WHY PAY OVERTIME? Do you really think you're saving money? Time to grab the loose change you saved and splurge on a light bulb for you have been in the dark far too long my friend. When that tax bill comes in the mail (late or not) does the little colored slip of paper usually included say, " Pay this whenever you get around to it "? I pay my taxes without a complaint - as long as I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Can someone answer me this ? y couldn't the town remove all the snow from Harrison Ave ? have u been up and down the ave ? its looks terrible ! makes u really wanna stop in a local store to buy something when u have to park on a mountain of ice , the store owners should be very angry and call the town and complain about this