Inefficient KPD

Guest Guest

The KPD is 1 of the most inefficient PD's in the state of NJ. They still have Lts and Patrolman at the police desk answering calls and dispatching. Most PD's have civilians and they get less then half the pay of Officers.They also have Supervisors scheduling and doing clerical work that could be easily handled by civilians. It's is a wonder the the State Officials go along with this waste.

Guest Santa Claus

The KPD are a well run and diverse group of law enforcement professionals. The Kearny Fire Dept., on the other hand, is an extremely overpriced social club that feeds at will on residents property tax dollar$. They are guarenteed substantial pay raises every year regardless of the struggling homeowners financial burdens. It is a patronage and nepotism mill composed of almost exclusively poorly educated white men. The bulk of these unskilled laborers make $100,000 or better. If a skilled job like a Police Officer can achieve racial diversity, then why not the simpleton job of Firefighter? They should be paid minimum wage plus tips (optional) from a homeowner if they help put out a fire.

Guest Kearny Senior

I see Barney still hasn't gotten over failing to meet the standards of the KFD. It's like a rejected lover, bad-mouthing someone he would love to be with. Poor Barney.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I never see any cops walking the streets. During the summer I did not see one cop on a bike doing patrol. I believe Kearny cops need to walk/come out the car & greet people & introduce themselves for 2 mins so residents can communicate with them.

I agree. I never see any cops walking the streets. During the summer I did not see one cop on a bike doing patrol. I believe Kearny cops need to walk/come out the car & greet people & introduce themselves for 2 mins so residents can communicate with them.

You don't see anyone walking because until a month or so ago, there wasnt anyone TO walk. the PD was at it's lowest manpower since the 1950's with severe attrition from Retirements. That is slowly coming back, but the Santos Administration refuses to hire until someone is off the books completely, even though it's 6-9 months from date of Hire to an officer being on the street and working. This isn't the end of it either, there is another 2 dozen or so that will be elligible to retire in the next 5 years, so you're going to see the PD manpower drop again.

• 8 months later...
On November 19, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Guest Santa Claus said:

The KPD are a well run and diverse group of law enforcement professionals. The Kearny Fire Dept., on the other hand, is an extremely overpriced social club that feeds at will on residents property tax dollar$. They are guarenteed substantial pay raises every year regardless of the struggling homeowners financial burdens. It is a patronage and nepotism mill composed of almost exclusively poorly educated white men. The bulk of these unskilled laborers make $100,000 or better. If a skilled job like a Police Officer can achieve racial diversity, then why not the simpleton job of Firefighter? They should be paid minimum wage plus tips (optional) from a homeowner if they help put out a fire.

Kearny police is diverse? Lol your kidding right? The kearny police department doesn't even have one woman or minority supervisor. That isn't just right now, that is they have never had one. Really diverse.