Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

Kearny Schools Poor Leadership are Discouraging Young Families to buy in Kearny?

Recommended Posts

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

Lets not lose site of where we are as a School District, Lets start with the High School Project It was mismanaged from the start and money that was wasted that resulted in the scaling down of the project in excess of 2 million dollars. They want you to forget!! 2)The teacher's contract is a total disaster and with no money to give them as a result of allowing Charter Schools to enter Kearny when they had a chance to stop it will cost the teachers in the pocketbook so don't expect a settlement anytime soon. 3) The Bookkeeper who stole money was the result of poor over site in the business office and the Supt should be held accountable and the BA should be called on the carpet for not watching his people.3) These custodian's I read are the subject of investigation's that are questioning the safety of the students and the Board of Education's failure to take aggressive action to send a clear message that this behavior will not be acceptable in our school's. If these charges are true these individual's should be fired. Look at the mismanagement that has taken place with failing our children, failing our Teachers and staff with more layoffs on the way? Can you blame young families for not buying a house in Kearny with the people we have in Leadership at the top meaning the Supt of Schools and the Board of Education. I would not encourage any young family at this time investing in Kearny. SAD TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

They are BOE members because the Kearny taxpayer elects them.

Yes, they run unopposed.

But, when there is a choice.

The same get elected. 

 

We need people to step up and take on the BOE members up for election. 

People need to voice their concerns. 

Things won't change if we don't get involved.  Kearny is a great town.

We need to clean up the bad leadership.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

OMG that's funny! Take on the BOE....voice your concerns...get involved ...great town. Hilarious! You should be a comedian. Do as you are told, vote for who you are told to vote for, pay your ridiculous tax bills and worship the in-crowd with all your heart. The people are afraid of the BOE, no one listens or cares when you voice your concerns, getting involved is a waste of time and it's not a great town. It's a corrupt shithole plagued by a failing school system, rampant patronage & nepotism, bloated salaries, ineffective Police and a statewide joke of a Fire Department. Trump should march the illegal invasion caravan straight into Kearny. A perfect fit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Angry Taxpayer

What needs to be done with this board is to have the state come in and check.

Maybe we need the state to take over and get things right. This board and the revolving members who go off and then back on all need to go.

What is mismanagement going to cost the taxpayer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sick of your whining

It is such a sad world we live in when people have nothing positive to say about anything in their hometown. If you truly believe it to be a horrible place, please call me and I will help you move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest The Silent Majority
9 hours ago, Guest Sick of your whining said:

It is such a sad world we live in when people have nothing positive to say about anything in their hometown. If you truly believe it to be a horrible place, please call me and I will help you move.

I'm sure you would Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
21 hours ago, Guest Sick of your whining said:

It is such a sad world we live in when people have nothing positive to say about anything in their hometown. If you truly believe it to be a horrible place, please call me and I will help you move.

I'm sure you would Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Answers Please
On 11/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, Guest Angry Taxpayer said:

What needs to be done with this board is to have the state come in and check.

Maybe we need the state to take over and get things right. This board and the revolving members who go off and then back on all need to go.

What is mismanagement going to cost the taxpayer? 

Can you please explain what the state would be checking and why the town would want the state to take over its school district?  And if you could also explain who are the revolving members? Don't they have to be elected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Darell

This used to be a great town with great education system. 

Taxes are high, streets are dirty, parks are outdated, failing school system.

Mayor Santos needs to focus on Kearny and not worry about his county job. Giving out tax abatement but how much of that abatement goes to Kearny education system? $0

We need new faces on the board of education. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Santos
17 hours ago, Guest Answers Please said:

Can you please explain what the state would be checking and why the town would want the state to take over its school district?  And if you could also explain who are the revolving members? Don't they have to be elected?

 

The revolving members refers to board members loosing elections and then running again and winning. the state comes in because a business office clerk stole 300K from the board and nobody noticed, janitors are doing what they please because they are related to board members and/or elected officials former and current (nepotism), poor decisions on purchasing existing school buildings, yet poor construction project management caused years of delays.  Buying a building for top dollar with environmental issues costing tax payer dollars to clean up but nobody sued to recover that money. Teachers are not graded on merit but who they know.  No money for teachers contract. Education is going to the gutter, if it isn't already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Let's Take It One By One

Anyone is entitled to run, even candidates who lose an election.

The office clerk was referred to the Hudson Co. prosecutor's office and she was sentenced by the courts.

current Board members are precluded from hiring members of their families through the nepotism law.  If they were already hired when someone becomes a board member, that's perfectly legal.

Poor decisions about buying a school building - that takes $$$, or do you know another way to buy a building?

Construction management wasn't the cause for the prolonged high school project, but legal issues regarding contractors and a multitude of other obstacles.

How do you know nobody sued about a building with environmental issues?  And how do you know whether that was even an option?

The grading system for teachers is very, very complicated and strenuously followed. It has nothing to do with who teachers "know". Ridiculous

The teacher's contract is the teacher's problem.  Other unions have quickly and simply settled their contracts.

I'm sure you're an expert on EDUCATION, so I'll not bother sparring with you on that one.

Bye.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Angry Taxpayer

Let us start with money taken. Did the BA really do their job? Did the BOE members really look over reports? I think not. Hiring family, it's called conflict of interest. These BOE members can't vote on issues related to family. Solution: step off the board until there is no conflicts. 

The delay and cost of construction at the high school was caused by members now serving. Mr. Viscuso introduced a motion to fire the contractor.  Numerous lawsuits, paying $600.   a day to a friend to serve as construction coordinator.  The project had to be scaled-down because of the waste. The BOE could have leased with option to buy. That's how you buy buildings. Again, if we had the money wasted by the BOE we could have stopped the current mess.

The present board office was a mistake. 

By the way, is the district receiving payment for having classroom space at the board office. $800,000,  I believe is the number.

The teachers need a new union president? She had ****** ***** by this BOE. Good luck teachers!

Yes, the same people run, Kearny will never learn. People must love taxes going up.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Louie

I WAS A WRITE IN ON THIS BALLOT FOR THE BOE I MYSELF VOTED AND OTHERS. WHEN ASKED TGET SAID THERE WERE NO WRITE INS ACCOUNTED FOR NOT TO MENTION THE WORKERS AT THE POLLS HAD NO IDEA HOW WRITE INS WORK. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. TOTAL BS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Let's Take It One By One
On 11/11/2018 at 9:21 AM, Guest Angry Taxpayer said:

Let us start with money taken. Did the BA really do their job? Did the BOE members really look over reports? I think not. Hiring family, it's called conflict of interest. These BOE members can't vote on issues related to family. Solution: step off the board until there is no conflicts. 

The delay and cost of construction at the high school was caused by members now serving. Mr. Viscuso introduced a motion to fire the contractor.  Numerous lawsuits, paying $600.   a day to a friend to serve as construction coordinator.  The project had to be scaled-down because of the waste. The BOE could have leased with option to buy. That's how you buy buildings. Again, if we had the money wasted by the BOE we could have stopped the current mess.

The present board office was a mistake. 

By the way, is the district receiving payment for having classroom space at the board office. $800,000,  I believe is the number.

The teachers need a new union president? She had ****** ***** by this BOE. Good luck teachers!

Yes, the same people run, Kearny will never learn. People must love taxes going up.

The argument about not being able to serve if you have a family member employed by the board is old and tired.  When there is a conflict, a member doesn't vote. Problem solved. And to repeat, board members can not hire a relative while they are sitting on the board, but if the family member is PREVIOUSLY employed, there is no impediment.

It's certainly a fact the high school project was a mess and had way too many problems.  But it's completed, looks great, and maybe it's time to move on.

Since you "believe $800,000 is the number", perhaps you don't need corroboration of your "belief".

I don't think it's accurate to blame all the teachers union problems on the union president since I'm sure there's plenty of union members in the mix who have their own opinions about negotiations. 

Thanks for the advice on how to buy buildings. Should come in handy - never.

So why don't you run for the board?  Been there, done that?

Bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×