I'm still confused.

Guest Confused in Kearny

Guest Confused in Kearny

I don't get it. The leftists are always claiming we're all in trouble because of global warming. Yet the ice in Antarctica is thicker than ever and today I heard on Ch. 12 that this February is going to be the coldest on record in the U.S. These are the same people who voted for Obama twice so I guess that

answers the question.

Yes, you are confused. You're also a troll.

You have to look at global averages, not just one or two regions. 15 of the 16 hottest years on records have been since 2000. All the scientists agree that global warming is real.

And you're still an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2smart4u

LOL these people dont read the facts, they listen to fox news( their scientists) and the Koch brothers (who have billions tied up in dirty fuels) and go from there

This is the last time I'll respond to this left wing nonsense. Climate change has existed since the beginning of time. There have been periods of global warming and cooling for millions of years As an example; the Great Lakes were created by glaciers, the deserts of North Africa were once swampy jungles. All these changes occurred long before man existed on earth. We cannot alter or control climate change, it will continue regardless of what we do. The liberal left latched onto climate change as a way to promote their liberal environmental agenda (oil-bad, coal-bad, windmills-good, solar-good) and of course the liberal "scientists" jumped on the band wagon. There is no definitive proof that

CO2 levels or ozone levels have direct impacts on global warming, but again the loony left latched onto these as "proof". My advise is to put the Kool-Aid down and wise up.

LOL these people dont read the facts, they listen to fox news( their scientists) and the Koch brothers (who have billions tied up in dirty fuels) and go from there

I know, Shane, but we have to keep putting the facts out there and hoping that the light of reality dawns on them eventually.

The liberal left latched onto climate change as a way to promote their liberal environmental agenda (oil-bad, coal-bad, windmills-good, solar-good) and of course the liberal "scientists" jumped on the band wagon. There is no definitive proof that

In fact, there isn't any proof of that at all.

This is the last time I'll respond to this left wing nonsense. Climate change has existed since the beginning of time. There have been periods of global warming and cooling for millions of years As an example; the Great Lakes were created by glaciers, the deserts of North Africa were once swampy jungles. All these changes occurred long before man existed on earth. We cannot alter or control climate change, it will continue regardless of what we do. The liberal left latched onto climate change as a way to promote their liberal environmental agenda (oil-bad, coal-bad, windmills-good, solar-good) and of course the liberal "scientists" jumped on the band wagon. There is no definitive proof that

CO2 levels or ozone levels have direct impacts on global warming, but again the loony left latched onto these as "proof". My advise is to put the Kool-Aid down and wise up.

Good. We hope you keep your word and stop babbling about things you know nothing about. Meanwhile, we'll keep trying to educate you.

We all know that there are always variations in the average temperature but that misses the point. The climate change that is occurring now, as a result of excessive carbon emissions from our consumption of fossil fuels, is occurring at a much faster rate than has ever been documented at any other time. Change this rapid might have occurred 65 million years ago when a giant meteor hit Earth, causing worldwide changes in the atmosphere, to such an extent that the dinosaurs became extinct. But that's the point: entire classes of species went extinct as a result of it. Your argument - as has been pointed out to you repeatedly - is like saying that we're all going to die eventually anyway, so there's no harm in jumping in front of a moving train.

When change occurs this rapidly, existing species cannot adapt quickly enough to survive. That is why approximately 25% of all species on Earth are likely to become extinct by 2050 as a result of climate change.

Even those populations that survive will be severely disrupted. This is equally true, or perhaps even more true, for human populations, which cannot adapt quickly enough to the changes. This results in an increase in poverty levels, and shortages of food that will be available to people in places where the people are already struggling to survive. It is also causing political instability, such as we are seeing in Syria, as nations that are already on the edge get pushed over the edge by the effects of climate change.

Now notice something. I didn't just make one or two statements. I put those statements into their proper context and supported them with facts.

So while I am very glad that you have promised, at long last, to keep your ignorance to yourself, I hope that you will read the material I just supplied for you, along with the other materials that I and others have been supplying to you for years now.

Guest 2smart4u

Good. We hope you keep your word and stop babbling about things you know nothing about. Meanwhile, we'll keep trying to educate you.

We all know that there are always variations in the average temperature but that misses the point. The climate change that is occurring now, as a result of excessive carbon emissions from our consumption of fossil fuels, is occurring at a much faster rate than has ever been documented at any other time. Change this rapid might have occurred 65 million years ago when a giant meteor hit Earth, causing worldwide changes in the atmosphere, to such an extent that the dinosaurs became extinct. But that's the point: entire classes of species went extinct as a result of it. Your argument - as has been pointed out to you repeatedly - is like saying that we're all going to die eventually anyway, so there's no harm in jumping in front of a moving train.

When change occurs this rapidly, existing species cannot adapt quickly enough to survive. That is why approximately 25% of all species on Earth are likely to become extinct by 2050 as a result of climate change.

Even those populations that survive will be severely disrupted. This is equally true, or perhaps even more true, for human populations, which cannot adapt quickly enough to the changes. This results in an increase in poverty levels, and shortages of food that will be available to people in places where the people are already struggling to survive. It is also causing political instability, such as we are seeing in Syria, as nations that are already on the edge get pushed over the edge by the effects of climate change.

Now notice something. I didn't just make one or two statements. I put those statements into their proper context and supported them with facts.

So while I am very glad that you have promised, at long last, to keep your ignorance to yourself, I hope that you will read the material I just supplied for you, along with the other materials that I and others have been supplying to you for years now.

You're doing waaay too much Kool-Aid.

Guest Looking for answers.

You're doing waaay too much Kool-Aid.

I agree. If climate change is due to our use of fossil fuels, then what has caused the regular and reoccurring periods of warming and cooling in the planets history, long before the use of fossil fuels, long before humans existed. I don't hear Obama, Gore or any

"expert' explaining that.

Guest Guest

I agree. If climate change is due to our use of fossil fuels, then what has caused the regular and reoccurring periods of warming and cooling in the planets history, long before the use of fossil fuels, long before humans existed. I don't hear Obama, Gore or any

You're right, you're still confused.

Guest Guest

Yeah. And if there are schools, why are there still stupid people? Explain that one, lefties.

Guest Guest

Yeah. And if there are schools, why are there still stupid people? Explain that one, lefties.

There's no explaining republicans and their stupidity...or penis size. Somewhere Ronald Reagan is weeping for his party, what an embarrassing bunch of idiots.