$11 MILLION DOLLAR FIRE DEPARTMENT

Guest Barney

Guest Barney

It is shocking that the Kearny taxpayers are being taken for $11,000,000.00 a year to support a 100 member Fire Department. Harrison is no better at over $3,000,000.00 for 29 Firefighters. What a waste of money! It's outrageous! $200,000.00/year for the Fire Chief alone!  The majority do not live in town, send their children to the local school system or spend money in town. They do not interact with or contribute to the community in any way. The Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas toy drives are a sad publicity stunt. They are one direction: TAKERS! Kearny or Harrison could easily get able bodied RESIDENTS to sleep at the Clubhouse for $15 an hour without benefits. Anyone can occasionally squirt a water hose on a house from a safe distance as is the current FD policy. The qualifications are a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and a heartbeat. The patronage and nepotism, friends & family Fire Department scam is wiping out residents pockets and savings to fund the lavish lifestyle of the rich Firefighters. What a disgrace!!

9 hours ago, Guest Tommy said:

Teachers should be getting higher salaries!! 

Cops & firefighters get paid way to much! 

I posted yesterday about a *** ******* caught sleeping on duty and the moderators didn't approve it. Goes to show you how things are really. 

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Can I ask why the words ***** and ******* are banned by kearny on the web moderators?

no one in particular was named, yet. I saw the video, and told him not to post it because be was on the upload video part of news 12 website and I don't want *** *** to lose his job. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it . Unsure why kearny of the web won't allow us to.

Edited by KOTW
Content. You just explained why. Post the Video on Youtube in your name or your friend name and KOTW will link to it.

Guest Silenced FF
On 8/19/2016 at 6:04 PM, Guest Guest said:

Can I ask why the words ***** and ******* are banned by kearny on the web moderators?

no one in particular was named, yet. I saw the video, and told him not to post it because be was on the upload video part of news 12 website and I don't want *** *** to lose his job. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it . Unsure why kearny of the web won't allow us to.

The point was to discuss the situation on a message board. It ok to constantly talk about firemen and discuss them in any light people want to but we can't discuss ****** ******** on ****? But are allowed to not only talk but muse fun of firemen. Just seems wrong , considering this is a message board .

Edited by KOTW
Content. Post the Video on YouTube It's Free and Let everyone decide. Or set up and pay for your own message board.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, Guest Barney said:

It is shocking that the Kearny taxpayers are being taken for $11,000,000.00 a year to support a 100 member Fire Department. Harrison is no better at over $3,000,000.00 for 29 Firefighters. What a waste of money! It's outrageous! $200,000.00/year for the Fire Chief alone!  The majority do not live in town, send their children to the local school system or spend money in town. They do not interact with or contribute to the community in any way. The Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas toy drives are a sad publicity stunt. They are one direction: TAKERS! Kearny or Harrison could easily get able bodied RESIDENTS to sleep at the Clubhouse for $15 an hour without benefits. Anyone can occasionally squirt a water hose on a house from a safe distance as is the current FD policy. The qualifications are a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and a heartbeat. The patronage and nepotism, friends & family Fire Department scam is wiping out residents pockets and savings to fund the lavish lifestyle of the rich Firefighters. What a disgrace!!

Barney, Let's try out your idea. Stop by any firehouse and tell the guys you want to volunteer. Bring some friends with you. You'll have to take some time off from the PD to go to the Fire Academy, but if you're willing to help out at fire scenes I'm sure the guys can find something for you to do. Who knows, you may like spending your free time in the firehouse training with the pros. And, you might even decide to take the next FF exam again, even though you failed the last time. Good luck, Barney.

The Kearny Firefighters are sleeping 24/7 at the Frat Houses if you are interested in seeing the highest paid Kearny employees sleeping on the job. Non-residents, non-productive and slow to respond. Trained chimpanzees could replace them with minimal training. $11,000,000.00 buys a lot of bananas.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:02 PM, Guest Guest said:

The Kearny Firefighters are sleeping 24/7 at the Frat Houses if you are interested in seeing the highest paid Kearny employees sleeping on the job. Non-residents, non-productive and slow to respond. Trained chimpanzees could replace them with minimal training. $11,000,000.00 buys a lot of bananas.

Trained chimpanzees ?  What does that say about you Barney, failing the FF exam ?