With BOE Election in secure hands time to change Health Plans?

Guest School Watch

Guest School Watch

Timing is everything in Politics and it clearly on display in the Board's discussions to change Health Plans. The weak leadership and the cozy relationship with the KEA President and the Board has allowed this issue to take place! This is a good time to change plans because the mismanagement over the cost overuns at the High School and lights at Franklin School have resulted in having the Board to look at cost savings in trying to fill a large hole in this years budget that will likely result in a huge School Tax increase. The KEA bought into electing these Bozo's and now you will pay the price for being BLINDSIDED by a BOE that was suppose to be on your side. It is clear that what they are suggesting is we give you a cheaper plan that you the teacher pay into and the Board will get away with a cheaper rate. Does that sound fair I would think not!! The savings that the Board will save would be maybe the $150 thousand that they spent on lights at Franklin Field. This Board has done nothing for the morale in this school system and this is just another example of poor planning and bad decisions that have resulted in going after teachers and staff to save money on the backs of the very backbone of our school community. As I have said in past posts be careful what you wish for because your worst nightmares are just the beginning in a very dark time in the Kearny School System.

Guest School Watch

Hey School Watch, The BOE is staying with the current health plan. When was the last time you went to a BOE Meeting?

Hey DUM DUM read the post it states the Board was discussing and suggested that they change plans I didn't say they were going to but they were willing to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest eyes wide open

This was only brought to the boards agenda by mickey mouse the b.a. who is clueless when it comes to board relations.

Guest Guest

Actually, there is a "gentlemen's agreement" to continue with Horizon but that both sides agree to look at other, more affordable plans going forward. Both sides have good reason to do this - the BOE has to pay higher premiums and employees have to pay up to 35% of those higher premiums. Based upon what I was given Monday, it looks like my health insurance is going to be close to $1200 a month next school year. YIKES!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest School Watch

Actually, there is a "gentlemen's agreement" to continue with Horizon but that both sides agree to look at other, more affordable plans going forward. Both sides have good reason to do this - the BOE has to pay higher premiums and employees have to pay up to 35% of those higher premiums. Based upon what I was given Monday, it looks like my health insurance is going to be close to $1200 a month next school year. YIKES!

I don't believe that quote of $1200 a month is a true number and it could just be a scare tactic by the Board to get you to go along with a change in your Health Coverage. Beware of this poster and explore all the facts before falling for this propaganda. Ask the Board why they wasted money on meaningless litigation and lights at Franklin School and mismanagement of both the Midland Avenue and Kearny High School projects. These are important questions that should be answered before any action to change Health Plans are even discussed. DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

I don't believe that quote of $1200 a month is a true number and it could just be a scare tactic by the Board to get you to go along with a change in your Health Coverage. Beware of this poster and explore all the facts before falling for this propaganda. Ask the Board why they wasted money on meaningless litigation and lights at Franklin School and mismanagement of both the Midland Avenue and Kearny High School projects. These are important questions that should be answered before any action to change Health Plans are even discussed. DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!!!!!

Horizon State Benefits Plan family plan is around $30K/year Employees have to pay IIRC 37% of the premium by state law now, that works out to $11K/year that $1200/month is closer than you might think, and well within the realm of possibility the way the premiums keep increasing.