"SPECIALS"

Guest EZ RIDER

not only has this police chief put our lives in jepordy with unqualified so called special police he has gone one step further by hiring a new dispatch person who not only can't speak english she can't read or write english, someone is going to get seriously hurt or die because of poor communications between the desk and the cop on call and you know there will be lawsuites and mayby the town will do something that as always is too late................wake up residents and let the administration know that we can,t take any more of this mismanagement and start a movement to make changes come election time . take a good look at where we are going and do we want these polititions taking us to hell with them.......or do we need new leadership in control of our safty and security of our town.........and supply the proper services we are paying taxes for........

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only has this  police chief  put our lives in jepordy with unqualified so called special police he has gone one step further by hiring a new dispatch person who not only can't speak english she can't read or write english, someone is going to get seriously hurt or die because of poor communications between the desk and the cop on call and you know there will be lawsuites and mayby the town will do something  that as always  is too late................wake up residents and let the administration know that we can,t take any more of this mismanagement and start a movement to make changes come election time . take a good look at where we are going and do we want these polititions taking us to hell with them.......or do we need new leadership in control of our safty and security of our town.........and supply the proper services we are paying taxes for........

Very well said.

I have no problem with any ethnic group being employed, but as you stated one of our police officers is going to get seriously hurt due to the language barrier.

Morale couldn't be any lower.  Glad he's got us "under his thumb", at least that is what he thinks (and told the 3rd floor and the per deim lawyer)

Same story, different Chief. The only thing wrong that I see is how he got the job.

He gave them steady shifts and unlimited sick leave. What else do they want? I know, their paychecks should be mailed to their homes so they don't have to come in. I told him not to put that guy in the DB. Now that he's PBA Prez it will be tough to get rid of him.Anyway, the PBA's unfair labor grievance won't fly. The Town is allowed to hire specials if they give them the proper training, and use them according to CivilService Job descriptions. Bob Murray will make a lot of money on this.

Who is the pansy backing--the Chief or the PBA? Remember those meetings in his house with the PBA? :(

Very well said.

I have no problem with any ethnic group being employed, but as you stated one of our police officers is going to get seriously hurt due to the language barrier.

It would be their fault for not learning Spanish. More people should start learning Spanish language.

not only has this  police chief  put our lives in jepordy with unqualified so called special police he has gone one step further by hiring a new dispatch person who not only can't speak english she can't read or write english, someone is going to get seriously hurt or die because of poor communications between the desk and the cop on call and you know there will be lawsuites and mayby the town will do something  that as always  is too late................wake up residents and let the administration know that we can,t take any more of this mismanagement and start a movement to make changes come election time . take a good look at where we are going and do we want these polititions taking us to hell with them.......or do we need new leadership in control of our safty and security of our town.........and supply the proper services we are paying taxes for........

I absolutely agree! Has anyone heard her?? She sounds like she is learning English and dispatching at the same time!

There have been a lot of applications in for that job, for a long time. And those people can read and write English!

Was the open position posted?

Who was owed a favor, or, who is she related to???

Officers, Step up and say something! If you can't understand her then you need to do something.

Morale couldn't be any lower.  Glad he's got us "under his thumb", at least that is what he thinks (and told the 3rd floor and the per deim lawyer)

REALLY DESI? TELL LUCY WHY? NOW YOU FIND IT CONCERNING?

WHY STOP THERE, HOW MANY OF YOUR DISPATCHERS ARE EVEN QUALIFIED TO DO THEIR JOB? WHY PICK ON THIS PERSON ONLY? HOW MANY TIMES HAS YOUR LIFE BEEN ON THE LINE AND THE DISPATCHER HAS MESSED UP? CALL IT FOR WHAT IT IS, DON'T JUST USE THIS PERSON AS AN EXAMPLE. LOOK AT THE ONES WHO LEFT THERE INTO OTHER TOWN JOBS....TELL ME THEY DIDN'T S*CK JUST AS BAD AS THIS PERSON? IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT FAMILY CONNECTIONS AND ELECTION DEBT. AT LEAST BE FAIR. :blink:

you have no right, what about the other stupid dispatchers who work there? they are okay to stay? your life hasn't been in danger with them? they may speak english but then what? your not being fair to this person. few are qualified to be there holding that position. the rest S**K just as bad. your comments makes no sense!

Don't tell me he's managing by "fear and intimidation". That's what he told the hired gun when they tried to get the former Chief. And that was after the Chief sent him to the FBI Academy and West Point Leadership and Command Schools. What a guy. B):(:blink:

Stop your comlpaining and learn some Spanish or are you too stupid to learn another language. Everybody in the world speaks too languages.

It would be their fault for not learning Spanish. More people should start learning Spanish language.

Sorry, in case you haven't realized yet - THIS IS AMERICA. If they want to live here they should learn the language, we shouldn't have to learn theirs.

you have no right, what about the other stupid dispatchers who work there? they are okay to stay? your life hasn't been in danger with them? they may speak english but then what? your not being fair to this person. few are qualified to be there holding that position. the rest S**K just as bad. your comments makes no sense!

If you have access to a police scanner listen to her and than come back with your comments and tell me first what she said ,if you can understand a word she says tell me if you would put you life and your family under her watch and feel safe and secure. It is not a pretty sight.

that will be day I speak spanish. They are in america learn the language. They have classes to learn english and thats where they should be. I refuse my child to take spanish in school. Second grade do you belive it. Learn spanish but they don't have to learn english. Over my dead body Pisses me off soooo bad.

Stop your comlpaining and learn some Spanish or are you too stupid to learn another language. Everybody in the world speaks too languages.

You are wrong. LEARN ENGLISH. Why should we have to learn spanish. Why not another language. Spanish is not the only language in the world.

It's comments and thinking like that that will undermind this country, you come to america for a better life and want to assimilate your country that you left here, why bother comming here if you don't want to embrace the american culture and the acepted language , go back home if you miss your own culture and don't have the attitude that we have to change to accomodate you.............

Well that's good news. Maybe the PBA and FOP will be become one.

I am only a plain citizen. Is it possible for the PBA & the FOB to combine as ONE, with a "new" Name, so that both groups get an even footing and no hurt feelings? It would give both groups "double" power.

i'm not required to speak spanish to live my life in the USA but immagrants who want to live here should speak english to be apart of our lives and culture in our country as you would be expected to adapt the way of life and language in their countries.

i'm not required to speak spanish to live my life in the USA but immagrants who want to live here should speak english to be apart of our lives and culture in our country as you would be expected to adapt the way of life and language in their countries.

WHY? If I went to live in one of the South American countries and was hired in their police field and didn't know Spanish very well, nobody there would blame one of their citizens if they couldn't get their message across and there was a disaster because they didn't LEARN English?

Englsh has surficed as the ONE language of the USA since King George III.

It makes everyone who "CHOOSES" to come to America to feel 'equal' to the next guy from another country. Plus, they'd have to be dumber that the uneducated peasants who came during the past 200 yrs. if they didn't know "BEFORE" they decided to come here, that English was the language we received from our "MOTHER" Country England, just like the South American countries received Spanish or Portuguese, from their "Mother" country, Spain or Portugal, a few hundred yrs ago.

PS The Chinese, Indians, Muslims, Russians, Africans etc. understand this and continue to enjoy their native tongues socially amongst their own peoples, and don't try to 'push' it on other people of different mational backgrounds.

Yes, but as a second langauge, I have a "choice".. There is no reason why Spanish should get 'preference'. Kearny High has beenn teaching Japanese the past few yrs and has even sent a few students over there for a semester as 'exchange' students. Also, if 2 of my grandparents were from the Near East, would one of the languages from there be 'acceptable'? What about one of the Indian dialects or the 2 Chinese dialects? Do they count for less than Spanish?

In the past and "NOW" at the "present". our family's immigrants are coming here from many different countries all over the world, and we want to be part of Harrison & the USA, are our langauges 'equal' or are you 'bragging' that Spanish should get preference over all of the other immigrants?

If you have access to a police scanner listen to her and than come back with your comments and tell me first what she said ,if you can understand a word she says tell me if you would put you life and your family under her watch and feel safe and secure.  It is not a pretty sight.

again you have no fight, i've seen and heard the other dispatchers just as bad or worse.there is no substance to your whining. admit it it's because she's spanish that has you all twisted. how is her watch any different than the others? now be honest how many of your current dispatchers know what they are doing? dispatch correctly clear concise and informative? sounds to me it's a race issue! :)

I absolutely agree!  Has anyone heard her?? She sounds like she is learning English and dispatching at the same time

There have been a lot of applications in for that job, for a long time. And those people can read and write English!

Was the open position posted?

Who was owed a favor, or, who is she related to???

Officers, Step up and say something! If you can't understand her then you need to do something.

what's the excuse for your current dispatchers who by the way may speak english as you say but know nothing else. they don't cut it either so whats your point? race? get use to it. our town population demands a spanish speaking dispatcher. deal with it. i hope she continues to open doors for the rest.

If you have access to a police scanner listen to her and than come back with your comments and tell me first what she said ,if you can understand a word she says tell me if you would put you life and your family under her watch and feel safe and secure.  It is not a pretty sight.

only the non spanish can do that job? scan this, this town needs her!