Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

BOE Members Stand United for Family & Friends

Recommended Posts

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
On 8/5/2016 at 9:58 PM, Guest Supporter of NEWCOMERS said:

The politics in Kearny have come to a head and now the public is paying attention. This Board Election should be interesting and a Town Revolt is something that needs to take place to send a message to the establishment that they can't continue to fool the TAXPAYERS in this town that they are servicing our Children. Their not!!!! its all about FAMILY and FRIENDS and they will do anything to preserve their KINGDOM of taking care of their own. IT MUST STOP NOW !!!!!!!!!! This is destroying our School District !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't look for the best for our kids we look who can win elections and then hire family and friends. WAKE UP KEARNY and SUPPORT THESE NEW COMERS THAT ARE RUNNING AGAINST THE SHERRY- CIFELLI TEAM. CIFELLI-SHERRY had a SLOGAN the FIRST TIME she RAN for the BOARD " HAD ENOUGH" the new SLOGAN for the NEWCOMERS should be "HAVE YOU REALLY HAD A ENOUGH" Throw this whole group out on their EARS they don't deserve another term. CHANGE IS GOOD at this TIME for KEARNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new crisis has come to light " HOW DO WE FIND 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS IN THIS CURRENT BUDGET " Another blunder by this Board of Education and who suffers "THE STUDENTS" If the public continues to accept the CIFELLI-SHERRY TEAM'S gross mismanagement of not planning for this budget item that will result in a reduction in services and another huge tax increase in the future. SHAME ON THE PEOPLE OF KEARNY FOR VOTING FOR THESE PEOPLE. The public has an opportunity to vote for new people in November VOTE NO on CIFELLI-SHERRY VOTE NO on MacDONALD. This has been the worse CRISIS that has faced this town in the history of KEARNY and this board and adminstration is DIRECTLY TO BLAME. The hiring of FAMILY and FRIENDS over many years I believe has resulted in the state we are in today. GREED as a result of getting elected to office cannot be the norm anymore and the candidates running this year should take a pledge not to hire FAMILY if elected and fully focus on this crisis and getting this ship going in the right direction. This town needs a fresh start and the townspeople need to pay attention and be more informed in making a clear choice in changing this Board of Education and Adminstration. PAY ATTENTION, LOOK WHAT'S BEEN DONE TO OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM The choice is clear CIFELLI-SHERRY, MacDONALD aren't good for our kids and they have shown it by their MISMANAGEMENT of our TAX MONEY. Don't make the mistake of allowing them to serve another term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Common Sense
  • You do realize the BOE had these problems BEFORE they were elected, right? Actually A LOT has gotten done since they were elected.
  •  You do realize the family you refer to was hired LONG BEFORE she was elected, right?
  • You do realize that they had NOTHING to do with the charter school, right? It's their job to figure out how to find the money in the budget due to this charter school debacle.
  • And this "greed" you speak of....their positions aren't paid.

 

  • Get off your high horse.  If you think that you can do a better job then you should run. People LOVE to run their mouths on this website, whether it's against the board or the mayor, yet no one has the balls to run for these offices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GUEST
On 8/20/2016 at 10:52 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

A new crisis has come to light " HOW DO WE FIND 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS IN THIS CURRENT BUDGET " Another blunder by this Board of Education and who suffers "THE STUDENTS" If the public continues to accept the CIFELLI-SHERRY TEAM'S gross mismanagement of not planning for this budget item that will result in a reduction in services and another huge tax increase in the future. SHAME ON THE PEOPLE OF KEARNY FOR VOTING FOR THESE PEOPLE. The public has an opportunity to vote for new people in November VOTE NO on CIFELLI-SHERRY VOTE NO on MacDONALD. This has been the worse CRISIS that has faced this town in the history of KEARNY and this board and adminstration is DIRECTLY TO BLAME. The hiring of FAMILY and FRIENDS over many years I believe has resulted in the state we are in today. GREED as a result of getting elected to office cannot be the norm anymore and the candidates running this year should take a pledge not to hire FAMILY if elected and fully focus on this crisis and getting this ship going in the right direction. This town needs a fresh start and the townspeople need to pay attention and be more informed in making a clear choice in changing this Board of Education and Adminstration. PAY ATTENTION, LOOK WHAT'S BEEN DONE TO OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM The choice is clear CIFELLI-SHERRY, MacDONALD aren't good for our kids and they have shown it by their MISMANAGEMENT of our TAX MONEY. Don't make the mistake of allowing them to serve another term.

.  "This has been the worse CRISIS that has face this town in the history of KEARNY . . ." REALLY? The worst crisis ever?  Please take your finger off the CAPS key and look up the word hyperbole.  And stop answering your own posts.  It's weird.  And it's McDonald, not MacDonald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FAILED LEADER'S
20 hours ago, Guest Common Sense said:
  • You do realize the BOE had these problems BEFORE they were elected, right? Actually A LOT has gotten done since they were elected.
  •  You do realize the family you refer to was hired LONG BEFORE she was elected, right?
  • You do realize that they had NOTHING to do with the charter school, right? It's their job to figure out how to find the money in the budget due to this charter school debacle.
  • And this "greed" you speak of....their positions aren't paid.

 

  • Get off your high horse.  If you think that you can do a better job then you should run. People LOVE to run their mouths on this website, whether it's against the board or the mayor, yet no one has the balls to run for these offices. 

LIAR, LIAR , PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!  The spin control has started and this group would lead you to believe that they just came into this mess. NOT!!!!!! This CIfelli-Sherry MaCdonald Majority has from the start made some of the worse decisions that have resulted in the worse financial crisis in the history of KEARNY, THAT'S RIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY. Example: LIGHT'S at Franklin School  much needed money spent on a NON- EDUCATIONAL PROJECT. also the BRAIN STORM of building the Board of Education office that resulted in cost over runs of millions of dollars that could have been used to off set any budgetary short falls and make this Charter School money available and prevent this crisis. So don't believe that this group just came aboard they have been hear all this time and just looking at all the family and friends that are working for the School District you thing for one minute previous boards who they said caused all these problems hired their family members NOT!!!!! So don't be fooled people of Kearny that they caused this mess because they didn't and its just a fact YOU BROKE IT NOW YOU OWN IT!!!!! Kearny is primed for change so stay informed and look at this group for what they are " FAILED LEADER'S " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

This wonderful BOE has been spending money, and laughing at the tax payers of Kearny. They think they can do what ever they want, because they have been doing just that for the last few years. They keep cutting everything. And now the High School has been scaled back. But they will blame everyone else. It is never them. It's always the person that was before they came on the board. But McDonlad has been on for the last 20 years. It's time to get her out. She has done enough damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

The problem is that this BOE has done so much damage to the education in this town it will take years to fix. If your going to hire friends and family, make sure they can do the job you give them. And most of the time that is not the case. They all wanted ***** *****. And now all they do is cry and complain. It will be fun to watch this BOE eat each other, now that they have all their own misfits on this board. And can't point the finger at anyone else, or keep going back years to say they did it. We know who to blame and change will come in November.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

You're ignoring the real problem here...it isn't "This" BOE, or the "Last" BOE,  it's EVERY BOE for the last few decades....it's  ALWAYS been a Job Fair, or a forum to mess with people who's family you have issues with.  Unless and until there is a clear separation between politicians ( Say, a new rule prohibiting anyone with a familial or business relationship with any elected official) and employees  ( anyone with ANY family working for the BOE would be ineligible to run, and should any family member apply for a position with the BOE, that board member MUST step down) then nothing is going to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BOE Supporter
On August 26, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Guest Guest said:

The problem is that this BOE has done so much damage to the education in this town it will take years to fix. If your going to hire friends and family, make sure they can do the job you give them. And most of the time that is not the case. They all wanted ***** *****. And now all they do is cry and complain. It will be fun to watch this BOE eat each other, now that they have all their own misfits on this board. And can't point the finger at anyone else, or keep going back years to say they did it. We know who to blame and change will come in November.

You're right that there are problems.  You're right that previous damage will take years to fix.  You're also right that it was all caused by previous boards but give credit where credit is due.  This board has nine members that work together, yes all nine, for OUR children.  No egos or agendas and definitely no friends and family.  There hasn't been a unified board in this town for greater than 10 years.

Agendas, vendettas, hiring unqualified Superintendents and bad decisions regarding the high school construction were all part of a history that this board had to deal with.  The hiring of a highly qualified Superintendent, the creation of a middle school, the centralization of the BOE office and the recent startup of the high school construction were the first steps of this board's commitment to students, staff and Kearny taxpayers.

Best of all, this board isn't pointing the finger at anyone else.  It looks like they've taken ownership of the messes they were handed and are working diligently to fix them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Support our schools
On 8/23/2016 at 6:49 PM, Guest FAILED LEADER'S said:

LIAR, LIAR , PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!  The spin control has started and this group would lead you to believe that they just came into this mess. NOT!!!!!! This CIfelli-Sherry MaCdonald Majority has from the start made some of the worse decisions that have resulted in the worse financial crisis in the history of KEARNY, THAT'S RIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY. Example: LIGHT'S at Franklin School  much needed money spent on a NON- EDUCATIONAL PROJECT. also the BRAIN STORM of building the Board of Education office that resulted in cost over runs of millions of dollars that could have been used to off set any budgetary short falls and make this Charter School money available and prevent this crisis. So don't believe that this group just came aboard they have been hear all this time and just looking at all the family and friends that are working for the School District you thing for one minute previous boards who they said caused all these problems hired their family members NOT!!!!! So don't be fooled people of Kearny that they caused this mess because they didn't and its just a fact YOU BROKE IT NOW YOU OWN IT!!!!! Kearny is primed for change so stay informed and look at this group for what they are " FAILED LEADER'S " 

You're 100% correct. So much has been done under this new board. Everyone (or should I say the one or two people on here who complain under different pseudonyms) love to blame the current board (and they'll complain if there are new members too). The previous board was the one who got us into this mess.

People love to bash our schools and say they're "failing" when in reality they know NOTHING about them. I'm a product of the school system and know firsthand they offer a lot more than other districts, especially at the high school level. Are there things they can improve on? Sure. No district is perfect. People need to realize that things cost money and take time. There is no quick fix. It's not easy running a (large) school system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
On 8/29/2016 at 8:34 AM, Guest Support our schools said:

You're 100% correct. So much has been done under this new board. Everyone (or should I say the one or two people on here who complain under different pseudonyms) love to blame the current board (and they'll complain if there are new members too). The previous board was the one who got us into this mess.

People love to bash our schools and say they're "failing" when in reality they know NOTHING about them. I'm a product of the school system and know firsthand they offer a lot more than other districts, especially at the high school level. Are there things they can improve on? Sure. No district is perfect. People need to realize that things cost money and take time. There is no quick fix. It's not easy running a (large) school system. 

Its interesting that the above post continues to endorse a failed Board of Education and Adminstration even when they have made some of the worse decisions that have resulted in the biggest financial Crisis in the history of Kearny. YES we support of Schools and that is why change is needed in order to correct these terrible errors in a self centered, greed driven FAMILY and FRIENDS NETWORK that has resulted in higher School Taxes and less Staff and Services for the Students of Kearny.  The Kearny School's won't have any chance to be a first class School District if we return these two current Board Members BARBARA CIFELLI-SHERRY and BERNADETTE MCDONALD. If you want to support our schools DON'T VOTE FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

Yeah yeah.

And two new people will change everything.

They can't do a thing without the other seven members.

The BOE is working together.

What are the new comers planning?

What do they want to change ?

Go with proven leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest The Silent Majority
On 9/3/2016 at 8:51 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Its interesting that the above post continues to endorse a failed Board of Education and Adminstration even when they have made some of the worse decisions that have resulted in the biggest financial Crisis in the history of Kearny. YES we support of Schools and that is why change is needed in order to correct these terrible errors in a self centered, greed driven FAMILY and FRIENDS NETWORK that has resulted in higher School Taxes and less Staff and Services for the Students of Kearny.  The Kearny School's won't have any chance to be a first class School District if we return these two current Board Members BARBARA CIFELLI-SHERRY and BERNADETTE MCDONALD. If you want to support our schools DON'T VOTE FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to help the people who are running against these people. Who are they and how do we contact them for lawn signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
On 8/23/2016 at 6:49 PM, Guest FAILED LEADER'S said:

LIAR, LIAR , PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!  The spin control has started and this group would lead you to believe that they just came into this mess. NOT!!!!!! This CIfelli-Sherry MaCdonald Majority has from the start made some of the worse decisions that have resulted in the worse financial crisis in the history of KEARNY, THAT'S RIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY. Example: LIGHT'S at Franklin School  much needed money spent on a NON- EDUCATIONAL PROJECT. also the BRAIN STORM of building the Board of Education office that resulted in cost over runs of millions of dollars that could have been used to off set any budgetary short falls and make this Charter School money available and prevent this crisis. So don't believe that this group just came aboard they have been hear all this time and just looking at all the family and friends that are working for the School District you thing for one minute previous boards who they said caused all these problems hired their family members NOT!!!!! So don't be fooled people of Kearny that they caused this mess because they didn't and its just a fact YOU BROKE IT NOW YOU OWN IT!!!!! Kearny is primed for change so stay informed and look at this group for what they are " FAILED LEADER'S " 

I have it on information and belief that no major action in cutting 2.7 million dollars will take place until after the election. The spin control will start and the CIFELLI-SHERRY, MCDONALD MAJORITY will make you believe there is no CRISIS and all is well in happy land when in fact this School District is in Major Trouble. The TAXPAYERS of KEARNY cannot afford another 3 years of these individuals. The mismanagement of this Board of Education and Administration has set the Kearny Schools back years and it will take fresh faces with no personal agendas and with pure intentions to fix this mess that this Board has put to the students and parents in this town. Their plan is already in place don't let them fool you. You have all the information you need in presenting the truth to the Taxpayers of Kearny. Its a no brainer tell the public what has been done to your Schools and barring that people aren't smart enough in seeing the mismanagement that was done with your TAX DOLLARS it should be a landslide for the NEW COMERS. Lets rally around the new people running for the Board of Education in NOVEMBER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Flushing Tax Dollars
On 8/29/2016 at 8:34 AM, Guest Support our schools said:

You're 100% correct. So much has been done under this new board. Everyone (or should I say the one or two people on here who complain under different pseudonyms) love to blame the current board (and they'll complain if there are new members too). The previous board was the one who got us into this mess.

People love to bash our schools and say they're "failing" when in reality they know NOTHING about them. I'm a product of the school system and know firsthand they offer a lot more than other districts, especially at the high school level. Are there things they can improve on? Sure. No district is perfect. People need to realize that things cost money and take time. There is no quick fix. It's not easy running a (large) school system. 

Oh My God, you're insane. First of all Kearny is Not a large school system by any account.  Now put down your pom poms and stop patting yourself on the back  As usual, you try taking the easy way out by passing blame onto others, like the "previous board". That could not be any further from the truth. The previous board was probably one of the best. Decisions made were based on real facts, not fabricated rumors and were made with keeping students, staff and taxpayers paramount, not what's best for family and friends. I give them credit for they were the only group which really had kids and taxpayers in mind, but when you rock a boat that has never been rocked, and people who have been never challenged before because of their sense of entitlement things get ugly and they do what ever is necessary to regain their false sense of power.

One of the most alarming things I have read regarding THIS board, and there is a long lists of bad actions taken by this board, is that the board approved moving ALL of it's Capital Reserve into the general Fund. ( Last week Observer ) The reason given was to use for the KHS construction project, a project which was "suppose" to cost the Taxpayers $0. This project was 100% financed by the Port Authority and FAA. Now $8,000,000.00 from the capital reserve is being dumped into a project which should have cost the taxpayers nothing........this is a disgrace !  This board is paying ********'s friend **** ******** $650.00 a day for 2 years now and now a interim ** $650.00 a day replacing the ** who resigned. This is why there is no money left, ********** was hired to oversee the construction project, yet they're paying **** Construction Management to oversee the same project. **** has been paid millions of dollars already and now ********* being paid the same money as the Superintendent. Call the police the taxpayers have been getting robbed for years. 

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happy Halloween
On 9/27/2016 at 8:28 PM, Guest guest said:

Please do.Help by getting rid of the ugly orange signs.

It fits right in with the haunted house on Linden Ave LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Sad. To see you make a joke when the truth is being told. But you. can't  laugh your way  out of this. This BOE is the worst. And they need to be voted out one by one. Let's get out and vote This November. And let them know we have had enough of this B/S they put out as fact. Time go clean house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I find it hard to believe that you say this BOE has made some hard choices, due to other past board members. REALY! This BOE has the most family members and friends. And have spent a lot of tax payers money yo keep them there. So please just stop the B/S we will do all we can to show you we don't want you on the BOE. And now its time for change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AGAINST McDONALD
On 9/25/2016 at 8:49 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

I have it on information and belief that no major action in cutting 2.7 million dollars will take place until after the election. The spin control will start and the CIFELLI-SHERRY, MCDONALD MAJORITY will make you believe there is no CRISIS and all is well in happy land when in fact this School District is in Major Trouble. The TAXPAYERS of KEARNY cannot afford another 3 years of these individuals. The mismanagement of this Board of Education and Administration has set the Kearny Schools back years and it will take fresh faces with no personal agendas and with pure intentions to fix this mess that this Board has put to the students and parents in this town. Their plan is already in place don't let them fool you. You have all the information you need in presenting the truth to the Taxpayers of Kearny. Its a no brainer tell the public what has been done to your Schools and barring that people aren't smart enough in seeing the mismanagement that was done with your TAX DOLLARS it should be a landslide for the NEW COMERS. Lets rally around the new people running for the Board of Education in NOVEMBER.

It is hoped that this post gets posted in a timely manner and the Public is fully aware of the hidden agenda that CIFELLI- SHERRY and MCDONALD  have in store for the taxpayers of Kearny. Read the above post and it explains how major cuts in the current budget will come after the election which will protect their Empire and keep in safe hands the family and friends network. This is your chance for change this is an important time in the history of Kearny and these individuals have caused the WORST MISMANAGEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY. Please pay attention this ELECTION and give these NEW COMERS a CHANCE and make much needed change for the sake of our TEACHERS and most of all "OUR STUDENTS"  Throw these people OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

Four students go to the hospital And the principal doesn't think the police or fire dept. Should be called. Just a phone call to parents saying it didnt happen. REALLY. Just another friend of the BOE who doesn't know how go do the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

Out of all the colors in the world, They go and pick ORANGE. A person living in Kearny and knows anything of history, would know that is not a good sign. Unless you were looking to loose votes. Slap in our face is what it is. Sherry should be ashamed of herself. Ms Grand Marshal. You have lost my vote and any other Irish voter in this town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happy Halloween
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Out of all the colors in the world, They go and pick ORANGE. A person living in Kearny and knows anything of history, would know that is not a good sign. Unless you were looking to loose votes. Slap in our face is what it is. Sherry should be ashamed of herself. Ms Grand Marshal. You have lost my vote and any other Irish voter in this town.

It would have been more accepting if they used their picture from their fundraiser last time. They were all together wearing witches hats !!!!!! yet now it turns out to be so true why they wear those appropriate head gear. Ha Hahahahahahahahahahahhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

The signs are a disgrace. Shame on you Sherry. You gave no thought to the signs or the towns people!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×