Mergers of KFD/HFD KPD/HPD

Guest Kearny Citizen

Guest Kearny Citizen

The proposed mergers of both the Kearny and Harrison Police and Fire Departments is a solid financial move. It's no secret that Harrison has way too many people in the top ranks and few at the Patrol and Firefighter level. When Kearny absorbs the 30 Harrison Sgts. and Lts. it will effectively end the need for any promotions for 20 years. One civilian Public Safety Director with full administrative authority forever removes the costly ranks of Chief, Deputy Chief, Battalion Chief and Captain from both cash sucking entities. The plan will save struggling tax paying residents and renters millions of dollars. They push to complete the merger needs to happen now.

"Proposed" by WHOM exactly???? Then again?? Go for it..I'm retired, and I moved out of the area..let it happen, and then we'll see all of the Idiots screaming for Mergers complaining about how their taxes are STILL going but, but their services are decreasing. When you're waiting for HOURS on a routine call because all of the manpower is down in Harrison dealing with some Sh*tshow, and nothing is left for Kearny, we'll see how much you like it. Camden County was all for the County Police Department and doing away with individial PD's altogether...until they realized that they'd be paying the same taxes, and ALL of the manpower would be in Camden, and not in the Municipalities. But hey.. "West Hudson will make this work"...even though NOBODY ELSE HAS.

Guest Kearny Citizen

RESIDENTS of Harrison and Kearny would gladly man the clubhouse/Fire House/fun house/sleep marathon building in return for reduced property tax bills. That would ensure that EVERY Firefighter is a town RESIDENT!! The WHITE MENS WELFARE CLUBS/Fire Departments would finally have racial and gender diversity. The tax breaks would be a tiny fraction of what the BLUE COLLAR MILLIONAIRE FIREFIGHTERS ARE CURRENTLY DEMANDING! Harrison and Kearny will be friends helping friends, neighbors helping neighbors, business owners helping business owners and families helping each other to create an environment of TRUST AND CONCERN FOR LIVES AND PROPERTY. These folks LIVE IN TOWN so they will be immediately available when needed and NOT an hours drive away like it is now. There will be NO MORE money sucking extreme salaries and NO MORE two day a week visiting white guys with no ties to the community. NO MORE expensive health benefits, NO MORE lifetime disability scams, costly facilities, beds, pillows, blankets, large screen tv's, gourmet kitchens, gyms, internet, couches, recliners and barbecue grills. NO MORE PAID vacations, PAID sick days, 100K boat payments of accumulated vacation and personal days! NO MORE SLEEPING AND LOUNGING AT THE MAN CAVE ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME!! This is currently being done all over the country and it's a WINNING HAND IN EVERY WAY FOR THE RESIDENTS. HUGE $$$$ SAVINGS FOR THE TOWN AND THE TAXPAYING RESIDENTS!! The MILLIONS of dollars in savings will create more community programs, health programs, food banks, better roadways and an emergency fund for catastrophic events.

Barney, it's obviously driving you crazy just thinking about what you're missing. You could have been taking advantage of all those perks if

you had only passed the test for the FD. It must S**K being a loser, Barney.

Guest Kearny Citizen

Kearny is undergoing a sharp increase in crime which requires more Police Officers on the street. The town should invest in a camera system like Harrison and East Newark. The Firefighters aren't doing a damn thing but sleeping and watching TV. The Firefighters should be assigned the responsibility of monitoring the cameras and notifying the Police of suspicious activity or crimes in progress. I realize that the Firefighters don't want to help the residents and would fight this measure. They will probably sue the town for eyeball stress to get disability pensions. Pathetic.

Guest Kearny Senior

Kearny is undergoing a sharp increase in crime which requires more Police Officers on the street. The town should invest in a camera system like Harrison and East Newark. The Firefighters aren't doing a damn thing but sleeping and watching TV. The Firefighters should be assigned the responsibility of monitoring the cameras and notifying the Police of suspicious activity or crimes in progress. I realize that the Firefighters don't want to help the residents and would fight this measure. They will probably sue the town for eyeball stress to get disability pensions. Pathetic.

Barney Barney Barney, I wish I could help you become a firefighter, but you couldn't pass the test. I'm really sorry.