90% of town workers are white

Guest BrownandProud

Guest BrownandProud

I don't consider myself a racist but as a tan colored father it's strange to see most of our town employees and the majority of our teachers are all so white in an otherwise brown neighborhood.  When I am walking on the street or shopping on  Kearny Avenue I am mostly seeing other immigrants like myself.  Then I am going into town hall to pay a ticket and everyone I see is white.  I am going to pick up my two daughters from Franklin School and the people is mostly english speaking white.  When I see the department on public works people in the parks and on the Avenue, they are all mostly white.  Is there a way that we can have more people working for the town that represent it's population instead of all white people?  I am not trying to start a fight, I am just asking honest question.  Thank you.

Don't forget the Kearny Fire Department! The KFD is stacked top to bottom with white males. It's been the Kearny Fire Department White Men's Welfare program since inception and nothing has changed. The Kearny Fire Department is proud of it's patronage, nepotism and white male super majority. It's a disgrace!!

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, Guest BrownandProud said:

I don't consider myself a racist but as a tan colored father it's strange to see most of our town employees and the majority of our teachers are all so white in an otherwise brown neighborhood.  When I am walking on the street or shopping on  Kearny Avenue I am mostly seeing other immigrants like myself.  Then I am going into town hall to pay a ticket and everyone I see is white.  I am going to pick up my two daughters from Franklin School and the people is mostly english speaking white.  When I see the department on public works people in the parks and on the Avenue, they are all mostly white.  Is there a way that we can have more people working for the town that represent it's population instead of all white people?  I am not trying to start a fight, I am just asking honest question.  Thank you.

Barney,  If you are now tan colored, you've been out in the sun too long.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, Guest Guest said:

Don't forget the Kearny Fire Department! The KFD is stacked top to bottom with white males. It's been the Kearny Fire Department White Men's Welfare program since inception and nothing has changed. The Kearny Fire Department is proud of it's patronage, nepotism and white male super majority. It's a disgrace!!

Barney,  Being tan colored from the sun won't get you onto Kearny's Bravest, you have to be able to pass the tests.

Guest Shannon

There is so much truth to the original post. Guest is also correct about the Fire Department. The town only gives the highest paying jobs such as Department Heads and Firefighters to white people. Why can't more minorities or women join the Fire Department? Why does patronage and nepotism corrupt Kearny so much? The School Board is also white people. In my opinion, the Fire Department discrimination against women and people of color is horrible. Why does a minority Mayor allow this widespread discrimination to run rampant? Democrats are always hounding people of  color and making promises at election time but the white majority is the truth! I think it's time for the Justice Department to look into the racism against women and people of color. 

How is the Mayor a minority? Let me give you a hint, he's NOT. But women ARE considered a minority and there's plenty of representation on the school board. The power of the right to vote. Exercise it while we still have it.   

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, Guest Shannon said:

There is so much truth to the original post. Guest is also correct about the Fire Department. The town only gives the highest paying jobs such as Department Heads and Firefighters to white people. Why can't more minorities or women join the Fire Department? Why does patronage and nepotism corrupt Kearny so much? The School Board is also white people. In my opinion, the Fire Department discrimination against women and people of color is horrible. Why does a minority Mayor allow this widespread discrimination to run rampant? Democrats are always hounding people of  color and making promises at election time but the white majority is the truth! I think it's time for the Justice Department to look into the racism against women and people of color. 

Barney, You can paint yourself with brown paint, you're still not good enough to be a Kearny FF.