Kearny Board of Education Thief

Guest Guest

I'm shocked and very annoyed that a bookeeper for our Town's Board of Education stole nearly $200,000 from our district! Some people should be fired for not finding it sooner. Seriously from 2011-2017, who is in charge of double checking the books every month and year end

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I'm shocked and very annoyed that a bookeeper for our Town's Board of Education stole nearly $200,000 from our district! Some people should be fired for not finding it sooner. Seriously from 2011-2017, who is in charge of double checking the books every month and year end

Agreed!

Guest Iworkthere

In knowing the way that the thief stole the money, it would be difficult to deduce unless somebody was specifically searching for the particular discrepancies.  It is my hope that in the future, central office keeps better tabs on what our employees are doing on a day to day basis.  Every mistake, deliberate or otherwise, hurts our children's education.  No amount of "spin" is going to mitigate the repercussions that will inevitably be suffered by the students and my fellow educators.

Being bonded is great. 

The money is given by the insurance company. 

The insurance company is not giving free money. That money needs to be replaced.  That means another lawsuit for the school district.

Someone was watching the front door. But, the goods were going out the back door.

The question is, how much is this really going to cost?

• 3 months later...
Guest Concerned Parent
On 1/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, Guest Guest said:

This may be why they missed their Health Benefit Payment. What a joke of a School District!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!