My Observations

Buttercup

Although I have not been a member of this board for very long, I have been a lifetime resident of Kearny. It seems like the only things said on this board are either extremely negative or racist. This board should be about unity and solving the problems that you may have about this town. Quit your whining and get up and do something if you don't like the way it's being done. Second, if someone brings up a valid, good idea, you people are the first to trash talk them because you don't agree with them or think that they're young. NEWSFLASH: The youth are the people of tomorrow and judging from what I read, they present some valuable points. How about some of you members or hiding guests gets your fingers out of your ears and your eyes on the screen and realize that other people have some great ideas that could help this town. For example, someone was complaining about the school board election, if you don't like the way it is run either run for yourself or go to one of the meetings to voice your unhappiness.

And lastly, don't accuse me of being another member. Just because I hold the same values as others doesn't mean I'm the same person. Not everyone in Kearny has the same negative views.

Although I have not been a member of this board for very long, I have been a lifetime resident of Kearny. It seems like the only things said on this board are either extremely negative or racist. This board should be about unity and solving the problems that you may have about this town. Quit your whining and get up and do something if you don't like the way it's being done. Second, if someone brings up a valid, good idea, you people are the first to trash talk them because you don't agree with them or think that they're young. NEWSFLASH: The youth are the people of tomorrow and judging from what I read, they present some valuable points. How about some of you members or hiding guests gets your fingers out of your ears and your eyes on the screen and realize that other people have some great ideas that could help this town. For example, someone was complaining about the school board election, if you don't like the way it is run either run for yourself or go to one of the meetings to voice your unhappiness.

And lastly, don't accuse me of being another member. Just because I hold the same values as others doesn't mean I'm the same person. Not everyone in Kearny has the same negative views.

I feel the same way. The only thing is that some people refuse to take teenagers seriously. And I agree that this board should be about unity, but that is somewhat difficult to achieve, when you have people who do nothing but look for a reason to disagree and shout maledictions.

I signed up for this board when chris sent it to me. I would obviously support his good ideas and i thought this town would too. Unfortunatley, just like i thought, this board wasn't accepting. It really makes me sad that everyone is OK with the ignorance and racism on this board. It also dissapoints me that although they say they care about the youth of Kearny, they really dont. As soon as other people sign up with similar ideas they're all just "stupid kids" or still have to "Grow up". Really i just want to help...provide something for these kids that stand in the streets...get them off drugs and get them listening to music WITHOUT a negative message. I dont know how much longer i can read this board, all it does is upset me.

-vanessa

Guest Guest Kerry

Buttercup,

Some of your points are well taken. As far as the elected officials, you're right, if enough people stay home and don;t vote, the people get what they deserve.

Guest Guest 99
I signed up for this board when chris sent it to me.  I would obviously support his good ideas and i thought this town would too.  Unfortunatley, just like i thought, this board wasn't accepting. It really makes me sad that everyone is OK with the ignorance and racism on this board.  It also dissapoints me that although they say they care about the youth of Kearny, they really dont.  As soon as other people sign up with similar ideas they're all just "stupid kids" or still have to "Grow up".  Really i just want to help...provide something for these kids that stand in the streets...get them off drugs and get them listening to music WITHOUT a negative message.  I dont know how much longer i can read this board, all it does is upset me. 

-vanessa

Just as youth doesn't like to be lumped under one banner, please don't make claims that "everyone is OK with the ignorance and racism on this board". Not me. Although I have said that some people need to be more mature, you have never heard me say "stupid kids" or to "grow up" either.

Now, on to the main topic. Although the last time I offered that someone planning to organize a meeting or gathering for youths should attend a town council meeting,I was put off. It can not hurt attending to at least meet the people in charge. Someone mentioned the VFW hall, and the council has a liason to the United Veterans Organization (UVO). The town has a recreation committee which may assist you in getting the use of a town field in the nicer weather. Many of the council members belong to the organizations you will be looking to for help. And, if someone gets up to speak about your plans during the meeting, it is broadcast the following Monday on cable channel 12. You never know who will be watching. Hope this helps.

Archived