Support Public Workers

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/08/sweeney_calls_for_investigation_of_njea_pension_vo.html

Good on the NJEA for standing up to democrats who have done so little to protect teachers in the last six years.  And good on the police union for doing the same.  Public unions in this state owe democrats nothing.  It's absolutely outrageous that Sweeney refers to public workers demanding their pensions be funded as people "trying to line their pocketbooks," as if they are greedily asking for anything more than simply what they are owed.  I know a lot of people, including teachers, in this town complain about the salaries/pensions for policemen and firemen.  This is counterproductive.  Public employees should stick together and we should instead demand that teachers make the same as our valuable officers and firemen.  

#Solidarity, comrades.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Really?
On August 27, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Guest Guest said:

Teachers are overpaid as is

Really? Are you comparing the average teacher salary with your own salary that required the minimum of a BA and then you continued at your own expense to receive a Master's degree?  Assuming you have completed the same educational requirements and you are making less than the average teacher, then you have the right to make that comment.

Guest over paid?

How are teachers overpaid?  The starting salary for teachers is  just over 40K.  You focus to much on the end number.  You think teachers get paid 100k+.  What you fail to notice is that after twenty years or so a teacher may make that.  Keep in mind they will need a masters degree and schooling beyond that in order to max out at that number.  So seriously you complaining about teachers making to much money?  Are you serious.  If I was a PhD and work for the same company for twenty years I would hope I would be making more then 100K (actually I do...thanks big Pharma).  Your an ignorant fool.  Maybe you should have listened to your teachers an learned something instead of trying to figure out how much they make. 

Teachers should be getting paid more for the work they do. Teachers are basically a second parent to thosr children but they should be stricter regulations on teachers who do not perform well. 

Cops/Firefighters should not be making no more than 60k a year. 

They can always look for a different job if they don't want to risk their lives.. Its a job that requires no education...So yeah, no more than 60k. If anything army/navy/marines/air force should be making over 100k.

A teacher plays an important role in students but not all teachers are good.  Therefore, NJ should have strict evaluations on teachers performance. Yes, teachers should make more than cops & firefighters.  Having a good education system will lead to less crimes. 

For cops & firefighters they should not be making more than 60k. Yes, they risk their lives but so does a person cleaning the windows of a building is risking their lives. 

Guest Teacher

I make $55,000 at 8 years of experience before taxes and deductions, which are significant. My rent to live in Kearny in a small 1 bedroom is $14,700 per year. I barely make ends meet, and drive a 12 year old car. 

Despite this, I love my students, love going into work each day, and find my job fulfilling, fun, and interesting. It keeps me on my toes. I never know what each day will hold. Many of the the  faculty I work with have become like family to me over the years. 

The ignorance and belittling of and hatred of teachers profligated by our governor, like the wicked witch with her flying monkeys spreading her agenda all, has made teaching in this state a hostile atmosphere. 

So, thank you for your wonderful love and support. 

Guest Really, really?
On August 29, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Guest Really? said:

Really? Are you comparing the average teacher salary with your own salary that required the minimum of a BA and then you continued at your own expense to receive a Master's degree?  Assuming you have completed the same educational requirements and you are making less than the average teacher, then you have the right to make that comment.

Still waiting for an answer to this one...