Board of Education Minutes

Guest Guest

I know that Board minutes for a meeting cannot be posted until they are approved at the next month's meeting. That being said, can anyone explain why the last posted REGULAR Meeting minutes are from September of last year. I suspect the given reason is that the person charged with the upkeep is a student who does it when he or she has the time, or some such explanation. But really, the Board should see to it that the minutes are posted in a timely manner.

For many people, the minutes are the only way they can follow the activities of the school district.

And can someone explain why a photo from December of 2013 (the Culinary Arts class trip to the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park) is still posted on the KHS page? Surely something more recent and noteworthy than that should be on it.

I know that Board minutes for a meeting cannot be posted until they are approved at the next month's meeting. That being said, can anyone explain why the last posted REGULAR Meeting minutes are from September of last year. I suspect the given reason is that the person charged with the upkeep is a student who does it when he or she has the time, or some such explanation. But really, the Board should see to it that the minutes are posted in a timely manner.

For many people, the minutes are the only way they can follow the activities of the school district.

And can someone explain why a photo from December of 2013 (the Culinary Arts class trip to the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park) is still posted on the KHS page? Surely something more recent and noteworthy than that should be on it.

You're right. The Board Minutes are always months old. I thought that was the responsibility of the Business Administrator's secretary or the Superintendent's secretary. Also, the web pages for each school are usually old news and photos, as well. I guess they don't have web facilitator's anymore.