Campaign Help

Guest Mr. Silva

Guest Mr. Silva

I am a recent college graduate who has lived in Kearny for over 15 years. I am currently trying to start a political career but I can't seem to find the right information. I want to gain experience working within the local town government so that I can run (soon) for a larger position at the states lower house and hopefully move on to bigger positions. Can someone help me get on track with my political career, and if you'd like to share what you think Kearny needs to improve on and what you look for in a candidate please feel free to share. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Guest Guest

If you want to represent people in some form of government how about getting a real job and work at that for several years  Get to know what the people you seek to represent have to deal with, esp when it comes to sleezy pols and their sleezy ways.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Silva

I have had a real job for many years and I work for a large company within Kearny and I am constantly in contact with people from Kearny thus my desire to represent the town that I currently live and work in. Assuming that all politicians are sleezy is a very general statement, I know for a fact that the politicians in Kearny have done many good things for the town and for almost no monetary compensation. All the sleezy local politicians are currently in jail.

Guest Suggestions

Mr. Silva, I think it's great that you want to get more involved that the slugs that sit behind their computers and criticize everyone and everything that goes on in town.  I don't know your political affiliation, but I would suggest you contact a council person from each party (or the party you prefer) and ask about getting involved.  When my mother was involved with the democrats in town she was part of a group called the Woodrow Wilson club(?) They met regularly and helped to select candidates for elections.  I think this group was made up of members of our voting ward, so I guess there were groups in each ward.  OR, this was more than 30 years ago and things could be completely different today.

In any case, congratulations for choosing to be part of the solutions instead of adding to the problems!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dillian
On 7/21/2016 at 11:09 AM, Guest Mr. Silva said:

I have had a real job for many years and I work for a large company within Kearny and I am constantly in contact with people from Kearny thus my desire to represent the town that I currently live and work in. Assuming that all politicians are sleezy is a very general statement, I know for a fact that the politicians in Kearny have done many good things for the town and for almost no monetary compensation. All the sleezy local politicians are currently in jail.

Whats your email?