Taj Roberts

Guest Town Employee

Guest Town Employee

Taj Roberts aka Taj Cifelli-Pettigrew was hired as a DPW laborer at $28,010 a year at the last Kearny Town Meeting. What happened to the hiring freeze? Was there an exception for sons of councilmembers.

Guest Guest
Taj Roberts aka Taj Cifelli-Pettigrew was hired as a DPW laborer at $28,010 a year at the last Kearny Town Meeting. What happened to the hiring freeze? Was there an exception for sons of councilmembers.

There probably was an exception from the beginning. And your point is?

Guest Town Employee

The point is that Mayor Santos is a hypocrite. He announces a hiring freeze and then proceeds to do selective hiring. Taj Roberts was a temporary employee carried for over a year. He is now a permanent employee. Those of us who know Taj know that he has problems but those problems were ignored because of who is mother is. That is wrong and leads to poor moral in the department.

Guest town resident

Just remember the old saying it is not WHAT you know it is WHO you know. I sometimes wonder why kids go to college? Without the knowledge of someone on the board you will never get a job in the town they live in. And Taj has had problems for many years and nothing was ever done about it. I blame the PARENTS not the child for any problems they may have.

Guest The Class of 1975

Everyone has problems. some do something about it to change their ways. Its people like you that have the problem and do nothing about it. Now about parents so we blame the parents, I guess i have to blame my parents for everything that has happened to me. I guess i blame them because i fell, or perhaps someone would say they pushed me. Please get a life. And Taj you take it one day at a time. Let Go Let God and for you Laura keep your head high and be proud of everything you have accomplished in life, including being proud of your son.

Congrands Taj and the best of luck along the road to happiness you will see no matter what you do or who you know it is you who have proven yourself to be a man and hard worker.

So perhaps we should ask every employee in this town how they got their jobs perhaps it is someone you know!!!

If you dont take care of your own know one else will.

God Bless you Taj and Laura

Guest Town Employee
Everyone has problems. some do something about it to change their ways. Its people like you that have the problem and do nothing about it. Now about parents so we blame the parents, I guess i have to blame my parents for everything that has happened to me. I guess i blame them because i fell, or perhaps someone would say they pushed me. Please get a life. And Taj you take it one day at a time. Let Go Let God and for you Laura keep your head high and be proud of everything you have accomplished in life, including being proud of your son.

Congrands Taj and the best of luck along the road to happiness you will see no matter what you do or who you know it is you who have proven yourself to be a man and hard worker.

So perhaps we should ask every employee in this town how they got their jobs perhaps it is someone you know!!!

If you dont take care of your own know one else will.

So doe that mean I no longer have to pee in a cup to keep my job?

Guest just me

This is to Town Employee:

Pray that you or someone you care for never has a problem.

To Taj

Take it Easy - believe in yourself and stay true.

Guest Town Employee

Thanks Mom.

So what Mayor Santos is a hypocrite so long as we the Cifelli-Pettigrew clan continue to get our jobs and promotions all is well. I can play Mayor Santos. I now make four times more than he does as Mayor and I have no degree. Wow Mom, you are really smart, way to go. And by the way, I don't have to pee in a cup do I? Or get a CDL License? There are Cifelli-Pettigrew exceptions to those rules. They only apply to everyone else. Mom, you are such a great enabler.

Guest Just Me

To Town Employee:

First of all, I am not Taj's mom. I am just a person with feelings and a heart, unlike you. You obviously have never made a mistake nor has anyone in your family made a mistake. How lucky you are! Unfortunately, the rest of us are human and are entitled at times to mess up. When that happens, we just pray for a second chance. Please leave this kid alone.

Guest Manors
Everyone has problems.  some do something about it to change their ways.  Its people like you that have the problem and do nothing about it.  Now about parents so we blame the parents, I guess i have to blame my parents for everything that has happened to me.  I guess i blame them because i fell, or perhaps someone would say they pushed me.  Please get a life.  And Taj you take it one day at a time.  Let Go Let God and for you Laura keep your head high and be proud of everything you have accomplished in life, including being proud of your son.

If  you dont take care of your own know one else will.

So doe that mean I no longer have to pee in a cup to keep my job?

To Town Employee...

It is better to pee in cup and keep job...then to be pee d on when you are in curb because you failed. With your attitude its amazing you made it this far. Usually disgruntledness fails.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mayor Santos

Norman Doyle is the second family member of a sitting council member appointed to a town post in the past month. Earlier in March, officials named Taj Roberts, son of Second Ward Councilwoman Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew, as a laborer in the Department of Public Works. Roberts had been serving as a provisional DPW employee.

Santos said he "fully expects" political foes to criticize him for the two appointments.

"I fully expect there will be some persons who, for political motivation, will make that charge," Santos said, noting that Roberts's "political connection" kept him from being appointed sooner. "I have 100 percent confidence the right decision was taken with respect to Taj Roberts. With respect to Norman A. Doyle Jr., I have no reasonable doubt that he is fully capable and competent to be an excellent judge. I'm not going to make my decisions based on the political hay a few people in town will stir up."

Guest Guest 185
Or was he a part-time employee who replaced a retiring employee? Get a life.

What about the firemen who have retired in the past five years. Why have they not been replaced???!!!

Guest Guest
because Laura's husband is already a fireman and Carol's son is not a fireman

Let's not forget, the First Ward councilman Mr. Torres, also has a mother who works for the town, but she had the job before he was one of the those chosen to run for council (how the hell did that happen LOL); it is nice to know there is one big happy family up there. I am sure they would never criticize any other official for appointing relatives and if you believe that I have some swamp land down in.......to sell you

Guest Guest
these same people (especially Doyle) went nuts when Leo hired his nephew, Ron Novis.

Mrs. Doyle always had two sets of rules. Yeah, I remember that,,remember the Hudson Press? They would have a field day now. Guess they were taken care of LOL

Guest Guest

to those who think you know taj worked for the DPW for a couple of summers that is why he was considered for the job being he already knew how the system worked for it. why dont you do your research before you point your fingers

to those who think you know taj worked for the DPW for a couple of summers that is why he was considered for the job being he already knew how the system worked for it. why dont you do your research before you point your fingers

Can you think about what you're trying to say before you go ahead and type it? You make no sense what so ever! :P

Guest wondering

Do you have an ax to grind with this individual or did you just wake up from your eight hour coffee break. What about all the other additions to the payroll. Could it be your afraid to mention those, TOWN WORKER!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Guest SAME AS YOU

Dear Town Employee, I guess he got his job the same way you and every other Town Employee got there job, with the exception of Police and Fire, who are hired from a list. Who did you know to get your job? People in glass houses.........

:P

Guest pseudo shop steward
Dear Town Employee, I guess he got his job the same way you and every other Town Employee got there job, with the exception of Police and Fire, who are hired from a list. Who did you know to get your job? People in glass houses.........

:D

That's not the point--the point is is that there was an alleged hiring freeze applied to any one not related to a town employee---he isn't the first one in the last 4 years. A freeze is a freeze-- I don't remember any conditions being set forth-- like he was part time for two years so it's OK to put him on perm. The salary and benefits aren't the issue here. It's the fact that anyone was hired in the first place. What happened to eliminating positions through attrition? I'm sure even after that part there were more qualified individuales than this gentleman.

Guest Still wondering

Why is it you single out this gentleman? Others have been hired and they are related to employees and people in different positions. But you refuse to bring those up. You zero in on this one guy. Why? :D

Guest Guest

they single him out because of his name, his age being he is young, and that he had problems in the past. but what they dont remember is that taj has worked for the town before as a playground counselor and for the DPW summer program. wait doesnt he work for the dpw now maybe being that he knew the job prior to gettin hired full time they considered that instead of having to train a new person. its funny how people dont really look into all the facts and consider them they just look at the newest facts and go on that.

Guest Guest.

What in the hell is there to train. Get in truck, sit down, truck stops, get out of truck, pick stuff, put in truck, get back in truck, sit down. Coffee break.

Playground Counselor: Babysitter for summer recess.

I could careless who they hire but let's keep it real, he was already trained lol. :D

Archived