Why can't Green Acres be used to build a track in West Hudson Park

Guest downwithfedres

Guest downwithfedres

Lyndhurst and North Arlington are putting Harrison to shame with their new sports complexes.In Harrison,unless you're a young soccer player,there is no place available to get exercise.The local gin mill must be the Town Council's idea of exercise by lifting the glass to your mouth.

The double diamond would be a perfect location for the track.There are enough soccer fields in Harrison to quell a revolution.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Regardless of the ownership of the property, as a taxpayer you have a right to ask for it - it's reasonable in my opinion. I just don't know exactly what office would be the one to contact with the request. West Hudson Park should be updated and renovated - it has the potential to be a beautiful recreation facility.

Guest Guest

What's really needed in the park is restrooms. Parents and children playing in the play area near Schuyler Ave., have to walk almost a quarter of a mile to use a restroom. With all of the big money jobs in the county, surely they can hire someone to monitor the restroom already in place at the closed senior building at the lower ball field.

Guest Former Fan of Harrison

Visit the County parks in the other end of Hudson County, like North Bergen, West Hudson gets shortchanged again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest downwithfedres

Now Branch Brook is building a two mile rubberized track.Kearny will eventually fix up Gunnell Oval.What is the matter with Rodgersville?

Guest Someone That Cares!

What's really needed in the park is restrooms. Parents and children playing in the play area near Schuyler Ave., have to walk almost a quarter of a mile to use a restroom. With all of the big money jobs in the county, surely they can hire someone to monitor the restroom already in place at the closed senior building at the lower ball field.

Funny part about this.. The bathroom up top of the hill is always closed in the winter until the summer time. I haven't seen that bathroom open lately. And if there open they are open until like 5 or 6pm like really? xD

I lived in Harrison for over 13 years now, and sadly I never seen the restrooms down by the AKA (Senior Building) ever even open.. Like what is a Senior building really doing in a park if it always closed. They should redo the building completly and make it into a public restroom aleast. Gosh...

Guest donwithfedres

Don't get me wrong.I'm totally in favor of more public restrooms everywhere.In fact,i'm surprised that deBlasio hasn't pushed NYC to open hundreds of them.

Getting back to my original point,soccer fields have become ubiquitous.To me,why get involved in a game in which you just stand around?.30 years ago,i ran several Cosmos'players into the ground at a local track,disproving their"good shape" myth.