James Fife

Guest Harrisonian

Guest Harrisonian

The question I have is whether James Fife was the right person to be named interim Mayor. Fife is over 70 years old and not exactly in great physical health. Couldn't the council come up with one of the council members as the interim mayor? Aren't the councilman at least better qualified to become the Mayor?

Guest 4th Warder

I agree. Doran should have waited until the middle of March before pushing through Fife. Mayor McDonough deserved the respect of doing that. I didn't like how Doran was so happy to have gotten a "unanimous" council approval of Fife. I heard there were more than one council member that was upset with the manner in which Doran pushed Fife upon them.

Not all members of the council were elligible to be picked and the 3 options were made via a group decision. Fife makes sense as an interim Mayor. He is respected in the community and knows his way around the political arena. The mayor needs to help make the final decision while leaning on those around him that are subject matter experts in their respective space.

Go figure someone on here has something critical to say without having all the facts.

Actually I think Mr. Fife was a good choice. He's seen as somewhat of an Elder Statesman here in town. For most of us, he was our former teacher and principal.

I think he's a fair and decent person.

Anyhow, the Primary and General Elections will be upon us soon enough. It is then that the people will decide.

Until that time, allow me to say, "Congratulations and Best Regards, Mayor Fife!"

Too bad we all know the facts. This stinks...as usual. Parr for the course.

Actually, I, for one, do not know which "facts" you are referencing. But one fact does stand out about your statement...your concluding idiom is misspelled. (Now that's a "fact.")

Guest 4th Warder

Are you writing about idiots or idioms?? The Town knows the facts. The Group decision was a farce. Dictated by the Chairman. Who is the Chairman? Doran. Missy don't tell us we don't know the facts. We do. Idiots.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

When the facts come out and they will soon I can assure you Fife will not have the respect of the town

So he's best friends with Jimmy Doran, Danny Choffo and all of that crowd. What else is new?

Guest guest

It has to do with at least one illegal secret meeting.We are not going to reveal everything just yet.When someone else decides to run for mayor we will give that person the whole rundown.

Guest Guest

Please tell us more?

Come on...thos is KOTW...the HOME of Mysterious Prediction posts of the "Shadow Knowledge" that "Will come out soon" but never actually does. I would call it mental Masturbation........but that would imply there was actually some thought behind it.

Guest Newer Resident

It would be nice not have anything associated with Doran. Past. Present. or Future. We need a new direction and approach. All old should go. We can't afford these individuals as tax payers. Help.

Guest Guest

It would be nice not have anything associated with Doran. Past. Present. or Future. We need a new direction and approach. All old should go. We can't afford these individuals as tax payers. Help.

Ah, when did Doran become the "old?"

Some say as early as 1999.

Broken promises, they say.

Guest Guest

Danny Choffo.... next mayor!!

If only we could RENEW THE ENERGY of my laughter at that suggestion!

I mean, we could probably save the school district about $90,000, no?

Guest Cross Street

I vote for entire Harrison Realty staff and family to run all elected, appointed and hired positions in Harrison. They can cash all issued checks and teach all the students on how to make bad decisions and how to bankrupt a Town. Thanks for the memories. Bad ones.

Guest guest

There is at least a fifty per cent chance Christie will never be president because of the rampant corruption in Harrison.I can't say much more except there are several really big projects in the works.

Guest The Shadow

There is at least a fifty per cent chance Christie will never be president because of the rampant corruption in Harrison.I can't say much more except there are several really big projects in the works.

Let me get this straight. You're saying the eyes of the nation are on Harrison ? Easy on that Kool-Aid buddy.

• 2 weeks later...