Eat your heart out,Red Bulls

Guest downwithfedres

Guest downwithfedres

100 years ago -on April 16,1915-the Newark Peppers,playing at Harrison Field where Driver Harris once stood,lost to the Baltimore Terrapins,6-2,in the first major league event played in New Jersey,drawing TWENTY SIX THOUSAND!!

The Peppers played only one season in town,as the league could not compete overall with the established American and National Leagues,though some players from the teams involved went on to Cooperstown when they joined/rejoined teams in those leagues.

My father claimed that attended the game as a 6 year old,being taken by my grandfather.

Guest Harrison old-timer

100 years ago -on April 16,1915-the Newark Peppers,playing at Harrison Field where Driver Harris once stood,lost to the Baltimore Terrapins,6-2,in the first major league event played in New Jersey,drawing TWENTY SIX THOUSAND!!

The Peppers played only one season in town,as the league could not compete overall with the established American and National Leagues,though some players from the teams involved went on to Cooperstown when they joined/rejoined teams in those leagues.

My father claimed that attended the game as a 6 year old,being taken by my grandfather.

My father played semi-pro soccer in East Newark in a field that was behind Top's Diner. It was around the early '30's and he was paid

about $25 a game. Attendance was usually 5,000 or so. There were teams from Kearny, Newark, Belleville that I know of who also played there.

Guest Guest

Hey Doran. Are Red Bulls calling it quits with Harrison? Nice plan that back fired. As usual, bad choices ade by a few and we all are losers.

Quit Harrison and walk away from the stadium ? Fagetaboudit.