a teeny-weeny detail

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Mr. Guest, I want to recommend a book for you to read that may cause you to step out of the darkness and into the light. The book is "The Answer" by Marius Forte and Sam Sorbo. This may be just the nudge you need to save your soul. Good luck.

Save my soul from what?

Guest Guest

Mr. Guest, I want to recommend a book for you to read that may cause you to step out of the darkness and into the light. The book is "The Answer" by Marius Forte and Sam Sorbo. This may be just the nudge you need to save your soul. Good luck.

Oh, sweet Jesus! I opened the link. Some kook thinks he has the keys to the universe and all of reality. "The universe is perfectly balanced." What does that even mean? By the way, KC, according to the reviewers, your author believes in reincarnation. Did you read this before recommending it?

KC, you don't seem to understand the purpose of reading. Of course, you can read for entertainment (I have to admit, the couple of pages available online were highly entertaining). But you seem to have in mind for "Mr. Guest" to read the book to save his soul. What authority do the authors have to tell anyone how to do that? Are they scientists? Are they philosophers? Theologians, maybe, at least? Well no, not exactly. I Googled Marius Forte and found out that he used to own a cement business in Nigeria but now lives in New York and "is uniquely endowed to debate on almost any topic . . ." Are you freaking kidding me!!!? "Uniquely endowed" like no one else on earth. The world's BDF (best debater for-everrrr)!

Sam Sorbo, it turns out, is a woman. She spent a year in Paris and did some modeling. Like Forte, she "brings a wealth of experience to any topic of discussion." Let's see, I wonder what she knows about . . . nah, KOTW wouldn't like it.

But hey, their promotional sites say they are both published authors. Amazon's link must be broken because I can't find them having authored anything except this rather expensive toilet paper.

Oh, but there are videos. Sorbo looks and sounds a bit like Sarah Palin. Nothing like making your biases obvious. Forte manages to lose a debate with David Silverman, president of American Atheists, which is not easy to do.

KC, it scares the living hell out of me that you and many millions of people very much like you have virtually no idea what knowledge is. Seriously, are you an atheist playing KOTW's version of Stephen Colbert?

Oh well, thanks for some great laughs.

Guest Guest

Do you practice being arrogant?

Guest Guest

This is just too much fun. Forte and Sorbo were interviewed on Fox last autumn. At approximately 7 minutes in on this video, Sorbo explains how randomness, or chance in small bits creates a predictable order in the larger picture. She has absolutely no idea, apparently, that she just disowned her and Forte's entire hypothesis. The point she made, without intending to make it, is exactly why fractals and the minute details of evolution are so central to understanding the world. This ignorant woman knows a few basic facts but has absolutely no clue about how or why they are significant.

Guest Guest

Back to the teeny-weeny detail. How is it possible for a super-intelligent, all-powerful, conscious and purposeful being to exist independent of time and matter, without a universe or any part thereof to Be in?

Come on, god-babblers. If you're so insistent on your sky-god, you should have a good answer to that question.

Guest Guest

I'm afraid it may be too late for you.

You can be afraid all you want but you have to choose.

You can choose to be arrogant, which is how you've started out, and imagine that there is a god who is going to condemn me because I don't subscribe to a particular religion, which oh by the way, just happens to be yours. What a coincidence that is.

You can choose to paint God out as a sociopath, which is what you do if you imagine a god who would allow anyone to suffer in eternal torment - if that's what you're referring to. You refuse to say, so we can't be sure. All we can know is that whatever it is, you seem to think it's very ominous. What makes you think it isn't too late for you, making God out to be a monster?

You can answer the question, or ignore it. So far, you've chosen to ignore it. The point of asking it is to point out how absurd your belief system is. So yes, it makes sense that you refuse to answer a simple question. If I believed something as absurd as what you believe, I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

So why did you bring it up?

Except, of course, to change the subject from another series of questions you weren't answering either.

Guest Kearny Christian

So what you're really telling us is that you know you're wrong. None of it is real, and you know it.

Poor, poor atheist. Cynicism seems to be a trait the naive are forced to live with.

Guest Guest

After pages and pages of saying nothing, and expecting people to take your word whatever you believe, the best you can do is a cheap ad hominem that has no more basis in fact than your fairy-tale.

Guest Guest

Poor, poor atheist. Cynicism seems to be a trait the naive are forced to live with.

Looking at this from your perspective, do you think that is how Jesus would respond? You have an opportunity, from your perspective, to speak the truth and spread the word to people who do not know it. Jesus has not just requested you but commanded you, through the Great Commission, to do that. You've been asked a dozen or so excellent questions about your beliefs. If you could have answered them, you would have done it. You can't say with any credibility that you don't have enough time, because here you are posting on this subject. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that you have no good explanation for why sentient creatures double as food, to pick just one part of one question.

I believe that you have the ability to think and reason. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother trying to work through what seems to be purposeful ignorance on your part, to engage you in this discussion. That's not cynicism, it's Faith - in you.

Guest Guest

Maybe God didn't want to make it that easy to figure him out. If it was too easy, he wouldn't be God. You have to believe to figure it all out.

I cannot count the number of times I've heard Christians say that the Bible is God's instruction book, and that if you follow it, you have all the answers you need. But the minute a "Believer" cannot answer some excellent questions, he does and 180-degree turn and says we aren't meant to figure it out. It's not bad enough that these holier-than-thous just make stuff up; they can't even keep their story straight.

Guest Guest

Maybe God didn't want to make it that easy to figure him out. If it was too easy, he wouldn't be God. You have to believe to figure it all out.

Here again, the only way our state of knowledge makes sense is if you see things as a result of natural forces, not a conscious creator. "If it was too easy, he wouldn't be God" means that God can't create offspring who are intelligent enough to understand him. As soon as you say "God can't," you've already contradicted yourself.