Traffic Nightmare with New Russo Development

Guest First Ward Resident

Guest First Ward Resident

Mayor Santos pushed for and got the old bat factory redeveloped for apartments.  A park would have been nice.  We don't need any new housing.  We need green spaces.

Guest Guest Guest
21 hours ago, Guest First Ward Resident said:

Mayor Santos pushed for and got the old bat factory redeveloped for apartments.  A park would have been nice.  We don't need any new housing.  We need green spaces.

A park would be nice but since the town doesn't own that land and it would cost a lot of money to buy and remediate there is no way the town could afford it.

Guest Kearny taxpayer

Mr.Russo built the apartments in Lyndhurst. To complete that project, he secured a  $50.5 million dollar loan.

What I understand, Lyndhurst  gave no pilot. But, Kearny has granted 3 pilots with 4 and 5 on the way.

Every community there is a project by Russo, residents complained. In Garwood, the residents did exactly what the Kearny People did.The governing body of Garwood approved it despite opposition. Much like Kearny.

Congratulations to the two council members who vote no.

Are the pilots transferred to new owners if the apartments sold?

I understand there are maintenance issues in Lyndhurst.

As far as the politicians speak to people about the latest Russo Project, I doubt that happen. You don't see them at election time, why would they come out for this.

The PILOT will transfer. I understand why a PILOT near the Keegan Toxic dump but the riverfront should never been built on.  Mayor Santos should have bought that by Bonding and creating more green space.  The "bat factory" has it been cleaned up?   Building housing on it is different than building a mall.  What I understand is that Mayor Santos has blocked people on Facebook from his account and deleted posts in opposition.  Someone needs to post a link to Kearny On The Web, the only place where the truth can be spoken anonymously.

23 hours ago, Guest GOP said:

The PILOT will transfer. I understand why a PILOT near the Keegan Toxic dump but the riverfront should never been built on.  Mayor Santos should have bought that by Bonding and creating more green space.  The "bat factory" has it been cleaned up?   Building housing on it is different than building a mall.  What I understand is that Mayor Santos has blocked people on Facebook from his account and deleted posts in opposition.  Someone needs to post a link to Kearny On The Web, the only place where the truth can be spoken anonymously.

This town needs better parks! Building more apartments/condos with a horrible school system is not the way to go! 

Santos & Co, have to go!