Path Train Down to Jersey City

Guest Harrison STation Resident

Guest Harrison STation Resident

I moved to Harrison so I could commute to New York real easy but this snow storm has the Path down for 3 days and I'm thinking about moving to Hoboken. The Path isn't down there.

Guest Fellow commuter

Be forewarned, the PATH s**ks from every direction. There are never ending signal problems & track conditions & drawbridge lifts that mess it up almost on a daily basis. This affects the Hoboken line as much as the Newark-WTC line. If you can get to Newark Penn Station (look up the NJT #40 bus), you can take NJ Transit in. Or look up the DeCamp bus schedule. It runs up Frank Rodgers Blvd. and into Port Authority. Good luck. I've lived here for years and am continually shocked by the horrible service and apparent complete disregard to the paying customers.

I moved to Harrison so I could commute to New York real easy but this snow storm has the Path down for 3 days and I'm thinking about moving to Hoboken. The Path isn't down there.

But the governor ran back to NH to watch a football game on Sunday and said everything in NJ was good and transportation was up and running.

Guest Harrisonian

But the governor ran back to NH to watch a football game on Sunday and said everything in NJ was good and transportation was up and running.

When Christie came to Harrison to announce the new Harrison Path Station he said his father drove to Harrison and parked and took the Path to work in New York. Good thing his father was retired otherwise he would have had to find another way to get to work. And yes Governor we could have used your help shoveling the snow off the third rail.

Time to re-open the NJTransit stations in Harrison again. At one time there was access to the Harrison NJTransit station from Warren Street, Sussex Street, Harrison Avenue and Hamilton Street. This would be a great selling point for Harrison and increase business in the town. With all the new development, commuters will need another alternative to get in and out of Manhattan. Two stops to NY Penn Station would be much better and more comfortable than the Path system. It's disturbing that our mayor and council has continued to neglect this issue. Perhaps none of them have ever been out of the town of Harrison.

Guest NYC to Harrison

Time to re-open the NJTransit stations in Harrison again. At one time there was access to the Harrison NJTransit station from Warren Street, Sussex Street, Harrison Avenue and Hamilton Street. This would be a great selling point for Harrison and increase business in the town. With all the new development, commuters will need another alternative to get in and out of Manhattan. Two stops to NY Penn Station would be much better and more comfortable than the Path system. It's disturbing that our mayor and council has continued to neglect this issue. Perhaps none of them have ever been out of the town of Harrison.

Excellent idea. The area where the Bank of America is right now could be turned into a Station. Or in the back of Harrison Avenue where 280 West bound ramp is (behind that area near JErsey Street) is also another good location. I am sure the ridership is there to support both the Path and the NJTransit. North Hudson and JErsey City got federal money for Light Rail System. Maybe our elected officials can lobby for this as it is an excellent idea and it already existed as the staircase on Harrison Avenue and the Ramp to 280 West demonstrate. It would give Harrison even better access to NYC