ZibbieViscuso led Majority lay off 80 Teachers Aides

Guest School Watch

Guest School Watch

Sad to see 80 Teachers Aids were let go!! What $250,000 could have done to keep these aids?? Instead this BOZO used this money to put LIGHTS at Franklin Field??? Talk about being agressive this Board will stop at nothing to do what they want in compromising Education and spendng our tax money in reckless decisions that have given the Taxpayer increased TAXES and less Educational Services to Students. Another BONEHEADED DECISION by this BOARD OF EDUCATION. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! How are you feeling Mr Hill and Ms Davidson about running with this BOZO THERE IS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR TO THE TAXPAYER MANY WHO WERE JUST LAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad to see 80 Teachers Aids were let go!! What $250,000 could have done to keep these aids?? Instead this BOZO used this money to put LIGHTS at Franklin Field??? Talk about being agressive this Board will stop at nothing to do what they want in compromising Education and spendng our tax money in reckless decisions that have given the Taxpayer increased TAXES and less Educational Services to Students. Another BONEHEADED DECISION by this BOARD OF EDUCATION. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! How are you feeling Mr Hill and Ms Davidson about running with this BOZO THERE IS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR TO THE TAXPAYER MANY WHO WERE JUST LAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

If what you say is true about 80 teachers aides being let go, isn't that a considerable savings for the taxpayer? How many aides are there now?

If what you say is true about 80 teachers aides being let go, isn't that a considerable savings for the taxpayer? How many aides are there now?

How much did the Board save??

Guest bean counter

Viscuso's wife is an aid, but she was not effected..............don't spend 250,000 on lights and there and than will you have a considerable savings for the taxpayer !

I think what happened this year - and I don't think Mr. Viscuso had much to do with it - is that the aides were given the opportunity to work a full day instead of a half day. They and the teachers who had classroom aides were surveyed about their preferences. I would think that a teacher would prefer to have one full day aide rather than two 1/2 day aides (I know I would.) If all of the aides who requested full days were rehired, only half as many people were needed to fill the positions, leaving those who requested to stay 1/2 day without positions.

I could be wrong and I'm sure someone would point that out for me soon. :-)

Questions for "School Watch":

Are the statements in post #6 true? Please explain your answer.

What is the basis for your knowledge in the statements you made in your opening post?

How do you respond to the comment in post #2? More aides is good only if they are needed. Are the teachers complaining that they don't have enough aides? Are the students suffering? Specifics and facts please.

Did Viscuso link the lights at Franklin Field with the number of aides to be employed? Or is that just your interpretation of the effect of spending money on lights for the field? Or is the truth somewhere in the middle, or somewhere else, and if so, what is the truth?

Do you also post as "Concerned Taxpayer" and "Fact Checker"? Please don't say it doesn't matter because you're not running for public office. You are accusing people, so it is important for anyone who uses this forum as a source of information to know whether your comments are reliable.

You may not agree with Mr. Viscuso but he is a responsible and intelligent man, certainly no bozo. I'm inclined not to credit what you write when you characterize him as you did. But at the same time, I want the facts. So please, less spin and more fact.

Guest School Watch

Questions for "School Watch":

Are the statements in post #6 true? Please explain your answer.

What is the basis for your knowledge in the statements you made in your opening post?

How do you respond to the comment in post #2? More aides is good only if they are needed. Are the teachers complaining that they don't have enough aides? Are the students suffering? Specifics and facts please.

Did Viscuso link the lights at Franklin Field with the number of aides to be employed? Or is that just your interpretation of the effect of spending money on lights for the field? Or is the truth somewhere in the middle, or somewhere else, and if so, what is the truth?

Do you also post as "Concerned Taxpayer" and "Fact Checker"? Please don't say it doesn't matter because you're not running for public office. You are accusing people, so it is important for anyone who uses this forum as a source of information to know whether your comments are reliable.

You may not agree with Mr. Viscuso but he is a responsible and intelligent man, certainly no bozo. I'm inclined not to credit what you write when you characterize him as you did. But at the same time, I want the facts. So please, less spin and more fact.

In response to post #6 I can't answer that because I didn't write it. As for post #2 the school year didn't start yet so that remains an open question. I will also tell you that I don't post as "Concerned Taxpayer" or "Fact Checker. I will link this light project to the Aides that were laid off because I believe this was not a well thought out decision. Viscuso doesn't know education. Its all about projects that have nothing to do with making our students and teachers better in the classroom. As a result we lost 80 loyal individuals who gave their heart and sole to this District with this BOZO'S PIPE DREAM OF TURNING FRANKLIN FIELD INTO YANKEE STADIUM. This is not responsible or intelligent management of our TAX MONEY. NO SPINNING HERE JUST FACTS!!!!!!!!!! Oh by the way its ok for people to characterize past board members as stooges. So lets just say Viscuso is one of the 5 BOZO"S get use to it!!!!!!!!

Guest Let'm Hang Low

In response to post #6 I can't answer that because I didn't write it. As for post #2 the school year didn't start yet so that remains an open question. I will also tell you that I don't post as "Concerned Taxpayer" or "Fact Checker. I will link this light project to the Aides that were laid off because I believe this was not a well thought out decision. Viscuso doesn't know education. Its all about projects that have nothing to do with making our students and teachers better in the classroom. As a result we lost 80 loyal individuals who gave their heart and sole to this District with this BOZO'S PIPE DREAM OF TURNING FRANKLIN FIELD INTO YANKEE STADIUM. This is not responsible or intelligent management of our TAX MONEY. NO SPINNING HERE JUST FACTS!!!!!!!!!! Oh by the way its ok for people to characterize past board members as stooges. So lets just say Viscuso is one of the 5 BOZO"S get use to it!!!!!!!!

Bobby, did you get your b@!!z back from *****? Be very careful. Maybe you should give them back to her before you hurt yourself.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

I know you didn't write post #6, D**bA**. That doesn't mean you can't comment on it. What a lame excuse. When you make an excuse like that, you destroy any credibility that you might otherwise have. So I called you D**ba**. Don't blame me for what you did to yourself.

If you're concerned about saving tax money, it makes no sense to bemoan having fewer workers.

And the last time I checked, one Board member cannot single-handedly approve an expenditure. So why are you singling out Viscuso?

You're not writing as an objective observer but as a partisan. What axe are you grinding? You're not fooling anyone.

Guest Magic Twinkee

I know you didn't write post #6, D**bA**. That doesn't mean you can't comment on it. What a lame excuse. When you make an excuse like that, you destroy any credibility that you might otherwise have. So I called you D**bA**. Don't blame me for what you did to yourself.

If you're concerned about saving tax money, it makes no sense to bemoan having fewer workers.

And the last time I checked, one Board member cannot single-handedly approve an expenditure. So why are you singling out Viscuso?

You're not writing as an objective observer but as a partisan. What axe are you grinding? You're not fooling anyone.

They attack Mr. Viscuso to take the spotlight off Mr. Plaugic as the last sitting member of the Fab5. Mr. Plaugic was directly involved in the chaos they were responsible for but voters don't forget. Last year, King couldn't get re-elected so he didn't run. O'Malley ran and got blown off the planet. Leadbeater isn't gong to be available so he didn't run this year. Plaugic is their last hope for leaks and bad information. His record sounds volumes.

Guest School Watch

I know you didn't write post #6, D**bA**. That doesn't mean you can't comment on it. What a lame excuse. When you make an excuse like that, you destroy any credibility that you might otherwise have. So I called you D**bA**. Don't blame me for what you did to yourself.

I can only offer my opinion and trying not to be DUM as you put it only makes VISCUSO looks even more like a DUMA$$ because in post #6 the poster states that VISCUSO didn't have much to do with it speaks volumes. What was he doing when this was being discussed at the Board Table???? I'm sure he was wide awake when the lights were being discussed???? Anyone including you has to be a even bigger DUMA$$ to back a CLUELESS and out to lunch Board Member who based on post #6 has no interest in being educated on this issue that resulted in 80 people losing their positions.The purpose of singling him out isn't partisan its making the public aware that this BOZO is up for RE-ELECTION in NOVEMBER and the public has an opportunity to vote him out. I only wish the public weighs in on the decisions that this BOARD MEMBER has made in the increasing of property taxes and as a result STUDENTS and TEACHERS are receiving less EDUCATIONAL SERVICES in return. Ask any of the aides if they were surprised that were laid off!!!!! Is it true the BOARD kept the lay offs close to the vest then dropped the bombshell in the most quiet part of the summer because they didn't want bad press from the media? I would assume that one of the questions that was asked was ''IS MY WIFE'S POSITION GOING TO SAFE"

Guest Let'm Hang Low

I can only offer my opinion and trying not to be DUM as you put it only makes VISCUSO looks even more like a DUMA$$ because in post #6 the poster states that VISCUSO didn't have much to do with it speaks volumes. What was he doing when this was being discussed at the Board Table???? I'm sure he was wide awake when the lights were being discussed???? Anyone including you has to be a even bigger DUMA$$ to back a CLUELESS and out to lunch Board Member who based on post #6 has no interest in being educated on this issue that resulted in 80 people losing their positions.The purpose of singling him out isn't partisan its making the public aware that this BOZO is up for RE-ELECTION in NOVEMBER and the public has an opportunity to vote him out. I only wish the public weighs in on the decisions that this BOARD MEMBER has made in the increasing of property taxes and as a result STUDENTS and TEACHERS are receiving less EDUCATIONAL SERVICES in return. Ask any of the aides if they were surprised that were laid off!!!!! Is it true the BOARD kept the lay offs close to the vest then dropped the bombshell in the most quiet part of the summer because they didn't want bad press from the media? I would assume that one of the questions that was asked was ''IS MY WIFE'S POSITION GOING TO SAFE"

Is it Bobby or Joann this time? It's so hard to tell these days who's wearing the b@!!z when they write but the lack of brains is obvious in either case. Nine members on the board and you only single out Mr. Viscuso? How did Mr. Plaugic vote? He's up for re-election too. How about Mr. Esteves? They both like nixing spending for important things like education then bam! They give away $75,000.00 to a company recommended by the phoney for a "risk assessment". Hard to believe? Nah! Expected from two individuals with no clue.

How many aides would $75,000.00 have saved?

Nowhere did I say that Mr. Viscuso was unaware or uninterested - my point is that the decision to go to full time aides rather than part time aides was an administrative decision based upon the needs of the schools and students.

FYI this is how the BOE is supposed to work. The people working in the schools, who actually know what is needed for the schools to run well, the administrators, devise plans, present their recommendations to the BOE, and then based upon costs and needs, and the presentation of the administrators the BOE members vote to approve or disapprove of the plans.

I'm not sure what you're problem is with Mr. Viscuso, but seriously your attacks on him only make you look pretty irrational.

To clarify - I'm not a BOE member or a friend or family member of Mr. Viscuso - just an observer at BOE meetings and a reader of these forums.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest School Watch

Nowhere did I say that Mr. Viscuso was unaware or uninterested - my point is that the decision to go to full time aides rather than part time aides was an administrative decision based upon the needs of the schools and students.

FYI this is how the BOE is supposed to work. The people working in the schools, who actually know what is needed for the schools to run well, the administrators, devise plans, present their recommendations to the BOE, and then based upon costs and needs, and the presentation of the administrators the BOE members vote to approve or disapprove of the plans.

I'm not sure what you're problem is with Mr. Viscuso, but seriously your attacks on him only make you look pretty irrational.

To clarify - I'm not a BOE member or a friend or family member of Mr. Viscuso - just an observer at BOE meetings and a reader of these forums.

Its surprising that you aren't a Board Member or a Friend or a Family Member which gives me a reason to question what you are looking at and listening to at these Board Meetings? This is what I am seeing, 1.80 positions were lost! 2.Wasted tax money was spent to investigate the Supt. of Schools! 3.At a time when our Budget has problems we invest $250.000 in lights at Franklin Field (A VISCUSO PET PROJECT) 4.We are paying 2 Supt.of Schools 5.The Board's Legal Fees are threw the roof with senseless litigation and a waste of taxpayer dollars.5. A Midland Ave Project that started wrong from the beginning being purchased for an overpriced market value and ended up costing the taxpayer $3.5 million dollars 6. A terrible plan that was poorly managed from the start and is over budget and will need to be addressed in future budgets that will increase property taxes!!! Need I say more so I say to you " WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO AND OBSERVING AT THESE MEETINGS" Your certainly not seeing what i'm seeing!!! Please justify why you think this Board is truly representing the best interests of our CHILDREN, TEACHERS, and TAXPAYERS with the decisions that have been made since they have been in control. If you would like please take them one at a time.

Guest Worried about you

Its surprising that you aren't a Board Member or a Friend or a Family Member which gives me a reason to question what you are looking at and listening to at these Board Meetings? This is what I am seeing, 1.80 positions were lost! 2.Wasted tax money was spent to investigate the Supt. of Schools! 3.At a time when our Budget has problems we invest $250.000 in lights at Franklin Field (A VISCUSO PET PROJECT) 4.We are paying 2 Supt.of Schools 5.The Board's Legal Fees are threw the roof with senseless litigation and a waste of taxpayer dollars.5. A Midland Ave Project that started wrong from the beginning being purchased for an overpriced market value and ended up costing the taxpayer $3.5 million dollars 6. A terrible plan that was poorly managed from the start and is over budget and will need to be addressed in future budgets that will increase property taxes!!! Need I say more so I say to you " WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO AND OBSERVING AT THESE MEETINGS" Your certainly not seeing what i'm seeing!!! Please justify why you think this Board is truly representing the best interests of our CHILDREN, TEACHERS, and TAXPAYERS with the decisions that have been made since they have been in control. If you would like please take them one at a time.

Hey, Mr. Doom & Gloom, why do I doubt that you even attend board meetings? Do you toss and turn every night worrying about your TAXES? Is there nothing you can say that is POSITIVE? Do you fear that you are becoming OBSESSED with the BOARD OF ED? Maybe you should take up knitting, or bocce ball, or online gambling, or something for Christ's sake. Jeez, you are one cranky old goat.

The best interests of the teachers are the last of my concerns.

Taxes, Taxed, Taxes, are my concerm.

They can all go work in Newark, Union, and Millburn for twenty grand less a year.

A fifteen year teacher in each of those districts makes less than the 94,000 thousand a year we pay our school nurses!

Wake up people!!!

do YOU attend the meetings?? and if so, are YOU a Board member, Friend or Family???

Guest School Watch

Hey, Mr. Doom & Gloom, why do I doubt that you even attend board meetings? Do you toss and turn every night worrying about your TAXES? Is there nothing you can say that is POSITIVE? Do you fear that you are becoming OBSESSED with the BOARD OF ED? Maybe you should take up knitting, or bocce ball, or online gambling, or something for Christ's sake. Jeez, you are one cranky old goat.

Just as I thought, you have no defense for the decisions that have been made and the lack of education that you possess in sitting at these meetings and saying DUH!! that was a good idea to spend money to investigate the Supt. of Schools, and in tough budget times DUH!! spend $250.000 on lights. Great Job Board!!!!!!!! What a great idea it was to buy a building and spend $3.5 million dollars of taxpayer money. What a great decision Board Members!!!!!!! And DUH!!! I don't care if you raise my taxes next year because of all the mistakes that were made from the beginning at the High School and the additional taxes I will have to pay next year on top of the Midland Ave project. Another great job Board Members, And DUH!! Great idea to pay 2 Supt.of Schools. You keep being the cheerleader for this board because it just shows that you have no common sense to see the reckless decisions that have been made with leads me to believe that you could be employed by the district and you have to defend them because they gave you your job. By the way I have a great life and it only takes me a few minutes to post on this site. I don't go to all meetings but I do go to a few and am smart enough to see what's going on here with an ego driven President MacDonald that oversees a bunch of "DOCTRINE OF NECESSITY" Board Members that are so out of touch that it is people like this old goat that will continue to make the public who are reading this site and keep them informed as to the poor decisions that have been made by this Board, and by you not defending there actions just enforces my belief that this Board doesn't represent the best interests of our STUDENTS, TEACHERS and PROPERTY TAXPAYERS. Have to go now I'm knitting a blanket in the shape of the Midland Ave Building to remind me what my taxes will look like next year.

Just as I thought, you have no defense for the decisions that have been made and the lack of education that you possess in sitting at these meetings and saying DUH!! that was a good idea to spend money to investigate the Supt. of Schools, and in tough budget times DUH!! spend $250.000 on lights. Great Job Board!!!!!!!! What a great idea it was to buy a building and spend $3.5 million dollars of taxpayer money. What a great decision Board Members!!!!!!! And DUH!!! I don't care if you raise my taxes next year because of all the mistakes that were made from the beginning at the High School and the additional taxes I will have to pay next year on top of the Midland Ave project. Another great job Board Members, And DUH!! Great idea to pay 2 Supt.of Schools. You keep being the cheerleader for this board because it just shows that you have no common sense to see the reckless decisions that have been made with leads me to believe that you could be employed by the district and you have to defend them because they gave you your job. By the way I have a great life and it only takes me a few minutes to post on this site. I don't go to all meetings but I do go to a few and am smart enough to see what's going on here with an ego driven President MacDonald that oversees a bunch of "DOCTRINE OF NECESSITY" Board Members that are so out of touch that it is people like this old goat that will continue to make the public who are reading this site and keep them informed as to the poor decisions that have been made by this Board, and by you not defending there actions just enforces my belief that this Board doesn't represent the best interests of our STUDENTS, TEACHERS and PROPERTY TAXPAYERS. Have to go now I'm knitting a blanket in the shape of the Midland Ave Building to remind me what my taxes will look like next year.

1. Yes, if it turns out that Mr. Ferrero does not have the appropriate credentials to be the Superintendent of schools, then yes, it was necessary to investigate. As the days go by and he sits - not collecting his salary since July - and doesn't provide the proof, it looks less and less likely that he was ever qualified.

2. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH the building on Midland Ave...another board, another time. Finally being put to use by the current administration/BOE.

3. In the 30 years that I've been attending BOE meetings, I don't think we've ever had a board that didn't have to call upon the "Doctrine of Necessity" to make one decision or another - unfortunately the only people who are interested in being on the BOE are those who have a vested interest (i.e. a parent, child, relative working for the board.)

4. Run for the board election this November, please, and straighten it all out.

Have a great week!

Guest School Watch

1. Yes, if it turns out that Mr. Ferrero does not have the appropriate credentials to be the Superintendent of schools, then yes, it was necessary to investigate. As the days go by and he sits - not collecting his salary since July - and doesn't provide the proof, it looks less and less likely that he was ever qualified.

2. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH the building on Midland Ave...another board, another time. Finally being put to use by the current administration/BOE.

3. In the 30 years that I've been attending BOE meetings, I don't think we've ever had a board that didn't have to call upon the "Doctrine of Necessity" to make one decision or another - unfortunately the only people who are interested in being on the BOE are those who have a vested interest (i.e. a parent, child, relative working for the board.)

4. Run for the board election this November, please, and straighten it all out.

Have a great week!

In response to question #1 if it turns out? what if it doesn't turn out the Taxpayer again has to pick up the tab for this foolish decision to go after this man instead of trying to work with him for the betterment of the School System. Question #2 Don't give me BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! We still have 2 members on the Board (MacDonald, & Doran) who voted to buy this building and the result is that this has been an abortion from day 1 and these individuals should be held accountable for this senseless decision.Question # 3 That has been the problem that for years family of employees have had people on this Board who have created a safe haven for their families and the decisions that have been made over the years I believe have reflected an appearance of nepotism that have favored board families over many years. The families over the years are so entrenched in the school system that it is difficult for people with no family interests to run for the Board of Education. These self interest individuals will stop at nothing in preserving there comfortable living knowing no one will bother them because their family member is on the Board they work the hardest for a reason when somebody with no personal interest wants to make a difference but can't because they don't possess the inside advantage of having the network of spin doctors that will discredit people, start rumors that education will be in ruins if you elect these people to the Board. We don't need "DOCTRINE OF NECESSITY" BOARD MEMBERS what we need is people with an honest commitment to solving problems not creating them. Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!

In response to question #1 if it turns out? what if it doesn't turn out the Taxpayer again has to pick up the tab for this foolish decision to go after this man instead of trying to work with him for the betterment of the School System. Question #2 Don't give me BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! We still have 2 members on the Board (MacDonald, & Doran) who voted to buy this building and the result is that this has been an abortion from day 1 and these individuals should be held accountable for this senseless decision.Question # 3 That has been the problem that for years family of employees have had people on this Board who have created a safe haven for their families and the decisions that have been made over the years I believe have reflected an appearance of nepotism that have favored board families over many years. The families over the years are so entrenched in the school system that it is difficult for people with no family interests to run for the Board of Education. These self interest individuals will stop at nothing in preserving there comfortable living knowing no one will bother them because their family member is on the Board they work the hardest for a reason when somebody with no personal interest wants to make a difference but can't because they don't possess the inside advantage of having the network of spin doctors that will discredit people, start rumors that education will be in ruins if you elect these people to the Board. We don't need "DOCTRINE OF NECESSITY" BOARD MEMBERS what we need is people with an honest commitment to solving problems not creating them. Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!

I heard that a former Board Member's Wife who was hired when her husband was still on the board as a Secretary totally abused her job always coming in late, always going out for a smoke, always coming back late from lunch. If this is true how does someone get away with this abuse and getting away with it. WHERE IS THE ACCOUNTABILITY AND HOW DOES SHE GET AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laid off and hurt

Sad that I was one of the aides that were let go and had grown attached to the kids. I worked hard at my position and didn't have any connections to the board of education to keep my position. I see Mr ********s wife got to keep her job?Why? I was told that this family has many jobs in Kearny is it true??? I needed my job to pay my rent. its not what you know,its who you know i guess my family won't be voting for ******* or his running mates.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

• 3 weeks later...

To all the aides that were laid off remember when you vote in November. VOTE THE VISCUSO TEAM OUT!!!!!!!!!