Dunphy's Being Knocked Down

Guest Guest

The building which used to be the Dunphy's restaurant on Cross and North Rodgers is being knocked down... they are knocking it down right now at 9 p.m. at night with the street not closed off and neighbors in adjacent buildings. Why isn't the building department, fire department, the police or the Mayor putting a stop to this dangerous activity in the middle of the night. The ground is shaking. The pieces are going all over the neighbor yards. Isn't there an ordinance that stops construction or demolition at night?

Never scene something like this in Harrison. We are becoming Newark where anything goes.

Did they take out the asbestos before they started demo? They should have been required to use a different method of demo because the foundations of the homes around it have been affected by this poor job of demo. Why would you demo at night unless you had something to hide or wanted to avoid inspection by building officials.

Guest SNEAKERS

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN HARRISON..... SOMEBODY GOT PAID-OFF !, OR IT WAS SOMEBODY CONNECTED ! YOU CALL THE COPS, AND THEY DON'T RESPOND ? ONLY IN CESSPOOL HARRISON ! ASBESTOS CONTAMINATION IN THE AIR ? NO SIGNS POSTED ....SAYING DANGER, ASBESTOS REMOVAL ? ONLY IN CESSPOOL HARRISON ! WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO WAKE UP ? THESE PEOPLE IN POWER, IN HARRISON , DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CITIZENS. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT WHATS IN IT FOR THEM !! THEY'RE BLEEDING YOU DRY THROUGH TAXES ! FOR WHAT ? THEIR POCKETS? OPEN YOUR EYES FOR GOD'S SAKE !

Guest SNEAKERS

no. I'm not from Newark. I have lived in Harrison for over 50 years ! still do ! seen a lot of changes going on in Harrison. some good, some bad. I can't believe how the people of Harrison, let all this bullshit, go on . NO CRIME IN HARRISON ? yeah right! just look in the town hall, and the board of ed, and you'll see criminals ! how many people in these two buildings are related ? people are laid off on the town, and replaced with a relative of some one in these two buildings ! a lot of these rfelated people, have not one, but two jobs, on the town ! hey tax payers, YOU'RE PAYING FOR THIS !!!!! people retire from high paid jobs, receiving big pensions, and come back to work on the town ! making big bucks again ! YOU'RE PAYING FOR THIS ! I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO PROVE ME WRONG ON ANYTHING I'VE STATED !

WRONG? You are too right.

Little men running the Town because voters are afraid to vote for what is right because of jobs for them selves or family members. The BOE is a joke with family friends and family and extended family of the Super. What is Doran's salary this year? What are his friends and families salaries? We will post at the appropriate time.

Thanks for listening and wish everyone a Happy New Year....We are paying litigation and spiraling BOE costs but we can't hire Police or Fireman???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 4th Warder

Does anyone know how many Police or Fireman we are going to hire in 2014?? Sonuds like we should get 2-5 Police and at least 5 Fireman?? If we lowered salaries of the top three in the BOE, we would be able to hire at least 5-6 entry level employees to make us safe.