2 New Harrison Eateries

Guest Jack Redemption.

Guest Jack Redemption.

There are 2 great eateries that have opened in the last few months. One is a Hot Dog truck ''Johnny Mac's And the other is a Deli/ sub shop called the SubStation.

Both are owned and operated by longtime Harrison residents, Who both felt the need for another great food spot for Harrisonians to get together at.

Johnny Mac's hot dog truck has delicious, and affordable hot dogs with all the usual toppings, There is ample parking across the street and has a few spots open almost always right in front of the truck.

I personally have not yet tried the Sub Station but will as of Sunday Febuary 1st. From what I hear the owner of the Sub Station is looking to fill a void in Harrisons sub sandwich needs. Sure you can get great sandwiches from Enzos No one can beat thier dailly specials. You can also find longtime Harrison favorites at Hinzes Deli like The DPW and Harrison signature Sloppy Joes.

Still there has been a void left when the original owner(Renee) of 105 subs sold his sub shop years ago. Harrison residents have been yearning for a new Hoagie Haven A new Sub shop for many years now. And The Sub Station is looking to fill that void, Heck it's located right at the same space that 105 Subs used to occupy. Let's Welcome both eateries with our pationage

Johnny Mac's is located on Frank E Rodgers Blvd. and Jersey street .

The Sub Station is located On Hamilton street and Frank E Rodgers Blvd.

Guest Jack Redemption

Has anyone else given these fine places a shot? From the 132 views, I can plainly see you people are paying attention. Let's hear some reviews and comments. I know that everyone gets hungry. Supporting your local MOM and POP eateries also includes spreading the word about them.

post-0-0-92143000-1423360323_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-41579200-1423360336_thumb.jpg

Has anyone else given these fine places a shot? From the 132 views, I can plainly see you people are paying attention. Let's hear some reviews and comments. I know that everyone gets hungry. Supporting your local MOM and POP eateries also includes spreading the word about them.

Reply to your own post with another message and icon pics of the businesses. Well, that's one way to get the number of views up. I don't know, seems like commercial advertising to me. Maybe those businesses would like to serve as sponsors of the Message Board. Contact KOTW to see if he or she is interested.

This is Jack Redemption again I have no interest or will not profit. in either eatery. I'm just a decent guy looking to promote a few local American businesses. I do so, because if I opened a business in Harrison I would appreciate if people helped me promote my business. Being negative and vindictive is a terrible life path to follow. These two great businesses are trying to bring back a spirit of having a Local Hometown business, Where friends can meet, eat and socialize. There was a strong pride in Harrison that existed in full form years ago that is missed and sorely needed to be revitalised. With all the changes in the town, the biggest being the new demographic of people moving in, It would be nice to bring back the Harrison spirit and pride of days past. We can show the new residents in town that Harrison welcomes their business and is worth staying in when hunger pangs hit. That you don't have to go very far to get a good meal ,some conversation and a smile and make some new friends. The Sub Station and Johnny Mac's both are run by families that have long histories in Harrison. Get up off your butt and check them out and see for yourself. Or you can try your luck getting a decent meal at the wendys or bk, I'm sure you could strike up a decent convo with a frowning underpaid overworked slave at either place. Harrison is coming back around, You '' Guest'' can either be a part of it, Or you can sit behind your keyboard, .. Hey , I'm getting hungry......

This is Jack Redemption again I have no interest or will not profit. in either eatery. I'm just a decent guy looking to promote a few local American businesses. I do so, because if I opened a business in Harrison I would appreciate if people helped me promote my business. Being negative and vindictive is a terrible life path to follow. These two great businesses are trying to bring back a spirit of having a Local Hometown business, Where friends can meet, eat and socialize. There was a strong pride in Harrison that existed in full form years ago that is missed and sorely needed to be revitalised. With all the changes in the town, the biggest being the new demographic of people moving in, It would be nice to bring back the Harrison spirit and pride of days past. We can show the new residents in town that Harrison welcomes their business and is worth staying in when hunger pangs hit. That you don't have to go very far to get a good meal ,some conversation and a smile and make some new friends. The Sub Station and Johnny Mac's both are run by families that have long histories in Harrison. Get up off your butt and check them out and see for yourself. Or you can try your luck getting a decent meal at the wendys or bk, I'm sure you could strike up a decent convo with a frowning underpaid overworked slave at either place. Harrison is coming back around, You '' Guest'' can either be a part of it, Or you can sit behind your keyboard, .. Hey , I'm getting hungry......

So when all is said and done, those two businesses will NOT be sponsoring the KOTW Board, right? This Board has also become a part of town tradition, albeit within the past 15 or more years. Just asking. (And btw, I'm not hungry. I'm able to regulate those primal urges in my life.) And let's explore those family histories you speak of. Maybe you could do that in your next non-paid advertisement.

Guest Florida Jack

The Guest is just a jealous slug of a human being. Move across the bridge into Newark. No, you might not be hungry slug , But it really sounds like you should try getting l**d once in a while. That might just help with your tightened spincter muscle. I mean your personality. Mr Redemption , I have to correct you only on one important detail. The Hot Dog cart on F.E.R Blvd and Jersey street is named Joey Mac's. Both new places to eat are managed by great people who are doing something constructive for the community of Harrison. Sounds like Barney is jumping topics again. Give it a rest slug. It looks like you have been living in town fifteen years TOO long. BTW Burger King is hiring, It seems they need someone is and expert in bathroon sanitation. And judging by the way you talk crap... You are a perfect candidate.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

The Guest is just a jealous slug of a human being. Move across the bridge into Newark. No, you might not be hungry slug , But it really sounds like you should try getting l**d once in a while. That might just help with your tightened spincter muscle. I mean your personality. Mr Redemption , I have to correct you only on one important detail. The Hot Dog cart on F.E.R Blvd and Jersey street is named Joey Mac's. Both new places to eat are managed by great people who are doing something constructive for the community of Harrison. Sounds like Barney is jumping topics again. Give it a rest slug. It looks like you have been living in town fifteen years TOO long. BTW Burger King is hiring, It seems they need someone is and expert in bathroon sanitation. And judging by the way you talk crap... You are a perfect candidate.

I don't even know what to say here. But so sad. It's cool that KOTW didn't take you on as a sponsor.

I don't even know what to say here. But so sad. It's cool that KOTW didn't take you on as a sponsor.

Please note KOTW doesn't take advertisements from local businesses. Any business or community group can post about their business or community event on KOTW free of charge. So long as the privilege is not abused the posts will be allowed. KOTW encourages its readers to shop locally in support of local businesses.

KOTW also encourages readers to support KOTW by clicking on affiliate advertisement links on KearnyOnTheWeb which without any additional cost to the reader generates a little income to defer costs of operating KearnyOnTheWeb.com

KOTW

Please note KOTW doesn't take advertisements from local businesses. Any business or community group can post about their business or community event on KOTW free of charge. So long as the privilege is not abused the posts will be allowed. KOTW encourages its readers to shop locally in support of local businesses.

KOTW also encourages readers to support KOTW by clicking on affiliate advertisement links on KearnyOnTheWeb which without any additional cost to the reader generates a little income to defer costs of operating KearnyOnTheWeb.com

KOTW

KOTW, this was never about you. But I thank you for your contribution. We all love you! But I have to get busy with the cutest HPD guys! And you better allow the clip. I'm keeping it clean just for you!