Keep cool!

Guest Guest

Can someone answer this question? Why do our children and their teachers have to endure blistering temperatures while trying to learn and teach, when our administrators and their secretarial staff enjoy the comforts of an air conditioned environment? I say if students and teachers have to sweat it out so should they! Save some money on the electric bill turn off the ACs! We're paying for it after all!

Guest concerned parent

the reason why town won't pay for air conditioning    but its horrible that these kids suffer in school during these hot temperatures     every school should have a window air conditioner  its only gonna be used during the months of june and september    really how much can an electric bill be for 2 months    after all we are the ones paying for it 

Guest AC for all!
On September 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Guest concerned parent said:

the reason why town won't pay for air conditioning    but its horrible that these kids suffer in school during these hot temperatures     every school should have a window air conditioner  its only gonna be used during the months of june and september    really how much can an electric bill be for 2 months    after all we are the ones paying for it 

I'm all for AC for everyone! That's my point! The administrators and their secretaries should not have the luxury of AC while the students and teachers have to work in deplorable conditions! AC for all or AC for none!!!!!!!

The answer is simple, send your kids to the Charter School!  The A/C is working like a charm.  Guess that will be the excuse the idiots at the BOE will use when the Charter School's test scores out perform theirs.  The Teachers were too sweaty and tired to teach!  Just wait, you'll see.

11 hours ago, Guest Ice Man said:

The answer is simple, send your kids to the Charter School!  The A/C is working like a charm.  Guess that will be the excuse the idiots at the BOE will use when the Charter School's test scores out perform theirs.  The Teachers were too sweaty and tired to teach!  Just wait, you'll see.

MORON! Stay on point Johnny Boy!

17 hours ago, Guest Ice Man said:

Does the charter school participate in testing?

Guest No accountability!
19 hours ago, Guest Yeah! said:

No!!!! Not much over sight or accountability for this attempt to destroy public education!

On 9/15/2016 at 0:47 PM, Guest Yeah! said:

Of course they do.  Charter schools are governed by the State Department of Education who issued them the charter to operate.  The State DOE has oversight of the charter school and requires that they follow the same testing requirements as all public schools.  Remember, charter schools are public schools.  The teachers are certified just like any public school and the facilities are inspected by the State DOE before they can open and operate.  Tax payers should be applauding the charter school because they educate our children for less than the Kearny School District does.  Kearny schools get around $15,900 for each student from your tax dollars.  They only give the charter school around $11,900 (as confirmed in the Observer) and keep the rest.  So the charter is doing it for less money and is operates with more efficiency.  I do believe that the Kearny schools are good, but i also believe that the charter school will make them better.  When there are school options for parents, all schools will work harder to get their children to enroll in their school.  It's no different anywhere, just a simple business model.

Guest Check your facts!
On September 17, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Guest Not So said:

Of course they do.  Charter schools are governed by the State Department of Education who issued them the charter to operate.  The State DOE has oversight of the charter school and requires that they follow the same testing requirements as all public schools.  Remember, charter schools are public schools.  The teachers are certified just like any public school and the facilities are inspected by the State DOE before they can open and operate.  Tax payers should be applauding the charter school because they educate our children for less than the Kearny School District does.  Kearny schools get around $15,900 for each student from your tax dollars.  They only give the charter school around $11,900 (as confirmed in the Observer) and keep the rest.  So the charter is doing it for less money and is operates with more efficiency.  I do believe that the Kearny schools are good, but i also believe that the charter school will make them better.  When there are school options for parents, all schools will work harder to get their children to enroll in their school.  It's no different anywhere, just a simple business model.

Wrong!!!!! Due some fact checking! And see who donated a ton of money to Christie! Follow the money! And my niece teaches in a charter in Newark with no teaching certificate! You can lie all you want but it won't make it true! Wake up people you're being scammed!

Wow is this BOE that scared, of a school coming to Kearny. You talk about the money you have lost. How About  the money you spend. My child went to private schools and I didn't get any tax breaks because they didn't attend Kearny schools. So you got money for my child to be in a seat. That she wasn't in. So don't cry that the charter school took the money away from the tax payers. Because the BOE has been stealing and spending it on what ever they wanted. And now the well has run dried. You are all crying. Maybe now the friends and family, and the few teachers that do know what they are teaching will really have to work. Get over it the charter school is here, and looks like will be just fine. 

Guest Facts Checked
On 9/20/2016 at 6:19 PM, Guest Check your facts! said:

Wrong!!!!! Due some fact checking! And see who donated a ton of money to Christie! Follow the money! And my niece teaches in a charter in Newark with no tea

I Did do my fact checking long before the Charter School opened in Kearny, but I know you won't believe me because obviously teachers like you know more than me.  So instead of going back and forth, I'll just post links and quotes from the NJ Department of Education.  By the way, why don't you post the name of the Newark Charter where your non-certified niece works and we'll show her to the unemployment line.  I'm sure the NJEA donates more to political candidates than any Charter School can afford.

From the NJ DOE website.  Read it here for yourself if you choose http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/overview/

In the event you don't trust the link, here's a excerpt for you.

Detailed View of New Jersey Certification Process: All Certificates

Introduction

New Jersey certification is required for any professional staff member employed in New Jersey public schools or in any institution under the supervision of the New Jersey Department of Education, including charter schools and educational facilities within the Department of Corrections, Juvenile Justice Commission and the Department of Human Services. New Jersey’s Office of Certification and Induction works under the authority of the State Board of Examiners which is the educator licensing agency in New Jersey.

Guest Facts checked!

So facts checked you are telling me that charter school teachers meet the same requirements and have the same teaching certificates as any Kearny public school teacher? Would all the charter school teachers be able to be hired by a public school if they so chose? Well I'll answer for you! No, charter school teachers do not have to meet the same requirements and certifications that public school teachers have to! They have to have some bogus watered down third tier certificate that the Christie administration put in place in 2013 that only allows them to teach in charter schools! So if you want less qualified less scrutinized individuals teaching your children then by all means buy into this scam to destroy public education, and line the pockets of some politicians and their freinds who run these for profit schools!!!!! But I'm guessing you're not a parent! I'm guessing you're a troll!

Guest Fact Checked!

"The Charter School Teacher Certification Program
The NJDOE has created new three-tiered Charter School certificates with instructional endorsements, i.e., the Charter School Certificate of Eligibility (CSCE), the Charter School Provisional Certificate, and the Charter School standard certificate (N.J.A.C. 6A: 9-11.13). These alternate route certificates authorize employment only in charter schools and do not satisfy the requirements for instructional employment in traditional public schools and approved nonpublic schools. Alternate route candidates employed in charter schools who hold Certificates of Eligibility (CEs) may choose to pursue standard certification through the Provisional Teacher Program (PTP) and complete program requirements pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9-8.1.
If you should have any questions regarding the Charter School Certification Program, please contact Judith A. Cifone at 609-984-6377 or by e-mail at jac.charterschools@doe.state.nj.us.
For more information about certification in New Jersey, please visit http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/.
RH/L:/Broadcasts/070913 New Certification Code.doc c: Members, State Board of Education
Christopher D. Cerf, Commissioner Senior Staff
Diane Shoener
Amy Ruck"

From the State BOE website!

Guest dumb and dumber
15 hours ago, Guest Facts checked! said:

So facts checked you are telling me that charter school teachers meet the same requirements and have the same teaching certificates as any Kearny public school teacher? Would all the charter school teachers be able to be hired by a public school if they so chose? Well I'll answer for you! No, charter school teachers do not have to meet the same requirements and certifications that public school teachers have to! They have to have some bogus watered down third tier certificate that the Christie administration put in place in 2013 that only allows them to teach in charter schools! So if you want less qualified less scrutinized individuals teaching your children then by all means buy into this scam to destroy public education, and line the pockets of some politicians and their freinds who run these for profit schools!!!!! But I'm guessing you're not a parent! I'm guessing you're a troll!

You can go back and forth with all the certifications you want, the fact is this BOE has hired soooooooo many friends and family members who wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere else. This has had a direct impact on the lack of a "quality" education our children are being deprived of because of this constant hiring of weak educators due to who they know and not what they know.

I will take my chances with the charter school. My child has wasted four years of Kearny public schools. And all she got from them, is teachers standing in the class crying about how the kids have to pass the state test. Or they will get in trouble with Ms Blood. Very mature, coming from what you like to call professional teachers. And let's not forget how they don't make any money! They make more than most who work less than part time. And don't tell me complain to that idiot Blood. She is the worse than the BOE president Doran. They all need to go.

Guest Puhleaseeee
12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Facts nothing but the facts!!!!!!!! Lovin it. Thanks for telling the truth. Now let's see whT B/S this BOE will come up with now.

Yea the facts are they don't have to meet the stringent requirements that all public school teachers have to! Also these schools can hire a teacher on a provisional basis and the state BOE leaves it up to the school to make sure they get the watered down charter school certificate! That's real oversight!!!!!!

Guest just the facts, jack
23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Facts nothing but the facts!!!!!!!! Lovin it. Thanks for telling the truth. Now let's see whT B/S this BOE will come up with now.

Speaking of facts, here's one - You obviously can't read..

Guest Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
On September 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Guest Facts checked! said:

AMEN!!!!!!

Guest fact checker

Your not telli g the truth. About the info yourgiving out. So either, your stupid or lazy. Go back and reread. They have to be certified to teach. K- 5th grade. But. If your a Kearny teacher. It explains a lot.

The fact is that the charter school is upsetting some people in town. Because you are making up things about teachers that aren't true.There are some big players in Kearny that are sending their children to the new school. And in the process  pissing people off.  It is sending a very big message. That the public  school wasn't doing the job, and parents are now going some place for the answers. The BOE has been doing what ever they wanted, and now have to answer for it. So if you have something to say, let it be something that is truthful. 

Teachers in Kearny have to  work now, because the charter school has come to town. And now all they want to do is cry about it. Keep telling lies about not be certified. The parents know the truth. And parents can see there is a chance to get the education their kids deserve. Every year they will add another grade. And will just keep growing. So there is change coming. It's called better education for our kids.