Backdraft

Guest Don Corleone

Guest observer

You are correct. All services are suffering and but the problem remains is that the only way to pay for extra employees beginning at 100k per person and that cost will only rise with promotion happy Harrison. The taxpayers must be prepared to pay steep tax increases. The focus on the FD is because of a few events happening in succession. If a criminal murder happens the people will be saying hire more Police. Even if Harrison SHOULD terminate dead wood in non-union positions it wouldn't help. The non-union jobs are mostly all relatives so there's not much chance of that happening. I feel nothings going to change because the non-union relatives come first and the council isn't going to touch them. How does a person terminate the title of a family member?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENFD was not called to either the Folgers fire, the smoking outlet or the fatal fire & 100 times are you out of your mind! You better check you info especially about the certifications of the EN firemen & their officers

Never said they were called to those. Those happened after the FDR fire. I said Kearny was called to those. Can't you read?

In 2012 I would bet East Newark responded to about 100 calls in Harrison. Request the records from East Newark. It is public info. Obviously don't request the Harrison records because who knows where the Mayor got those numbers from in the article. I believe he said Harrison only requested M/A 14 times?!?!?!

If there is a real concern about the EN fireman certificates someone should contact the Mayor or the State, not Kearny on the Web.

Guest observer

The Town of Harrison should sell the firehouse on Cleveland Ave. If that hasn't already been done. Harrison FD will never have more than 30 guys rendering that firehouse useless. Then Harrison can hire 4 more Police Officers. Maybe that will slow down the mass exodus of people out of town.

Guest Harrison Senior

The Town of Harrison should sell the firehouse on Cleveland Ave. If that hasn't already been done. Harrison FD will never have more than 30 guys rendering that firehouse useless. Then Harrison can hire 4 more Police Officers. Maybe that will slow down the mass exodus of people out of town.

Never happen Barney. HFD's manpower will go back up to at least 42 with a minimum manning of 8. The good news is Barney won't be one of them.

EMS runs out of that station. No need to sell. Good use. Central location to respond to Harrison/East Newark for EMS.

Guest Guest

Can't shut the clubhouse down, then the little fire boys will have no where to ***** each others ******.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest guest

Or just shut down Charlie's clubhouse and hire more Harrison fireman to cover that lawsuit of a borough

and how the hell do you figure Harrison is going to do that? The whole debate that has been going on for months and the topic of discussion between the cheifs of surrounding towns is that Harrison can't even cover themselves and won't hire anymore firmen. And you are suggesting they higher enough to now service 2 towns. stop talking out your a**!

Guest enfd fire boy

Can't shut the clubhouse down, then the little fire boys will have no where to ***** each others ******.

That's right. We're not high class like the HFD. We can't afford to get the Lobster. But we "liitle fire boys" eat plenty of FISH. Send your wife down. We''ll show her a good time!

Guest Citizen

I here the Town of Harrison is promoting four more leautenants ! How ridiculous is this , I guess the scam of promoting will address the problem of lack of manpower . The Mayor will blame the state and like usual won't tell the truth that the Town asked for this, so he could take care of his friends. Again the taxpayers get the shaft. Harrison Wake Up , everyone pays for these abuses from the property owner to the renter.

Guest Guest

Clearly there's no written or grammatical test to be a fireman in east newark. Cheif? liitle? Wtf or maybe it would have been easier if it was a response written in crayon and not on a keyboard.

Guest Guest

Uh oh fire boys all riled up. Don't worry my wife doesn't have that fish issue that I'm assuming is clearly a hygienic issue with some of the women you've been with. That and she likes conversation with an adult. If your rant is an indication of your maturity level, I have nothing to worry about. On a more helpful note, orange solvent should get that seafood smell from your "manhood" wouldn't want the clubhouse to get all funky.

Guest guest

Clearly there's no drug testing in Harrison, or there wouldn't be any firemen there.

Clearly there's no written or grammatical test to be a fireman in east newark. Cheif? liitle? Wtf or maybe it would have been easier if it was a response written in crayon and not on a keyboard.

Guest Guest

I know we don't wanna talk about drugs and the fire depts, wasn't there a tattooed capt up there that used to bring blow in for everyone. Where is that piece of trash these days

Guest Harrison Senior

I know we don't wanna talk about drugs and the fire depts, wasn't there a tattooed capt up there that used to bring blow in for everyone. Where is that piece of trash these days

No such person Barney. The only piece of trash is you.

Guest Guest

less face it thars because you CAN'T put fires out and you don't know how to roll the hose the correct way

Is this supposed to be English? Yup pride of the Boro you must be esè

Guest Guest

They ran his ass outta town, you can still find him rolling around though, with his lil motorcycle gang buddies hanging around the tattoo shop that the cops have been watching but yet somehow have not locked any of them up yet.

Guest Goldilocks

You should have begun this fable with "Once Upon a Time,"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blue tide

There should be a federal/state regulation that states how many FF & PD are needed per square miles of a town, IMO. Also, every FF & PD should have to pass a yearly demanding physical test, like some sort of boot camp to maintain their jobs. I've seen some VERY over weight cops & FF's and wonder if they can REALLY protect Harrison residents. On top of that, HPD officers are often rude to residents and make their own laws. They are making all this money and being nasty to residents, I wish I had their job where they rarely do anything but stand around on OT watching/talking to workers for 8 plus hours.

Guest Guest

There should be a federal/state regulation that states how many FF & PD are needed per square miles of a town, IMO. Also, every FF & PD should have to pass a yearly demanding physical test, like some sort of boot camp to maintain their jobs. I've seen some VERY over weight cops & FF's and wonder if they can REALLY protect Harrison residents. On top of that, HPD officers are often rude to residents and make their own laws. They are making all this money and being nasty to residents, I wish I had their job where they rarely do anything but stand around on OT watching/talking to workers for 8 plus hours.

Harrison is a civil service town..take the test..or is there some reason you wouldnt be eligible?????