Congrats! D/c Nankivell

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The citizens of Harrison are lucky to have a man such as Dan Nankivell in the position that he well deserves. All Officers should try to aspire to what he has accomplished. What a great move by the Mayor and Council. THE ELECTED OFFICIALS. The jealousy and outright anger of the PBA or whoever was next for promotion got just what they deserved, NOTHING. Your antics are a disgrace and to promote anyone who exhibits the type of behavior that you have would have been a huge mistake. Now get back on your post or Sgt. TB, who is now management, not a good buddy anymore, will surely assert his authority and discipline you.

Guest Guest

Let me tell you Sgt TB has a set of b*lls unlike you other freaks. He has integrity because he has earned it, not because the Mayor & Politicians want to promote him to some undeserved rank like D/C Dan. I can think of two other candidates that are more deserving, but when you s**k the mayors b*lls you get rewarded. MAYOR BRING IT ON, BECAUSE WE'LL BE COMING AFTER YOU THIS TIME NOT THE CHIEF. (HIDE YOUR SKELETONS)

Guest Guest

Maybe you didnt get promoted was that you didn't send your mommy to the Mayors house to beg for you. It is worth a shot, it has worked before.

Guest Guest

Boy you guys (Politicians) make me laugh, you will use anybody to fulfill you purpose. God you all bad mouthed the Nankivell's and now your their best friend. I guess you don't mind making deals with the Devil. Trust me Saddam Hussein fell fast so will you.

Guest Man up

Why do you think TB is such a bad person? Because he busted your BA!!S for ALWAYS being late? First VG was your enemy, then its TB. What’s next Aliens? You should take responsibility for your own actions and MAN UP.

Guest Piglet
The citizens of Harrison are lucky to have a man such as Dan Nankivell in the position that he well deserves. All Officers should try to aspire to what he has accomplished. What a great move by the Mayor and Council. THE ELECTED OFFICIALS. The jealousy and outright anger of the PBA or whoever was next for promotion got just what they deserved, NOTHING. Your antics are a disgrace and to promote anyone who exhibits the type of behavior that you have would have been a huge mistake. Now get back on your post or Sgt. TB, who is now management, not a good buddy anymore, will surely assert his authority and discipline you.

Get Off the soap box, don't you know you might fall and break something!!

Three Cheers for DANNY, yeah I mean only 3 cheers, come on we know who you are?

PS. Danny stop penning yor own press releases, let one of the other nitwits do it, we have fun trying to decipher their writings!

Guest Barney Fife

I thought the rank of DC of done away with a few years ago to save money. Why weren't other officers in the dept allowed to test for the position?

Guest One who remembers

Yes, you are someone special

Good morning.

I know something about you. You are inclined to at least dip into the editorial page and read those who agree with you as well as those who have a misguided view of the world. You read some of the letters that praise or criticize the actions of our government and officials. You are someone special. You are one of the preservers of our Bill of Rights.

Nearly half of our citizens believe the press has too much freedom. You can handle it.

The founders of our republic took it for granted that there must be unfettered freedom of speech and press in the new nation. Fifty years before the revolution, the publisher of the New York Weekly Journal defied the authorities by printing a sharp criticism of the Royal Governor. British law made any criticism of the crown, that is the government, a libelous offense. They threw John Peter Zenger in jail. His novel defense was that the criticisms were the truth. A colonial jury freed Zenger and an American free press was born.

When the founders took the new Constitution to the states for ratification, Virginia balked. Basic rights may have been assumed but Virginia wanted them spelled out. In pleading for ratification, James Madison promised that the first Congress would promulgate a Bill of Rights. He kept his word. The 145 words of the First Amendment stand as the fortress of our press freedoms:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The language is straight forward. Congress shall make no law.... Nevertheless the courts have written thousands of words both supporting and limiting those rights. The Constitution gives free rein to say and print much that gives offense. It does not shield the writers or speakers from having to defend themselves from someone who feels damaged. For public figures who seek office, or exercise economic or government power, the courts have held that a libel action must be based on knowing or reckless disregard for the truth. When it comes to the expression of opinion there is even more latitude.

The free exercise of discomforting views and opinion are essential to the preservation of democracy. Now in our third century, we have history's longest run as a representative democracy. The Athenian democracy of Demosthenes, Plato and Pericles, lasted barely a century. Voting power was in the hands of the minority of the population that was not foreign, slave or female. During the centuries between the early tribal kings and later imperial Caesars, the Roman Republic's power was exercised by an aristocratic band of senators who owed their position to heredity. The parliamentary gentry of 18th century England limited the absolute power of the monarchy but gave the ordinary citizen less recognition than was enjoyed by their American colonists.

Never has there been a successful democracy without freedom of speech and press. Where the press is free the tyranny of unrestrained power fails. Leaders from Washington to Madison suffered the discomfort of lies, accusations and vilification of the early partisan press without shifting their faith in press freedom as a check on the powers of government.

It takes all our vigilance to keep it free.

BY DEREK DUNN-RANKIN

I will soon be posting often, and many feelings will be hurt.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the history lesson ****off. Now go back to your political $ 100,000 + a year job. Also, no one gives a **** about your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
GOOD LUCK DAN FROM LAS VEGAS BILL LUCAS

Hey Bill you and your son ripped off the town of Harrison, you should keep your mouth shut! I'am glad the FBI will know where to find you!

Guest Bill Lucas

Why don't you mind your own business. I said it once I'll say it again. Jealousy will get you no where. BUT THEN AGAIN - YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT

Guest Guest
Why don't you mind your own business. I said it once I'll say it again. Jealousy will get you no where. BUT THEN AGAIN - YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT

You robbed this town, now we're stuck with a street light on every corner! Your son is a liar and a cheat too! I guess the heat was on, and you two had to run, huh! Come back and face the truth! I could never be jealous of you! Just look in the mirror! Who would want to be you?

Guest Guest
Why don't you mind your own business.  I said it once I'll say it again.  Jealousy will get you no where.  BUT THEN AGAIN - YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT

You robbed this town, now we're stuck with a street light on every corner! Your son is a liar and a cheat too! I guess the heat was on, and you two had to run, huh! Come back and face the truth! I could never be jealous of you! Just look in the mirror! Who would want to be you?

That shut you up huh!

Guest Guest
:angry: yeah, i sell out and then i pretend to care, isn't that right artie? feeling left out are you? your family can't stand you? gee wonder why? even though you got your family by marriage working @ pvsc and hpd. how special you feel now? whine about your parking situation yeah you do it's all on tape. did they walk too, like everything in hsn. not popular these days, won't come out and play w/ your butt buddies. karma?

Guest GROW HAIR
:angry: SGT.TB IT'S APPARENT YOU BEND OVER FOR JD ALL THE TIME, MOST OF YOUR TOURS ARE SPENT @ HIS HOUSE. DOING WHAT? NOT GROWING HAIR THAT'S FOR SURE. FACT, CAPT DN A GOOD LEADER, WHAT WEB SITE DID YOU BUY YOUR HSN HIGH DEGREE @ NO DOUBT CAPT DN GAVE YOU POINTERS ON THAT TOO, THAT'S WHERE HE BUYS HIS OWN. CHIEF JT YOUR ANOTHER MISFIT YOU YELLOW WEARING COWARD, ALL YOU DO IS RUN TO WENDY'S FOR FREE FOOD TO FEED YOUR GRANDKIDS, YEAH IT'S NICE TO BE CHIEF. THEN THERE'S YOUR NEPHEW CAPT CT TELL HIM TO BRUSH HIS CRUSTY TEETH HIS BREATH IS KICKIN'THEN THERE ARE THE SPECIAL PRETTY BOYS RIDING AROUND TOWN WITH OUT A CARE BUT TO PICK UP YOUNG GIRLS.NEVER TO BE OUT DONE BY THOSE WHO HIDE OUT AT MOM'S HOUSE OR THEIR OWN RIGHT ON THE AVENUE.YET SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE NERVE TO TALK. WHEN EVERYONE IS INDIRECTLY LINKED AT ONE POINT. FAMILIES HAVE GOTTEN THEY MEMBERS JOBS FOR YEARS,JUST LOOK AT THE KARAS AND KELLY'S. :angry: DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE WE ARE ALL AT FAULT, WE VOTE FOR THE NONSENSE TO CONTINUE YEAR AFTER YEAR. HELL LOOK AT THE GARDENS RESIDENTS ARE SOME WORTHY OF BEING THERE? CHECK THE INCOMES? THIS TOWN NEEDS THE STATE TO STEP IN AND FLUSH THE SHIT OUT, NO PLUMBING NEEDED HERE MR MAYOR,GET YOUR WIFE A NEW DO IT'S BEEN OUT DATED BY ABOUT A CENTURY. HIGGINS YOU SNAKE OF A BASTARD,KEEP SUCKING AWAY THE GOODS.NO REMEDY TO THIS ILLNESS.

Guest Guest

What about the Harrison High School teacher that lives in the gardens? I thought it was supposed to be according to federal guideline income standards. He lives alone on a great salary. How is that?

Guest YOU HAVE NO IDEA

HAVE GOTTEN THEY MEMBERS JOBS FOR YEARS,JUST LOOK AT THE KARAS AND KELLY'S. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE WE ARE ALL AT FAULT, WE VOTE FOR THE NONSENSE TO CONTINUE YEAR AFTER YEAR. HELL LOOK AT THE GARDENS RESIDENTS ARE SOME WORTHY OF BEING THERE? CHECK THE INCOMES? THIS TOWN NEEDS THE STATE TO STEP IN AND FLUSH THE SHIT OUT, NO PLUMBING NEEDED HERE MR MAYOR,GET YOUR WIFE A NEW DO IT'S BEEN OUT DATED BY ABOUT A CENTURY. HIGGINS YOU SNAKE OF A BASTARD,KEEP SUCKING AWAY THE GOODS.NO

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE THE KARAS FAMILY TO THE KELLYS.

Guest Mayor's People!!

So to live in the gardens your qualifications have to be that your related to a councilman or going out with one. Either that or have to be connected to the Mayor's People!!

Guest Movin on up to the Projects

How do I go about getting an apartment at The Harrison Projects, oops I mean Harrison Gardens? I make over $100,000.00 per year (I actually do work for my money I am not employed by the town) and my family has 7 votes in the town. Who do I call?

This must be one of the only places in the world where the projects are filled with who's who, and not people in need.

Guest Guest
How do I go about getting an apartment at The Harrison Projects, oops I mean Harrison Gardens? I make over $100,000.00 per year (I actually do work for my money I am not employed by the town) and my family has 7 votes in the town. Who do I call?

This must be one of the only places in the world where the projects are filled with who's who, and not people in need.

you're a dick! AAAAAA....Hole...

Guest Guest
What about the Harrison High School teacher that lives in the gardens? I thought it was supposed to be according to federal guideline income standards. He lives alone on a great salary. How is that?

What about the grammer school teacher that..... SXXXX's DXXK...

Oh... Hi Michele...

Archived