Too many firemen

Guest Kearny Senior

Guest Kearny Senior

Why, according to the Town of Harrison official website, are there 47 paid firemen and from what I've heard only 39 Police Officers. No wonder crime is out of control and the real cops are complain that the lucky test takers, but not better cops, are ruining the dept with frivolous complaints against the working guys. It's sad how pitiful the Police union members are turning against each other while 47 firemen snuggle in their warm beds.

Guest Citizen

Your telling me HFD has 47 members , which probably means 90 per cent live at least 45 minutes away. Is this the factor that contributes to horrific outcomes such as the fire on Warren St.

Guest Citizen

Your telling me that the staffing of 47 firefighters is not enough and their is a need to promote 4 more officers and additional new fireman . This is criminal!

Guest Truth sayer

MORON HFD does not have 47 members do your research & FIRE is the factor for outcomes like Warren St.no lives lost & no one injured is not horrific

Guest Ohboy!

Now they are promoting 4 more because their was a fire and had to get out of bed on a cold day. Harrison is the firefighter promotion capital of the world.

Guest Citizen

Your telling me the Mayor and Council are going to hire more firefighters and add additional Officers. When they just agreed to raise the taxes by 3.5 per cent . How about stopping this and making that commitment to cutting our taxs .