Chief Trucillo

Guest Joe Dirt

Guest Ralph Varano
Get back to your bungalo in the park you loser.

You know what's truly sad......you have no idea why the chief was gracious enough to give me that assignment. At least I gave the town and residents of this community a few good years....before I took ill. Just curious, what's your excuse?

Perhaps if you had a real job before becoming a welfare recipient wearing a uniform.........you may have appreciated the profession. If things are so bad here, quit, no one will miss you or your whiney ass.

Guest Guest

A few good years? The most miserable cop in Harrison history had a few good years? What years were they? Falling off your stool in Dunphy's? Or flashing old woman on Harrison avenue you perv. I really dont care why Vinnie G did what he done for you. He was a troublemaking waste as are you. Go back to retirement, your done here. Get a life.

Guest Ralph Varano

Miserable? Son, you've been misinformed......when I first came on this job, we all got a long and enjoyed the comraderie. We respected rank, regardless if those individuals deserved it or not. It was a real police department back then, even under Frank Rodger's iron fist. I only remember 1 coward from that era......kind of pales in comparison to the 40 there are now. Best wishes for your mental health, because you're obviously the miserable one.

Guest Ralph Varano
A few good years? The most miserable cop in Harrison history had a few good years? What years were they? Falling off your stool in Dunphy's? Or flashing old woman on Harrison avenue you perv. I really dont care why Vinnie G did what he done for you. He was a troublemaking waste as are you. Go back to retirement, your done here. Get a life.

PS: I'm not sure who fell off the stool at Dunphy's, but it certainly wasn't me.......you have me mistaken for a Captain. As far as mooning an old woman, that was Frank Rodger's sister Mary...........probably the biggest thrill she had in 60 years

Guest Guest

Can't we all play nice. Lets understand things in the PD do need change, Ralph you understand this. But to throw mud at each other is not helping anything at all. The Department has been neglected for years, but lets air our gripes in the appropriate forum FOR GOD SAKES WERE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM.

Can't we all play nice. Lets understand things in the PD do need change, Ralph you understand this. But to throw mud at each other is not helping anything at all. The Department has been neglected for years, but lets air our gripes in the appropriate forum FOR GOD SAKES WERE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM.

Couldn't agree with you more.......I simply don't understand where the anger is coming from. True, I've been off the job for better than two years now....but there isn't much I'm not kept abreast of. The department was on a downward spiral for quite a few years and it's a shame. I find it difficult to believe that anyone can single out Vin & Dan as the culprits........that's simply untrue. They were good cops and even better leaders. Perhaps it's time for both parties (Town & PBA) to sit down like adults and work things out. Hurting the citizens accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Guest Silly Sally

Continuing on the path of the Unusual Suspects Comments: You are all sad little children. And to think you are the people hired to "protect and serve". What a joke. You sound like a bunch of children arguing over who stole who's crayon from the crayon box. Constantly trying to "one-up" each other. As an outsider looking in, all I see is a dysfunctional police dept. in dire need of some help. Do any you guys even care that what you're writing about each other is for public consumption? That people and other departments must be laughing (loudly) at you. You sound like a bunch of unintelligent, illiterate and angry men. What I've taken away from what's being said is that you guys must really be scared of Dan. He really has you running. The question is why? In everything you've written I've failed to see one true gripe. One true act of wrongdoing. Moving a couch???? Are you for real??? In 28 years - - moving a couch??? Give me a break. You're grasping at straws here fellas and it doesn't take a genius to see that. What about the cops on drugs (and getting caught)? What about the cops on drugs that aren't getting caught? What about the adulterers? Oops, almost forgot that I wasn't dealing with the brightest stars in the sky (adulterer means someone who cheats on one's spouse). What about the charges of domestic violence? Falling asleep on the job? What about the waiving of weapons in nightclubs?? Did I mention in uniform? Given all of this, you guys want to scrutinize someone over a couch? Dan sounds like he'd be better off retiring. Sitting on a beach somewhere while you guys squabble over having too many chiefs and not enough indians. Anyway, how long ago did the couch incident happen? Let it go.

As for VG as far as I can tell, he was a great guy. What was the problem? Was it that he actually made you guys do the job you were being paid to do? Because he didn't let you run amuck like overgrown (and over aged) frat boys?

Anyway, who would you rather have as Deputy Chief/Chief? (A) A man who needs his mommy to make everything okay. Like a little school boy when the other boys are picking on him; (:blink: A man who may eventually end up doing an "Okay" job but needs constant direction for even the most minimal task; or © the man who is doing the job now anyway. You guys should just stop crying and do your job.

Curious though, in all of the replies posted, not one has addressed who "They" think should get the job. Unusual Suspect had it right - - if you're so passionate about what you write, grow a set and sign your name. Or is that you too many one day be faced with political decisions and you wouldn't want to disrupt the well oiled wheel.

Guest Sally Sally Sally

Your comments are right on target - I too agree with you and say what about the cops who did this and what about the cops who did that - the list can go on and on - it doesn't stop with the "few" things you have mentioned. There are several cops within the department who have some skeletons of their own:

1 - abuser - wife signed a restraining against him - bet you didn't read about that in the police blotter

2 - same officer was accused of having a local man beat up because of his sexual orientation

3 - same officer threw ignited a pack of fire crackers and threw then into a moving vechicle - once again that went unpunished

4 - drugs - well what about steriods - does that count

5 - what about the cop that was shot at - we don't hear anything about that - why not

It's a shame - there are a few good men on the force and the entire department is being tainted by the bad ones.

As far as your comment about growing a set and signing your name - why didn't you sign your name - are you too afraid of the back lash. Remember one thing - this is a public - unfortunately anyone can come in and sign as whoever they want to be - I can be Elmer Fud or Bugs Bunny - point is - what one person signs as their name - may not even be there correct name so there really isn't a point in signing. Not only that - once you sign your correct name we all know how this town works - you will be black listed for speaking out and voicing your opinion. Sad to but it is the truth.

Guest an even more unusual suspect
What iliterate PBA members are writing these opinions?  You are a shame to your organization.  It is truly comical to read all of your rantings and ravings (Wyatt Erp, Insp. Callahan - hmmm...I wonder who you boys are).  Grow a set and have enough b--lls to sign your name to one of your ignorant postings so that the town can see exactly who you are and laugh at you when you pass them on the street, you uneducated idiots.  How will you ever get promoted when you can't spell or speak correctly?

You guys can't even put legitimate sentences together or spell correctly, let alone coherently comment on the dedicated service of a 28 veteran of the Harrison Police Department.  Shame on you.  You are all jealous.  Jealous that you aren't smart enough or dedicated enough to your chosen profession to be promoted the right way, without clinging to the protections and comradery of a fallen group of has beens - the PBA.  The PBA used to be a respected organization in this town.  Now, they are laughable to say the least and have sunk to all new lows.  It's no secret that they've been controlled by the political machine for decades.  No organization has more "step and fetch it" fellas than the local PBA.  This group has become no more than a high school club of townies that graduated and went nowhere.  They became cops so they could feel some sort of power  They needed to find a social group where they could vent their repressed feelings of inadequecy and incompetancy.  These kids still haven't grown up and they're carrying a gun in your town.  See a psychiatrist.

As for Dan Nankivell, I can't think of one cop in that entire department that deserves to be the Deputy Chief of Police, and eventually the Chief of Police, more than he does.  For 28 years, Dan has had to fight big brother, while maintaining his integrity and not sacrificing himself to the political machine.  There were many times when he deserved to be promoted and was passed over by the old Rodgers regime for some dumb-ass PBA man-child that didn't deserve the position.  Still, he weathered those storms and continued to do his job to a higher standard than most.

He supported his long-time colleague, Vincent Greene, (who, by the way, did a wonderful job of cracking down on the immature patrol-boys that were permitted to run amuk throughout that department for too long) during Vinnie's much deserved tour as Chief of the department.  Dan has paid more than his share of dues.  He is the best candidate to succeed as the Chief of Police and always has been whether the Mayor and council wanted him there or not.  They are just in the position to give him the opportunity.  Should he not take the promotion because of where it is coming from?  He is the obvious choice as a fair and respected leader in that department.  He has the verteran experience and is a life long dedicated resident of Harrison.

My only fear for him is that the politicians who are "all of a sudden" offering him this promotion, will take advantage of his noble nature.  That they are using him to serve other purposes.  Part of me wants to say "Dan...run...retire...get out while you still have your sanity and your integrity".  But the other part knows he deserves it more than anyone else.  Charles Trucillo is a great man, but he is not ready for that responsibility.  As for Mike Green, he's still a child.  He's educated, but has no street smarts, no control and not one ounce of integrity.  He isn't respected and he just doesn't have the experience and outstanding record of service that Dan Nankivell has.  I mean...let's face it...Dan's been running the department anyway.  He started running it under Vinnie Green and now with the current absentee Chief (who spends most of his time at E. Newark School), he has been forced to step up anyway.

So stop harping on the fact that Dan and the ex-chief helped someone move a couch.  So what?  No one cares for Christ's sake.  Really...no one cares.  With all of the God aweful behavior that goes on with the other man-children in the department...the Police Department has some real cutting of dead weight to do.  These kids need to find another profession that doesn't require integrity or a real committment to service.  Carrying a badge and a gun does not make you cool.  You weren't cool in high school and you are even less cool now that you haven't done anything with your lives.

One other question....how in thee hell did J. Doran become the Police Committee Chairman?  Who the hell lost their mind on that day?

P.S.  I purposely did not sign my name to this comment, because I won't give anyone the satisfaction of knowing who I am.  I am not related to or affiliated with anyone involved.  I have just been observing and felt the need to comment.  I will tell you this much...I'm not one of the "Usual Suspects" who seem to have nothing better to do than to log onto this discussion panel to vent their frustrations at their own inadequecies.  Go out and get some air.  Life is too short to care this much guys.

AN UNUSUAL SUSPECT

PBA man-child ....

he's still a child.....

These kids .....

man-children .....

immature patrol-boys.....

high school club of townies that graduated and went nowhere....

I wonder who you boys are...

find a social group where they could vent their repressed feelings of inadequecy and incompetancy. These kids still haven't grown up .....

Grow a set and have enough b--lls to sign your name to one of your ignorant postings so that the town can see exactly who you are and laugh at you when you pass them on the street, you uneducated idiots........

Whats the matter----Things getting lonely in "The Old Boy Network"?

Many things have changed in the last few years.

Unfortunately you weren't one of them.

I don't laugh when I pass you on the street Mr. not related or affiliated. I just wonder why ....

Guest Sipowitz
What iliterate PBA members are writing these opinions?  You are a shame to your organization.  It is truly comical to read all of your rantings and ravings (Wyatt Erp, Insp. Callahan - hmmm...I wonder who you boys are).  Grow a set and have enough b--lls to sign your name to one of your ignorant postings so that the town can see exactly who you are and laugh at you when you pass them on the street, you uneducated idiots.  How will you ever get promoted when you can't spell or speak correctly?

You guys can't even put legitimate sentences together or spell correctly, let alone coherently comment on the dedicated service of a 28 veteran of the Harrison Police Department.  Shame on you.  You are all jealous.  Jealous that you aren't smart enough or dedicated enough to your chosen profession to be promoted the right way, without clinging to the protections and comradery of a fallen group of has beens - the PBA.  The PBA used to be a respected organization in this town.  Now, they are laughable to say the least and have sunk to all new lows.  It's no secret that they've been controlled by the political machine for decades.  No organization has more "step and fetch it" fellas than the local PBA.  This group has become no more than a high school club of townies that graduated and went nowhere.  They became cops so they could feel some sort of power  They needed to find a social group where they could vent their repressed feelings of inadequecy and incompetancy.  These kids still haven't grown up and they're carrying a gun in your town.  See a psychiatrist.

As for Dan Nankivell, I can't think of one cop in that entire department that deserves to be the Deputy Chief of Police, and eventually the Chief of Police, more than he does.  For 28 years, Dan has had to fight big brother, while maintaining his integrity and not sacrificing himself to the political machine.  There were many times when he deserved to be promoted and was passed over by the old Rodgers regime for some dumb-ass PBA man-child that didn't deserve the position.  Still, he weathered those storms and continued to do his job to a higher standard than most.

He supported his long-time colleague, Vincent Greene, (who, by the way, did a wonderful job of cracking down on the immature patrol-boys that were permitted to run amuk throughout that department for too long) during Vinnie's much deserved tour as Chief of the department.  Dan has paid more than his share of dues.  He is the best candidate to succeed as the Chief of Police and always has been whether the Mayor and council wanted him there or not.  They are just in the position to give him the opportunity.  Should he not take the promotion because of where it is coming from?  He is the obvious choice as a fair and respected leader in that department.  He has the verteran experience and is a life long dedicated resident of Harrison.

My only fear for him is that the politicians who are "all of a sudden" offering him this promotion, will take advantage of his noble nature.  That they are using him to serve other purposes.  Part of me wants to say "Dan...run...retire...get out while you still have your sanity and your integrity".  But the other part knows he deserves it more than anyone else.  Charles Trucillo is a great man, but he is not ready for that responsibility.  As for Mike Green, he's still a child.  He's educated, but has no street smarts, no control and not one ounce of integrity.  He isn't respected and he just doesn't have the experience and outstanding record of service that Dan Nankivell has.  I mean...let's face it...Dan's been running the department anyway.  He started running it under Vinnie Green and now with the current absentee Chief (who spends most of his time at E. Newark School), he has been forced to step up anyway.

So stop harping on the fact that Dan and the ex-chief helped someone move a couch.  So what?  No one cares for Christ's sake.  Really...no one cares.  With all of the God aweful behavior that goes on with the other man-children in the department...the Police Department has some real cutting of dead weight to do.  These kids need to find another profession that doesn't require integrity or a real committment to service.  Carrying a badge and a gun does not make you cool.  You weren't cool in high school and you are even less cool now that you haven't done anything with your lives.

One other question....how in thee hell did J. Doran become the Police Committee Chairman?  Who the hell lost their mind on that day?

P.S.  I purposely did not sign my name to this comment, because I won't give anyone the satisfaction of knowing who I am.  I am not related to or affiliated with anyone involved.  I have just been observing and felt the need to comment.  I will tell you this much...I'm not one of the "Usual Suspects" who seem to have nothing better to do than to log onto this discussion panel to vent their frustrations at their own inadequecies.  Go out and get some air.  Life is too short to care this much guys.

AN UNUSUAL SUSPECT

PBA man-child ....

he's still a child.....

These kids .....

man-children .....

immature patrol-boys.....

high school club of townies that graduated and went nowhere....

I wonder who you boys are...

find a social group where they could vent their repressed feelings of inadequecy and incompetancy. These kids still haven't grown up .....

Grow a set and have enough b--lls to sign your name to one of your ignorant postings so that the town can see exactly who you are and laugh at you when you pass them on the street, you uneducated idiots........

Whats the matter----Things getting lonely in "The Old Boy Network"?

Many things have changed in the last few years.

Unfortunately you weren't one of them.

I don't laugh when I pass you on the street Mr. not related or affiliated. I just wonder why ....

Remeber being on the outside looking-in is no way to go through your career, quit the glee club and have a say in your contracts.

Lord knows you guys must eat a ton of breath mints, because I've seen the way you huddle-up in the corner for your meetings..

PS. Danny & Dave best of luck on your retirement, don't forget to write?

Guest Quoting Quentin

How a person plays the game shows something of his character - - how he loses shows all of it. (Sound like some cry babies???) :(

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - - it's the size of the fight in the dog. (Size doesn't matter) :D

Victory and defeat are each of the same price. :D

There are two things to aim for in life: First is to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest achieve the second!!! :(

CONGRATS!!! Have a wonderful retirement!!! :(:P

Archived