Hpd

Guest HPD WITH RESPECT

Guest HPD WITH RESPECT

United we Stand, United we will Fall. To all my fellow members of the Harrison Police Department, our Unity and Solidarity will get us through these troubled times.

We are the men who work our streets, and know the makeup of Harrison. Many of us have been with the Town of Harrison since Mayor Rodgers, a true man of his word, and we must now deal day after day with the current administration of idiots.

They are now talking about going against our contract and not allowing us to carry over vacation time! And now the word is that the Mayor wants to LAYOFF 20 of us, Brass included!!

We work too hard, with little thanks; to allow these idiots to destroy what little we have. Lets make our Goal for the weeks to come up with 50 Tickets per Tour. Lets hit them where it really hurts. I bet my life that when their phones start ringing off the hook they may change their mind!!!!!!

A simple search on Yahoo.Com White pages revealed the following home numbers. Lets get those ticket books out, and Harrison Residents, get those fingers Dialing!!

Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

Councilman Villata .Unlisted

Councilman Pettigrew .(973) 350-9647

Councilman Kelly .(973) 483-1437

Councilman Dolaghan .Unlisted

Councilman Di Salvo .Unlisted

Councilman Doran .(973) 483-1619

Councilman Rodgers .(973) 268-9623

Councilwoman Mandaglio .Unlisted

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PBA and Proud

Hey HPD WITH RESPECT keep your facts straight! We the members of the Harrison Police Department did not decide to start racking up the tickets as your claim. "Captain Couch" our wonderful Chief, is the one who directed us to start giving more tickets now that the weather is changing. And you know the Chief doesn't do anything unless the "Mayor Says" so writing more tickets does nothing more than making the Mayor Happy. You want to make a difference, start calling out sick, when the squads fall short, and the commanders who haven't done any real work since the Reagan era have to start driving around, we may start to see a difference.

Guest Ashamed to be a cop

I cannot believe you guys have the gull to openly profess to be proud you are members of the PBA you are doing nothing more then hurting the citizens of your town to further your own hidden agendas. I am ashamed to be a member of your organization. The truth of the matter is some of you (most likely no more then 4 or 5) are upset because you will not be getting promoted. Contract and vacations have nothing to do with it. Maybe you should grow up and get a life. If your not happy with your job, leave. I along with, most likely, the majority of the residents in the town of Harrison have heard enough of your crying. Although I haven't been here long I have been here long enough to see the professionalism within your group has depriciated to unpresidented lows. Grow up or find a new job.

Guest Guest

IT'S THE GUYS WHO STAND UP WITH THE MAYOR WHO ARE GONNA GET THE PROMOTIONS, THE ONES WHO KISS HIS AS AND ON ELECTION DAY WORK FOR HIM. IF YOU STAND UP TO HIM HILL TRY TO HIT YOU WHERE IT HURTS. WHY PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT LETS JUST GET RID OF HIM. i'M UP FOR IMPEACHING HIM

Guest weirdo

Maybe the Town should implement a parking pass that allows the dignitaries to park where ever they want. Because this is why the Mayor is mad, he cannot double park and his family can no longer park on fire hydrants. I say to the cops stop the enforcement so that Harrison Avenue can look like Ferry Street. But make sure you keep issuing the Hispanic population..... so that you don't get the Mayor mad, they are the real ones that should be ticketed...Right Ray (Remember 7th & Harrison and 531 Harrison Avenue)...... MAYOR DON'T EVEN OPEN UP THAT CAN OF WORMS.....

Guest MR. X

I said this on another post, and I will say it again here. Why is the town laying off people who actually work. The police deal with the scum of the earth every day, and they are going to lay some people off?! Why don't they lay off the Firemen? It is about time that we start a volunteer Fire Department. Those are the guys who waste our tax dollars for nothing. There are rarely fires in town, and these guys are extremely overpaid, especially since most of them have second incomes. Why not pay them 15-20 thousand a year as a supplemental income, instead of the 50-100 that they make?!?!?!?

Guest Resident

Why doesn't the Mayor just lay off his family members who work for the town and the Board of Education and he won't need to lay off the cops who are protecting us? He can fire Tom Powell and his family members and have a budget surplus to hire more cops the Town will need to guard the empty MetroStars stadium from angry taxpayers who will want to dismantle it to pay their property taxes once the planned redevelopment flops.

Guest StudiesandObservations
Why don't they lay off the Firemen? It is about time that we start a volunteer Fire Department. Those are the guys who waste our tax dollars for nothing. There are rarely fires in town, and these guys are extremely overpaid, especially since most of them have second incomes. Why not pay them 15-20 thousand a year as a supplemental income, instead of the 50-100 that they make?!?!?!?

That is all well and good Mr X, the problem is WHO WILL VOLUNTEER???.. Look at the problems Kearny has had over the years keeping an Ambulance manned. How many Harriosn Residents will Volunteer to be firemen?? How many Residents both Live and work in Town, How many Businesses will allow employees to leave when the whistle blows?? Lastly How much liability will your town face if someone loses their home, or, god forbid, their life when the response time drops from 4-5 minutes to 10-15 minutes???? Fire Departments are like car Insurance, you can drive your whole life and never have an accident, but if you DO, then not having that insurance can be devastating. Before you point out all of the other areas locally that have VFD's, you have to remember, most of those towns never HAD a paid FD, and have always utilized the volunteer system, the residents, and business owners have been doing this for years. Starting from scratch is NEVER something to be taken lightly. You guys have a good FD there, I've seen them many times helping Kearny..dont bite your nose off to spite your face.

Guest mr x is wrong on this issue

Volunteer Fire Departments in urban towns are a thing of the past. No one has time to volunteer anymore... both persons in the household have to work... etc. It would never work in Harrison... and frankly it doesn't work in many places. Keep the FD put. You can save money by looking into the BOE with those nutty salaries and excessive fat.

I think that a split fire department with paid and volunteers works well. It is done in Morristown, which is similiar in size and demographics as Harrison. The Harrison FD is a good department in which I have alot of friends, but unfortunately the Town cannot foot 6 million per for this service. We need to streamline through attrition and offer the new positions to the one's who volunteer. If not we should at least look at the possibility of merger (Like Montclair and Glen Ridge) Saved Glen Ridge taxpayers 3 million per year..... And is still working. Let's face it staffing 60 men for fire service for a Town our size is alot of burden. The Town of Harrison has as many firefighters as the City of Rahway, which is twice the size, and has five times the industry. Just food for thought, somebody has to start thinking out of the box on that council.

Guest Joe Dirt

I agree. Paid Firemen are needed in Harrison. They do a good job when called upon and I respect what they do. The problem isnt in Police and Fire, its in the Good ole boy department. Shave the fat before you throw out the meat and potatoes. The Fire department shouldnt worry neither should the police. Political endictments are handed down on a weekly basis. I want the Mayor and councilman Kelly to keep making the threats and even better, make good on them. Union bashing is criminal. My union can use the money the suit will bring. ALso, the way Ray and Dan Kelly have blackballed the Hispanic community is not only disgusting, but embarrassing. I know they have a better candidate then Milan, I just cant wait until he/she will stand and be counted. Its time for a change......

Guest Pissed Off Pig
I cannot believe you guys have the gull to openly profess to be proud you are members of the PBA you are doing nothing more then hurting the citizens of your town to further your own hidden agendas. I am ashamed to be a member of your organization. The truth of the matter is some of you (most likely no more then 4 or 5) are upset because you will not be getting promoted. Contract and vacations have nothing to do with it. Maybe you should grow up and get a life. If your not happy with your job, leave. I along with, most likely, the majority of the residents in the town of Harrison have heard enough of your crying. Although I haven't been here long I have been here long enough to see the professionalism within your group has depriciated to unpresidented lows. Grow up or find a new job.

Stop spreading your anti PBA belief's...........

DO ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE HARRISON POLICE DEPARTMENT A FAVOR RETIRE OR DIE!0

I may never get a chance at a promotion because even though I score in the top 2 percent, I have integrity and refuse to bow to a lame duck mayor and his band of social misfits!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way this place will change, is with the right leadership, and except for a select few whocurrently are not in the ass-kissing, Mayor's always right group, we have a long haul ahead of us...

So stop waving around your not so deserved retirement papers and just go, and leave the police work to those of us who know how to handle it.

Guest MR. X
Why don't they lay off the Firemen?  It is about time that we start a volunteer Fire Department.  Those are the guys who waste our tax dollars for nothing.  There are rarely fires in town, and these guys are extremely overpaid, especially since most of them have second incomes.  Why not pay them 15-20 thousand a year as a supplemental income, instead of the 50-100 that they make?!?!?!?

That is all well and good Mr X, the problem is WHO WILL VOLUNTEER???.. Look at the problems Kearny has had over the years keeping an Ambulance manned. Fire Departments are like car Insurance, you can drive your whole life and never have an accident, but if you DO, then not having that insurance can be devastating. Before you point out all of the other areas locally that have VFD's, you have to remember, most of those towns never HAD a paid FD, and have always utilized the volunteer system, the residents, and business owners have been doing this for years. Starting from scratch is NEVER something to be taken lightly. You guys have a good FD there, I've seen them many times helping Kearny..dont bite your nose off to spite your face.

How many Harriosn Residents will Volunteer to be firemen?? How many Residents both Live and work in Town, How many Businesses will allow employees to leave when the whistle blows?? Lastly How much liability will your town face if someone loses their home, or, god forbid, their life when the response time drops from 4-5 minutes to 10-15 minutes????

1. I know plenty of residents who will volunteer, but I do like the idea that MR. Y had, with merging departments. You can merge East Newark with Harrison.

2. That's the problem with the Fire Department none of them live in town.

3. Employers can not, by law, keep a volunteer from going to fighting a fire. If they did try to keep an employee at their job, they would face some serious lawsuits.

4. And again I must refer to the fact that there are RARELY fires in Harrison, and when there is the damage is usually bad anyway.

I do understand your points, and I am not saying that they do a bad job. They are actually quite good, when called upon, but they are extremely overpaid for the amount of work they are do.

Guest Aveailable to Volunteer

If I am not mistaken, all Harrison would need is one Volunteer whose fingers could do the dialing to Kearny, and North Arlington. When is the last time Harrison actually put out a fire? The papers always show other departments, putting out our fires.

One volunteer to dial over to Kearny, I could do that.

Guest PBA and Pissed

The Weather Channel is predicting another big storm over night and tomorrow, isn't it just great guys. We will get to drive around in our cars with Bald Tires, while the resident Con drives his 4 Brand New Pick-Up trucks. Is there something wrong with this picture? They will fire up the two snow Melting trucks and clean up our streets while racking up the overtime, but god forbid we need some bullets, can't fit that into the budget.

I can't wait to drive by his office during my shift and see his truck parked right by his cozy little office, where he is inside enjoying having his **** ******, and collecting a hefty salary from the residents extremely high taxes.

I joined the force to do good for the people and make my former town a safe place to live. He went to sing sing, and is now getting h***, at the head of the class.

I don't know how we can call ourselves law enforcement officers when we sit back and do nothing, but then again with Captain Couch in the Drivers Seat we all know very well that nothing will get done unless "The Mayor Says"!!

Why don't we bring back VG, he sucked but at least he wasn't such a kiss ass.

Guest FOP and Proud

Why is it that you love to whine so much, Mr. PBA and Pissed? You complain about our cars, and Ron having new trucks, our cars run fine and his trucks were in the budget!! Bald tires? Which unit are you talking about, because they all look fine to me, and no one else is complaining?

The mayor put him in that spot because he deserved the position. Stop being such a wuss, the only reason you B**ch so much is cause you wish it was you sitting in his office having your **** sucked all day long.

You complained when VG was in the seat, now you complain about JT, why don't you transfer out of here if it is so bad?

Guest Guest

Why don't the members of the PBA who went to the Mayor and requested that the current promotional lists expire because they wanted a better shot next time just admit it. Blindly following the same nitwits who constantly complain has ruined the dept. No promotions, no morale, a terrible police station, and longer posts in the bad weather. Then again, "Captain Couch" whomever that might be will probably enjoy a long and comfortable retirement. So once again, get on your post, stop complaining about "Ronnie" (who is doing a fantastic job), and get a jump on buying those cocktail party tickets to kiss ***. Also, as you ride by the firehouses on those long midnights, be assured that everyone of them that are comfortably sleeping are making much more money than you. To the troublemakers, just look in the mirror and you will seee the idiot who ruined things for everyone.

Guest Guest
The mayor put him in that spot because he deserved the position.

Come on your getting stupid now...... It's alright to make a point, but this shows you are really a s**k**s..... And I'm not a cop, just a citizen. Get for real.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the no profanity (or anything close to profanity) policy.

Guest Pissed-Off Pig
Why is it that you love to whine so much, Mr. PBA and Pissed? You complain about our cars, and Ron having new trucks, our cars run fine and his trucks were in the budget!! Bald tires? Which unit are you talking about, because they all look fine to me, and no one else is complaining?

The mayor put him in that spot because he deserved the position. Stop being such a wuss, the only reason you B**ch so much is cause you wish it was you sitting in his office having your **** sucked all day long.

You complained when VG was in the seat, now you complain about JT, why don't you transfer out of here if it is so bad?

This sounds like one of the 3 remaining midgets in the FOP talking....

As for bald tires, most of us don't get the great vantage point you get looking directly at the tire, and while your down there you know what else you can do?

Your in the minority because you have no cause, well maybe one, the advancement of the midget twins.........

Guest Meter Maid

Do you all really think that going on a ticket spree is going to change anything? Do you really think your going to get any power?

Don't you think the tickets given to family members and cronies will just be dismissed by the Judge? Don't you understand the system? How can you call yourselves Law Enforcement Officers, when you don't uphold or enforce the law?!?!

Do you think that having a felon running a department is legal? So you issued him a ticket, BIG DEAL, that shows you have a great big set of BA!!S, he just goes back to his office laughing to blow his load, I mean to count the load of cash that he got for his restaurant, and is continuing to get as a department head. and does the word NEPOTISM mean anything to you?

Get your heads out of your ASS and go for the Jugular! Hit them where it hurts. Do you all remember you still wear the badges? You still have authority.

Do you really want to make a difference? Do you want to enjoy coming to work? Why don't you try calling the Office of The Attorney General 609-292-4925 – I would hope that Peter Harvey isn't someone they have in their pocket yet.

Guest guest_Guest

Does anyone think the police dept is going to hire more officers. I hope not because that will mean more tickets for me. I cant find parking anyway and they are just killing me with tickets.

Guest Oinker
Does anyone think the police dept is going to hire more officers. I hope not because that will mean more tickets for me. I cant find parking anyway and they are just killing me with tickets.

Believe me we are tired of writing them, but when our "Chicken Balls, Spineless, Asskissing, Yes Mayor!" Chief orders the Acting Patrol Capt. to have all patrol squads pick up their ticket productivity because its not winter anymore, we have to do it. It just so happens that the Mayor McDoughnut and his thieves decided to sh-t on the Police Department ie: No promotions, and no more accrued vacation time.

People we work rotating shifts, which change every three days, we work holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and so on. Try telling your significant other that your working on your kids birthday or Christmas, or your anniversary, one piece of advise, duck after you tell her (comes from experience).

I love my job, I work with my best friends, most of whom I've grown-up with and alot of which came from out of town just to protect the town of Harrison. So don't take this as sour grapes I hate the fact that we have to work in a fish bowl with some 300lb balding moron plumber spear fishing!!

Just think about your job, you probably want more money, better working conditions, promotion, and better benefits so you can provide for your family!

Some guys on our job want everything to remain the same, these are the same guy's who would soil their uniforms if they ever had to actually do police work!!

PS. Remember that in public there is NO ticket quota, but in real life there IS. and if you don't believe me just ask one of your police buddies, they'll tell ya!

Archived