Fire Department Hiring Standards

Guest Guest

http://www.theobserver.com/2017/08/new-firefighter-hired-but-not-without-dissent/

According to this Observer article, The hiring standards were lowered to hire this candidate with the Mayor opposing it.  Makes me wonder what this kid did that they lowered standards when they hired another very questionable person with no discussion.  Check out this article from NJ.com:

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/06/man_arrested_for_using_plastic.html

This guy is in the **** ******* right now.  I for one don't want ****** of ***** **** coming to my house in an emergency.  Great job by Chief Dyl and his staff in hiring these 2.

Please tell me that this person was fired. There is no way the town is allowing this sick person to stay in the fire house! Why is the mayor letting Dyl hire these misfits. This does not make Kearny look good at all.

And people of Kearny think that friends and family only get hired on the BOE. Steve only hires his friends and family. Look at the civil service list. He passed lots of kids. To get to his little boy. FACT!!!!

Edited by KOTW
KOTW has not confirmed the above information.

If people came out to the council meeting they could protest this kind of appointment. 

The Mayor and Council have card blanch. The people of Kearny need to get involved. Kearny is a great little town under bad management.

By the way, the Mayor and Council always point out how the BOE is raising taxes. Look at the letter sent with your tax bill. Municipal and school  tax look pretty close.

Time for a change.

Guest Kearny Senior
12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I seAnd people of Kearny think that friends and family only get hired on the BOE. Steve only hires his friends and family. Look at the civil service list. He passed lots of kids. To get to his little boy. FACT!!!!

I see Barney has his panties in a wad over the last hires in the FD.  Barney cries every time a FF is hired, it reminds him of his failures.

I don't understand why the mayor is allowing Dyl to run the fire dept. He is showing the people of this good town he can't do the job. Maybe the mayor should get rid of all three of them. The tax payers, and the firemen will be able to sleep at night knowing they arent there.

Do not say that you are just seeing what a ***** ** **** Steve Dyl is! He has been a D**b A** his entire career. The Mayor needs to get rid of the three of them. And call civil service. And let them know what he did. He jumped a bunch of people, to get to his own. And the town is letting him get away with it. Shame on you all. 

Edited by KOTW
Content.

12 hours ago, Guest Kearny Senior said:

I see Barney has his panties in a wad over the last hires in the FD.  Barney cries every time a FF is hired, it reminds him of his failures.

Name calling but no facts.  The post calls out hiring standards, or lack thereof, and all you can do is resort to the same stick.  No one complained of the need to hire Firemen, just the poor choices and lowering of standards and qualifications.  Dispute the articles with fact if you can.  Chief Dyl and his staff dropped the ball on this one and all you can do is call us Barney.  Starting to think You're the Fire Chief or one of his staff posting here to divert attention away from your failures.

Guest 2smart4u
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, Guest Guest said:

the council meeting they could protest this kind of appointment. 

The Mayor and Council have card blanch. The people of Kearny need to get involved. Kearny is a great little town under bad management.

By the way, the Mayor and Council always point out how the BOE is raising taxes. Look at the letter sent with your tax bill. Municipal and school  tax look pretty close.

Time for a change.

"card blanch' ??  It's Carte Blanche, you idiot.

Wow! This kid pretends to be a cop. And holds the girl against her will, and forces her to have sex, gets arrested.  And still gets a job with the Kearny Fire. Who is this kid related to. That he got hired? And now knowing the facts. WHY IS HE STILL ON THE JOB.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

Wow! This kid pretends to be a cop. And holds the girl against her will, and forces her to have sex, gets arrested.  And still gets a job with the Kearny Fire. Who is this kid related to. That he got hired? And now knowing the facts. WHY IS HE STILL ON THE JOB.

Barney,  A  bigger question is why are you still on the job ?   You certainly didn't get it on merit.

If Barney is Steve Dyl. Than yes I agree, why is he still on the job. This wont be going away anytime soon. Civil service will be knocking.and Dyl will have to answer the really jard questions. Like why did you pass over 100 people who scored way higher than his son.So thanks Barney, for telling facts. And not just name calling.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, Guest Guest said:

If Barney is Steve Dyl. Than yes I agree, why is he still on the job. This wont be going away anytime soon. Civil service will be knocking.and Dyl will have to answer the really jard questions. Like why did you pass over 100 people who scored way higher than his son.So thanks Barney, for telling facts. And not just name calling.

Sorry Barney, you're just not that clever .

I think it's time for this administration to be voted out. The mayor has done nothing good for the town the last five years!

taxes raise every year since he took charge. 

Guest Kearny Senior
12 hours ago, Guest Dan said:

I think it's time for this administration to be voted out. The mayor has done nothing good for the town the last five years!

taxes raise every year since he took charge. 

Barney is trying to be clever again;  Eric & Dan,  Really !?

Guest shouldBshocked
On 8/24/2017 at 7:53 AM, Guest nepotism is not real, lol said:

If you look on the salary listings the Dyl family pulls in over half a million dollars a year from the town.

Must be easy to make ends meet when you have the right last name

Guest Kearny Senior
13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No worries Harrison chief, unlike Dyl is a stand up guy. He wouldnt hurt others that way. 

Huh ??     Barney, stick to posting when you're sober.